Ashley Furniture Homestore

spring2010
spring2010
0 reviews Orillia, ON

Ashley Home Store

I ordered a dining table and server Dec 2018. I was told verbally and in writing that Ashely gave a one year manfacture's warranty. I also purchased a 4 year extended warranty from Ashley. At three months the server started warping peeling and fading. I sent pictures to Ashly customer Horror center. Within a few days I realized the table was starting to chip and fade in spots. I then notified Ashley that at 90 days
I could see the table starting to do the same. I even called their head office in Winnipeg and was advised that it was not under the 1 year nor the 4 year extended warranty because it was only cosmetic and not a defect. I served the parent The Defresne Goup Ltd with a small claims writ. Within a day they were on the phone offering to pick up the set full credit. However I turned down the offer as they refused to reimburse me for the finance fees, the extended warranty and court fees. 1,000 I shall be asking the judge for 2500 extra for storage costs. I had to and still have to store this mess in my kitchen

Sandra Maria in Toronto
Sandra Maria in Toronto

Dining set

I got the dining table with scratches, the extensions broken and on top of that the back of the chairs keeps the prints when you touched them. Does not come back to normal. I want to return it and they say I have to pay the 25% or the value of the set. They just take advantage of the clients

curt in Brampton
curt in Brampton
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Garbage furniture and horrible service

Furniture is garbage! We spent over $5000 on a new living room set and the cushions compressed almost immediately. Ordered replacement ones and they forgot one, have been waiting months for the new cushion. In the meantime they are all crap again. The only thing worse than their product is their service.
Honestly our 10 year old set that we moved to the basement is better than this new set.

E4ghHuAnj7xm6L!
E4ghHuAnj7xm6L!
1 review Aurora, ON

never purchase again

I ordered a bed (and a nightstand) online which it was one of the most expensive platform beds in Ashley furniture (SKU AFHS-1442279K). My order delivered on time, but the header part was broken (photo#1,#2). After several calls, Emails, and contacts with the unprofessional rude customer service, finally they arranged for the replacement delivery, so I got the replacement part after 2 months!!! BUT… the second delivery was worse than the first one, it shipped in an open box and was broken in several locations (photo#3).
I am tired of contacting them again and again or waiting for another 2 months to receive the replacement part as there is no guarantee if it won’t be broken again!!!
It was the worst experience I have ever had, totally wasting money and time. I do not recommend Ashley furniture to anyone and I will never purchase anything from them again.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

I bought couches and a bedroom set

My couches are sagging after two months, worst customer service ever, the won’t even replace the couch. They replaced the cushions, it took them 6 months to get it right and those are sagging to. I feel like I threw my money down the toilet. Looks good but quality is horrible.

My bedroom set the pain chipped after 1 month and customer service said it’s cosmetic therefore it’s not covered in the guarentee.

I will never shop at Ashley Furniture again, I am beyond disappointed with this company.

Jeff in Vineland
Jeff in Vineland
4 reviews Lincoln, ON

CONSUMERS, BEWARE OF ASHLEY'S !!!

CONSUMERS, BEWARE OF ASHLEY'S !!!

It brings me no joy to write this horrendous review but after being patient, giving Ashley's the opportunity they asked for to correct the problem and (2) phone conversations with store Manager Gigi Ajaimal to do "the right thing" we were told "were on our own".

My wife and I have enjoyed flipping houses over the last few years and have furnished (4) homes with Ashley's ($35-$40,000 furnishings) - no issues everything was great until...

In October 2019 we once again went back to Ashley's for LR furniture (6-pcs) for our new home in Vineland. On the day of delivery one of our two brand new love-seats had damage to one of the arms. It was noted on the bill of sale at the time of delivery and was told that their customer care would be in touch. Rather than waiting to be contacted by customer care we contacted them a few hours later, explained the situation and said we wanted a brand new replacement love-seat. We were told was that their customer care department wanted the opportunity to order a replacement arm and to come out and replace it. They went on to say, if that didn't solve the problem to our satisfaction a new love-seat would be ordered. We obliged and said OK let's try that first. We waited 6-7 weeks for the new arm but instead a fabric sleeve arrived to be installed.

Immediately I noticed this attempt at a repair didn't match (as you can see by the pic). Even the installer who took my new love-seat apart to fit this replacement sleeve on agreed this wasn't a match so much so he took pics and contacted his supervisor.

