Electronic Retailers

BUYER BEWARE

1325 Barton Street East
Hamilton
L8H 4T1

We live in Toronto but We took our car here because there was issues with the speaker system and A friend had recommended them. Adam on our first visit seemed very knowledgeable and was eager to help. He came out to test the speakers on the car by simply playing it and guaranteed us it was an issues with the speakers. We agreed to have the front speakers replaced. We booked an appt came in and the speakers started to work again. 1 day later the same problem came back. Tony worked us in for a Saturday appointment. We came in dropped the car off and were told we would get a call once fixed. After an hour we decided to check back in. Car was already finished with no call. When we got there they couldn’t even find our keys. In addition they couldn’t find the problem and then started to explain if it is the amplifier they can’t test it. If that’s the case, why not tell us this before making the sale of the speakers? This is where all the “superb customer service” started to unravel. If we bring our car in with a problem we expect to leave with it fixed. Or at least bring it back as we are all human. But no. We were given the car unfixed. We now own $200 speakers which we probably didn’t even need. And the problem still exists. Their shop service “expert” can’t assess the amplifier to even know if it works or not. And Adams solution to this issue was “do you want us to put your old speakers back in? Oh by the way. 1 is blown”. Honestly the reason we came to them is because we felt every other shop we spoke with was just trying to make a sale, which we learned was no different then our experience with Adam. Only difference is he used lubrication vs going in dry. Well done boys. We hope you enjoy your $200. BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT in Hamilton
GT in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Killer rec room sound system and install

Wow!!!! What a great experience with EHR. I've been a customer for years but we recently did a pretty large basement reno and we needed first class sound and install. Team was professional, neat, tidy, on time and had some great suggestions during the project. finished product is outstanding and we are thrilled. Highly recommend EHR for both product, knowledge, install and overall value.

Mr and Mrs H.
Ancaster

Television and sound system purchase and installation

When we moved into our new home we needed a new TV and wanted two TV's wall mounted and wanted a sound system. East Hamilton Radio were extremely helpful in selecting the correct mounts for our application, and to choose a high quality sound bar for a sound system. They also provided an excellent smart remote control (Pro). Their prices were reasonable. They delivered in a timely manner and their installation crew did excellent work.

Peter in Hamilton
Peter in Hamilton

Service

When to replace aerial did other work charged $135 aerial still not working went back charged me $35 to tell me my rear speaker not working still didn't replace aerial $175 car is same way before I took it in would never.go back or recommend

Bill Stenhouse in Stoney creek
Bill Stenhouse in Stoney creek
2 reviews STONEY CREEK, ON

Home Theater Purchase

The service and selection from this location is better than any big box store.
The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.
I am very pleased with my purchases and service that I received.

Cheryl in Brantford
Cheryl in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Television misleading prices on website and in store

Recently my Mothers 2 year old Sharp LCD stopped working and she was looking to purchase another tv.
After shopping around on websites, the decision was made to purchase and LG 47LK520.
On the Future Shop and Best Buy websites the tv was on sale for $799.99, regular $849.99. In dealing with these stores the website prices are the same as in store unless clearly marked "web only." Their websites did not state this for this particular tv.
I then went to East Hamilton Radio's website and the exact same tv was listed on their website for $645 claiming regular price is $1099, and they were also running a promotion that ended July 21, 2011, where if you trade in any tv and purchase any LG 1080p, 42" or larger the price would be discounted further by $100.
Naively, I believed that just like most other reputable businesses, the price would be the same at the store as listed on the website and with the trade in the price would be $545. This did not occur.
So I get to the store July 20, which is not local for me, I live out of town and the tv is priced in the store at $749 with the trade in.
When I mention the website price, the salesman has no clue what I'm referring to, he has to go find a computer so he can look it up for himself.
While I'm waiting, I bring up the website on my blackberry and the model number and the price is just I saw earlier, LG 47LK520, $645.
The salesman then comes back and claims the ad is referring to a different tv. I then show it to him on my phone. At this point someone yells from upstairs claiming the website lists a different price because the trade in is already factored. So I guess I didn't need to lug in the old tv to get $100 off.
I was running for work and at this point my mom just wanted to get out of the store so she agreed to purchase the tv anyway. It was still $50 cheaper then the more reputable websites at Future Shop and Best Buy.
When I got home from work that night and checked the East Hamilton Radio website, the tv was at $799.
Now that I think about it, this is not a very good way of doing business and may be considered false advertising. If a store is going to list prices on their website consumers should expect to pay the price listed on the website unless off course clearly noted that store prices are not as listed on the website.
Overall, can't complain about the tv, but the price is definitely not as expected and I feel I was totally misled about the pricing and the promotion.

Xarin in Hamilton, ON
Xarin in Hamilton, ON
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

New Plasma Television

We went into EHR with the intention of looking at new televisions to replace our old one. Two hours later, we were leaving the store with a new 42" plasma television complete with matching stand.

The staff there are very knowledgeable and certainly not pushy. Their prices are competitive and our salesmen even gave us a card with his cell phone number on it. He told us to give him a call if we have any issues hooking it up when we got home.

Kate B
Kate B
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm Installation

Not the first place you would think of for an alarm system, but certainly the one we went with. East Hamilton Radio gave us a great price, and total security. We are very confident with our new alarm system. We were also pleased with the instruction we received upon installation from the installer. Great work.

Looking for Electronic Retailers pros in Hamilton?