Mike The Gas Man

39 Richview Road Toronto ON M9A 4M7

Reviews for Mike The Gas Man

Joel from Berkeley
Joel from Berkeley

Mike is an honest, amazing professional who was a joy to work with

Mike was amazing. My electric range died and I need someone to run a gas line to the kitchen, something like 40'. Mike came out and gave me a quote for what it would cost to install the line on the exterior of the house. During this process he was professional: prompt and knowledgeable. He was also 40% less than the other dozen quotes I got. I told him I needed 3/4" line due to the length and that bumped his quote up $1/foot. It bumped everyone else's quote by $10/foot.

When Mike did come on site to do the job, he spent the first 45 minutes looking at what we had and speaking with us about our concerns. With more complete information he came up with a superior solution that was both safer AND cheaper. He was just great. A total pro and a joy to work with.

D.Kim in Etobicoke
D.Kim in Etobicoke

Replace Gas line to dryer & replace copper gas line in basement

Mike responded quickly and gave a very reasonable quote for some work in my basement: replacing about 15 ft section of copper pipe that was carrying NG to my fireplace, and installing about 10 ft NG pipe to a new location for my gas dryer. Work was done quickly and as requested.

Sarah P in Richmond Hill
Sarah P in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Very helpful!

I called Mike yesterday, on Holiday Monday morning at 8:30 am - he answered on the first ring so I was already impressed. We desperately needed someone to come out and remove our old gas stove because our new one was arriving by 9am. Mike couldn't do it but recommended we call his buddy George who works in York region - we did, George was able to get to our house within 20 minutes and was great. Thanks to Mike's courtesy and promptness in answering the phone - we were able to have our old stove out, new stove installed, all within an hour of making the phone call - stuff like this never happens and if it wasn't for Mike, it wouldn't have - thanks Mike!!!!!

Colin from Mississauga
Colin from Mississauga

Great guy, great service!

Our electric oven died. I called 4 gas line installers for quotes to convert to natural gas. Mike called back the same day and was straight forward with the quote range depending on the situation. We ended up buying a gas stove based on his quote and called back to book a time. He did have to postpone due to unforeseen circumstances, but rebooked for the next day. Life happens, he was honest and felt bad about it. The next day, he arrived on time and worked very efficiently.
He’s also easy going and just a great guy to chat with. Not to mention, thorough and tidy. Highly recommend!
Also, on the call for the quote, he suggested looking for scratch and dent appliances and to make sure the bottom corners of the stove weren’t dented. He also said to make sure they didn’t drop it off the truck upon delivery as it could dent the corners and make it impossible to level out. Great advice! We ended up buying a floor model stove for a fraction of the price! I went out to watch the delivery and the company had one guy pulling it off the truck... glad I was there.

jschimmy in Toronto
jschimmy in Toronto

Gas Range and BBQ Connection

I've used Mike's services twice in the last 20 years and have been happy each time. When I moved into my house 20 years ago, he connected my gas range and left one line capped for a future outdoor gas BBQ. in 2016, I finally got that BBQ and I was overjoyed to find he was still in business and remembered me. He came in and did the same stellar work he did he first time, plus gave me a recipe for grilled basa fish and tips on how to keep the grill clean. Mike is such a personable guy , it's a real pleasure to do business with someone who obviously really enjoys their work and their life. Highly recommend!

Patricia in Scarborough
Patricia in Scarborough

Fantastic Guy - Great job!

I had Mike come out and connect our new gas stove. He was so accommodating in terms of timing and did a fantastic job. I wouldn't hesitate to contact him again or to refer him to friends. Thanks Mike! Patricia - Scarborough

John in Boston
John in Boston
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

repeat customer

used mike for fireplace, pool heater barbeque stove and most recently gas dryer. My gas go to guy for over 20 years. Works quick and clean. Referred many friends and relatives and all were more than pleased with his work. Thanks Mike,,,Gianni. RHill
P.s. Need a water tank soon

Antonio  in Toronto
Antonio in Toronto

Bought gas lines to the kitchen and the backyard bbq

Had a gas leak and was in desperate need of help! I found Mike The Gas Man online and gave him a call. Despite being busy, he came the very next day and showed up right on time! He was in and out in under an hour. I couldn't be happier with his professionalism and how easy he was to talk to. I felt like he was really trying to make sure I understood everything he was doing. Thanks Mike!!

David in Toronto in Toronto
David in Toronto in Toronto

gas line installation

I've hired Mike several times through the years installing new gas lines in residential and commercial contexts, and he has never failed to do a great job in no time with little fuss and a lot of class. He is knowledgeable and skilled but also honest and straightforward in all his dealings. He never fails to deliver the goods at the most reasonable rates, and always with plenty of sensible advice on the side. Really and truly, they don't make them like Mike anymore. On the last job I hired him for -- installing a new gas line -- he was extremely accommodating in tailoring his work schedule to fairly narrow windows of time when the space was accessible. He then delivered the work quickly and flawlessly and at a rate that I know you would have to work very hard indeed to find.

Looking for Gas Line Installation pros in Toronto?