Mike The Gas Man

Reviews for Mike The Gas Man

Michael
Michael

BBQ Hook up

Call to change existing gas line so my new bbq line would fit.
He told me that he does not come that far north (Aurora) but could recommend someone in the area.
Called
him and the job was done that day.
Found Mike very helpful and very professional

Adrian in Toronto
Adrian in Toronto

Mike the Gas Man is the best!

We just used Mike the Gas Man to install a natural gas valve on our deck for our BBQ. We can't recommend Mike more - super professional, affordable and a really nice guy to boot.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

BBQ hook up

Mike is unprofessional and dishonest. He cut off the line to our gas fireplace and used to hook up BBQ. I called several months later realizing the gas fireplace doesn’t work. He said he would come by to fix. He drove up to our house as promised and then drove sped away. When asked why he didn’t show he said he had a flat tire and he would return the next day. The following day I called and he said he was in the hospital and would be there several weeks. He did not stand by his error. We paid another $500 to get the problem fixed.

Joel from Berkeley
Joel from Berkeley

Mike is an honest, amazing professional who was a joy to work with

Mike was amazing. My electric range died and I need someone to run a gas line to the kitchen, something like 40'. Mike came out and gave me a quote for what it would cost to install the line on the exterior of the house. During this process he was professional: prompt and knowledgeable. He was also 40% less than the other dozen quotes I got. I told him I needed 3/4" line due to the length and that bumped his quote up $1/foot. It bumped everyone else's quote by $10/foot.

When Mike did come on site to do the job, he spent the first 45 minutes looking at what we had and speaking with us about our concerns. With more complete information he came up with a superior solution that was both safer AND cheaper. He was just great. A total pro and a joy to work with.

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Mike is the man!

Hired Mike the Gas Man to do some work in the basement and he was very professional and did an amazing job. He He also ran lines for the ground floor kitchen and new bbq line in the backyard. I would definitely hire him again and you should too!

D.Kim in Etobicoke
D.Kim in Etobicoke

Replace Gas line to dryer & replace copper gas line in basement

Mike responded quickly and gave a very reasonable quote for some work in my basement: replacing about 15 ft section of copper pipe that was carrying NG to my fireplace, and installing about 10 ft NG pipe to a new location for my gas dryer. Work was done quickly and as requested.

Sarah P in Richmond Hill
Sarah P in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Very helpful!

I called Mike yesterday, on Holiday Monday morning at 8:30 am - he answered on the first ring so I was already impressed. We desperately needed someone to come out and remove our old gas stove because our new one was arriving by 9am. Mike couldn't do it but recommended we call his buddy George who works in York region - we did, George was able to get to our house within 20 minutes and was great. Thanks to Mike's courtesy and promptness in answering the phone - we were able to have our old stove out, new stove installed, all within an hour of making the phone call - stuff like this never happens and if it wasn't for Mike, it wouldn't have - thanks Mike!!!!!

Colin from Mississauga
Colin from Mississauga

Great guy, great service!

Our electric oven died. I called 4 gas line installers for quotes to convert to natural gas. Mike called back the same day and was straight forward with the quote range depending on the situation. We ended up buying a gas stove based on his quote and called back to book a time. He did have to postpone due to unforeseen circumstances, but rebooked for the next day. Life happens, he was honest and felt bad about it. The next day, he arrived on time and worked very efficiently.
He’s also easy going and just a great guy to chat with. Not to mention, thorough and tidy. Highly recommend!
Also, on the call for the quote, he suggested looking for scratch and dent appliances and to make sure the bottom corners of the stove weren’t dented. He also said to make sure they didn’t drop it off the truck upon delivery as it could dent the corners and make it impossible to level out. Great advice! We ended up buying a floor model stove for a fraction of the price! I went out to watch the delivery and the company had one guy pulling it off the truck... glad I was there.

jschimmy in Toronto
jschimmy in Toronto

Gas Range and BBQ Connection

I've used Mike's services twice in the last 20 years and have been happy each time. When I moved into my house 20 years ago, he connected my gas range and left one line capped for a future outdoor gas BBQ. in 2016, I finally got that BBQ and I was overjoyed to find he was still in business and remembered me. He came in and did the same stellar work he did he first time, plus gave me a recipe for grilled basa fish and tips on how to keep the grill clean. Mike is such a personable guy , it's a real pleasure to do business with someone who obviously really enjoys their work and their life. Highly recommend!

Looking for Gas Line Installation pros in Toronto?