Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

#200 17633 114 Ave NW Edmonton AB T5S 2R9
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Stacy from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

They were amazing. We had some plumbing done in our basement done prior from Always. When they came in to give me the estimate. They were honest and there was no hidden fees! LOVE it.

Jason McNabb in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

We had water underneath the vanity in our ensuite bathroom. The plumber was able to determine that there was a clogged drain further down the pipe and that the pipe underneath our sink wasn't properly sealed, hence the leak. While he was here, we also had him install a new garburetor. After a few days we noticed a leak, but one phone call got them back out right away and they made things right. Very pleased with the outcome!

Sam from Edmonton
1 review , AB

Everything exceeded my expectations and was above average in my dealings with Always Plumbing and Heating. Starting with Dan, the salesman. He was honest, straight forward and answered all my questions. He provided a detailed, line by line accurate quote in writing before he left the house. Installation took place within 4 days of accepting the quote. The installers Terry and Darren were courteous, knowledgeable and caring. Terry took his time going over the instructions and programming with me. My wife and I are very pleased with our new furnace and water heater and the service we received.

John from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Been with them since they bought out my previous plumbing service. Opted to sign on for their premium service deal. Called to get AC looked at on June 25 and was charged customary fee to do so and got the A-OK working fine report. The very first day of a HOT summer AC did not work. Just need to order in a new part from Winnipeg. ...then still not working just another part...still not working ...and so on and so on and so on...6 weeks later(went away on holidays for 2 weeks)... at the end of summer no joke AUGUST 11 finally called the weekend hot shot in to GET-ER-DONE.

robyn graham in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

2009 - had air conditioner installed by a company that went out of business a couple of months later. We purchased the 10 year trane warranty.

2010 - called Always Plumbing because air conditioner was not blowing cold air. They charged us $700 to test and recharge the unit... claiming there was no leak and the work didn't fall under our 10 year warranty, the air conditioner was only 1 year old.

2011 - called Always Plumbing because the air conditioner was not blowing cold air they charged us $100 to test and recharge the unit... stating that there still wasn't a leak but that they would only charge us for the call out, not the recharge.

2012 - called Always Plumbing because the air conditioner was empty again!! They kept cancelling appointments... also were going to charge us the $700 again. So we called Acclaimed Plumbing and Heating. They have fixed the AC and all of the work was covered by our warranty. Turns out Always Plumbing is not a Trane company and that was why they claimed the work wouldn't be covered by our warranty. Acclaimed found one leak in the house and a second in the compressor. That means for two years the freon has been leaking into our house! Great news since we have a small child.

Karen Stanich in Edmonton
13 reviews Edmonton, AB

Always Plumming has always been a reputable plumbing business. Throughout the years, our neighbors, relatives, and friends have reccommended Always plumming for quick, efficient, and excellent service. When we were commercial business owners, we always preferred employing Always Plumbing because their service has been better than most. Always Plumming is open 24 hours and they truly know what they are doing. When unplugging our sink in the bathroom they explained why and how the sink got plugged and how to prevent clogging problems. Because the home owners were seniors, they offerred us an additional 15% discount. The plummers have always worked quickly, friendly, and always guaranteed their work. Always Plumming has competitive rates and has been selected as one of the best plumming companies by the consumer choice awards. Always Plumbing shows their clients to save money by telling them to purchase their own plumbing supplies and fixtures.

Andrew Friesen in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I called Always Plumbing earliuer this month for a few simple repairs, I needed a drain replaced and the water lines (6 feet) running to my washer/dryer replaced. The plumber was at the house for an hour and the bill was $1100.00!!!

