End Of The Roll

Reviews for End Of The Roll

Brenda in Calgary
Brenda in Calgary

Carpet Installation

After checking 4 other suppliers I was unexpectedly impressed! Pam greeted & assisted me immediately showing me several suitable carpets & giving me samples. After browsing on my own I decided to add another room to my project. Even though my choices were not confirmed I was given an itemized estimate. That was Friday; measurements were taken Saturday, installation was Monday. Everyone was friendly & competent . The in stock carpet saved me a 2 week wait AND I saved 20% compared to other retailers!

1 review Cambridge, ON

Laminate and Sheet Vinyl Purchase and Install

Russ, the owner of the Kitchener End of the Roll store pulled out all the stops to help us choose, and get installed in very short order, about 1000 sq ft of flooring. Being on a very tight timeline and a modest budget, I can't say enough about his customer service and product knowledge. A simple thanks is not enough, but I hope the recommendations I've already provided to friends and family will suffice.

thomas
thomas

second time experiemce

second time around; although, I have received numerous assurances from the outfit the installation problems have repeated; the carpet has not been secured properly, again thus loosened up shifted?! Now, there is $250 charge to have it re stretched?!
Would not deal with them, again.

Randy Schneider in Westbank
Randy Schneider in Westbank
4 reviews West Kelowna, BC

Carpet stairs, den, and rec room

After three months our carpet started showing significant signs of wear and fiber unravelling. Over the course of three months we had numerous email and phone correspondence with the manager who at that time we believe to be the owners son. This was a RED flag but felt there was a chance for some sort of mutual resolution as we were repeat customers. NO SUCH LUCK!!! He made it very clear that he would not personally come to our home and see first hand what the issues were. This was our second purchase from them totaling approximately 2000 square feet and we still had two large rooms left to do. We were astounded with his approach to our dissatisfaction. It was blatantly obvious that customer service and satisfaction is not a priority at End Of The Roll.
We will NEVER do business at any End Of The Roll or affiliate stores and could NEVER recommend them to others.
We have since purchased carpet from a competitor just down the road on Banks and found the owner and his staff to be very helpful and caring. We experienced a real sense of customer satisfaction.

Karen
Karen
1 review Chestermere, AB

Carpet installation

My daughter in Chestermere had carpet installed and the installers left a terrible mess. Her house looked like the installers had a "pillow fight" with carpet. Carpet fibers around baseboards and seams are understandable but not the mess she had to clean up!

vince comar from Calgary
vince comar from Calgary

carpet

Carpet project ( threads coming out ) by carpet installer who kept on insisting getting paid in cash .Also,the installer was more interested in flirting with female office staff at my location and told me i bought the wrong type of carpet which would last only 6 months

jodipost@shaw.ca from Airdrie
J. T.
1 review Airdrie, AB

carpet & lino

We were originally going to go with a carpet company in Airdrie, until I stumbled across some terrible reviews on this site. So it was suggested we go to End of the Roll (NE location). We were so happy we did! No only did they beat the price by $2200!! Pam was incredibly helpful picking out selections and the guys that did the floors did a great job and quickly too! I have already recommended them to a neighbor.

Paul from Panel Upgrade Experts
Paul from Panel Upgrade Experts

Basement Carpet

I had End of Roll install the carpet in my basement. The installers did a good job and where able to be left for the day while I went to work. I will use them again when I need carpet for my next house.

Hi Paul, Thank you for the positive review, we always appreciate hearing from satisfied customers on a job well done! And we'll be sure to pass along your comment to our Calgary location. Have a great day! ~End Of The Roll National Franchise Office

Neil Lees from Calgary
Neil Lees from Calgary

Carpet basement staircase

Helped by Ron in store (NE Calgary). Was able to produce an accurate estimate of final cost including underlay and install in 10 seconds from the choice of carpet we pointed out. Was able to have it installed within 24 hours. Install done by Colby. He was polite, professional and thorough, (e.g. no need to hammer down any grippers after the job), and I am very pleased with the result. HIGHLY recommend.

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the glowing recommendation! We really appreciate hearing feedback from our customers, and we'll be sure to pass along your comments to Colby.
Have a great day, and please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!
~ End Of The Roll

Holly from Calgary
Holly from Calgary

Carpet & Carpet Installation

Bad experience from the start...my fiance and I walked into the store and waited about 15 min for someone to help us. Once someone did find us, they gave us very limited info on the different carpets, so we just ended up picking one based on the color. We redid our whole upstairs carpet, and it looked great for about a month after it was done, but now it looks completely different (flat, rippled, and just old...even though its been less than a year). If someone had educated us on the carpet and told us that it would look like that after while, we would have spent a bit more for a more durable carpet. Not only that, the installer was pretty unprofessional..I was at home during the time he was putting in the carpet and he spent most of the time on his phone jokining with his buddies and making plans for the weekend. That might explain why our carpet is a rippled mess right now, with at least 10 deep ripples in the carpet...the kind you almost trip over. He also left carpet shavings everywhere so I had to spend 2 hours vacumming up the mess. Also, there were staples sticking up from the stairs which my young son cut his feet on. Had to spend another hour finding those spots and fixing them. The only good thing is that its been under a year since the carpet was installed, so they fix it for free. That was hard enough to arrange as well, as I called the office no less than 5 times before someone finally arranged an appointment to come fix it. Overall, I'm not impressed. We will be using a different company to do our basement when the time comes.

Hi Holly,
We're very sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience with not only the product, but the installer as well. Would you like to be contacted by the owner of our Calgary location at all to discuss further? Please email your feedback and contact details to our customer service department at [email protected] and someone will be in touch with you.
Our apologies, sincerely.