Long story short...the Stoney Creek store Manager Gigi Ajaimal after two phone calls, when given the choice, chose not to do the right thing and make this right. She tried to download the issue to their customer care policy. As we explained, we didn't buy this furniture from customer care we bought it from Ashley's retail store in the Stoney Creek store and the salesperson who assisted us. Their customer care suggested we order another sleeve and try the replacement once again and that it was store policy to make three attempts.

Then 45 minutes after speaking with the store Manager again customer care called to say the fabric on the sleeve that was installed meets their "manufacturers standards" they do not guarantee a match and our case was closed.

I remember a day when HONESTY, INTEGRITY and DOING THE RIGHT THING was the cornerstone of a business culture. How too bad that this has been replaced by a well trained culture to do the exact opposite.

SHAME ON ASHLEY'S FOR NOT CHOOSING TO DO THE RIGHT THING !

Mountain in Etobicoke
Mountain in Etobicoke

DININGROOM CHAIR

I purchased 6 diningroom chairs and found one to be damaged. I would have gladly drove to the distribution centre to replace the chair but Ashley told me they don't work that way. I had to book a technician to come and look at the chair. Two weeks later the technician arrives and agrees the leg of the chair is damaged. Ashley must order the part of the chair to be replaced. I sure hope the dye lot is going to be the same so that the back and legs of the chair match. The parts are ordered and should be in a month after the technician was here. Then I will have to book another technician to come and put the chair together. I had also ordered a coffee table. We couldn't even put it together. The technician even admitted to us that he had been at another house the previous week regarding the same table. The furniture looks nice but the quality just isn't there and the customer service is terrible. I will not shop at this store again and definitely would not recommend it to anyone else.

Sjane in Mississauga
Sjane in Mississauga

Do not buy from this company

Bought sofa, love seat, two large ottomans, and two side chairs. Took delivery may 2017. Bought $250.00 extended 5 year warranty. Vinyl sofa fabrics cracked in two obscure places. They said they could order parts for me?????? Now I have to find someone to put it together hahahah. Chairs lost all support in seats. Warranty company will not cover at all (funny Ashley doesn’t use this company anymore. ) Ashley will not help in any way either totally disgusted with post sales service. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere how about a nice Canadian company maybe furniture won’t fall apart after 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dalia Samir in Oakville
Dalia Samir in Oakville

Very poor quality furniture and customer service

Please read this review and check the pictures before you make a decision to buy at Ashley Homestore. Save your money while yo still can! This is the quality that you'll not see in their showroom.
I bought two couches and I received them at the end of January. In February, both broke. One of them had a totally broken back frame and the other was broken from under the seat. I wasn't able to get a technician visit before a month. To my astonishment, the Guest Care refused to replace them and said that they were repairable. I really didn't want to repair a one month old couch. However, Guest Care told me that they cannot return them and that is all that they could do and that their technicians can do a better job than the manufacturer. Although I hadn't bought the couches from a manufacturer, I bought them from Ashley Brand, yet I had to acquiesce.
They were repaired and returned early April. By May, one of them broke from under the seat, exactly where it had been repaired. And again I had to endure this couch for a month since all technicians were fully booked. I got the visit I waited for the call only to be further stunned by the Guest Care responding that the Repair Manager's comment was that the damage was due to customer abuse and that there was nothing that they could do about it. After refusing their judgement they said they'd review the case and get back to me and I received a judgement that they can't return them and when I said what if they break again, they said then we keep repairing them, hence depleting my warranty that I had bought.

Flynnter King Bedroom Suite

Avoid Ashley's Made-in-Vietnam furniture. Look at the back to see the label. I bought a complete Flynnter King bedroom suite (9 pieces) in December 2018.

Furniture design looks great, but assembly and fit is poor. Drawers don't close properly and bun feet are askew. Also, there is a strong, pungent lacquer odour that took several weeks to dissipate.

Customer care is mediocre - I'm now into month three, and drawer issues haven't been resolved yet.

More about Ashley Furniture Homestore

FURNITURE BOTH INDOOR AND OUTDOOR WITH FANTASTIC DECOR ITEMS.
Looking for Furniture pros in Mississauga?