As my Hot Water tank just broke I had another plumbing company replace it and while they were there had them give thier opinion on the work Always Plumbing did and they stated that the job would have taken an hour (as it did) and would have cost me $300 dollars if I had called them. Worth noting is the purchase of my new hot water heater and installation (took about 3 hours( cost me less then a drain and two plastic hoses from always plumbing (wiuth a 12 year warranty)

In the short term thier way of doing business may make them a healthy profit ($1,000/hr) but long term won't garner return busiess (as evidenced by my using a different contarctor for my hot water tank just 14 days after using thier company). Beware of this contactor

jeff in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Friday March 9th 2012. Plumber arrived to repair leaky valves under the tap for our rental apartment. Asked for a quote to replace the valves and he quoted $189+taxes to "pack and refurbish" and more $ to replace. He said he won't be able to get to it until after the weekend. Followed up by saying that he could "stop" the leak by tightening the valve then come back on Monday to "fix" the problem.

I asked him if he could tighten the valve now since we are paying him $89 already but he said not until we agree to putting down the deposit to "pack and refurbish" the valve. Seriously, if we have already paid $89 for your travelling fee, the least you can do is to tighten the nut, instead of holding us hostage. FYI, the time it takes to actually replace the leaky valve with a compression valve is about 5 mins with another $10+ in parts.

WHAT A RIP OFF! This not the 1st time that I have dealt with this company, and sad to say THIS IS THE NORM AS TO HOW THEY DO BUSINESS. Can only imagine what this company would charge an unsuspecting senior.

Can't believe this company is still in business. SHAME ON YOU.

* EDIT: We found another plumber who replaced the valves for us in all 5 suites for $560 (taxes included) as compared to Always Plumbing which would have cost us $1034 ($945 + $89) plus taxes to "repack and refurbish" (whatever the heck that means). Anyone can do the math and realize how far off pricing really is. BTW, if this company has the audacity to overcharge a commercial client, just think what they will do to anyone else...

Job Price

Jeff I’m sorry you feel this way . I have pulled your records and have seen you have used our services on 4 separate occasions including your last visit. We have been your plumber of choice on August 29, 2011 / November 12, 2011 / December 19, 2011 and your most recent visit on March 9, 2012. On every one of these visits you were aware of our diagnostic fee this only covers the cost of us to come and assess what is happening in your apartment. On every visit you have paid this fee plus the cost of repair or replacement to complete the job (except on your last visit). On this occasion you had called us out to look at 4 separate apartment units and we only charged you a Diagnostic Fee of $89.00 for one unit but did assess all four. like the other trips we have made to your apartment you are correct in saying that there is a cost to repairing or replacing the valves or any work we do. From my understanding Our technician had offered to repair the valves that evening which is a charge to you the customer for the work that we do, however you decided to decline that work as you did not want to pay for the repair .Our technician had also suggested to replace the valves as it would be the safest thing to do in your apartment, You had declined this work also as you had wanted us to Repair all four apartments for the Diagnostic Fee trip charge. Our Technician advised you that for this evening he can do the repair again at the cost he quoted you and then he can come back and replace the valves for you and credit you back the money you would pay to complete the repair once we come back to replace the valves in the next week or two and you had paid for the replacement. I’m sorry that there seems to be some miscommunication however I have called you and left messages to speak with you about this matter but I have not gotten a returned call form you . I also responded to your concern that was placed with the BBB and I have yet to receive a response to that reply either .I would like to clarify this matter with you and discuss with you at your earliest convince to ensure your concerns are properly addressed and we can come to a reasonable solution for you. Please be advised that we use a 10 level Repair straight forward pricing system and a replacement Straight Forward Pricing System to ensure our prices are fair and reasonable for all our customers. We don’t have a hourly rate because it would be unfair to charge someone for a hours’ worth of work when some jobs don’t take a hour to complete. Also if we are completing a job in which we run in to some difficulties with and we need to be there longer or need to get additional parts to complete the job, you the customer are not charged for the extra time and materials to complete the original quoted job. This method is designed to save our customers the time and frustration of calling a Plumbing or HVAC technician to the home. We strive to ensure all our customers are treated in a fair and professional manor and we look forward to discussing this matter with you . Please also be advised that we do have a Diamond Club Membership program in place to help our regular customers receive priority service as well as discounts on all our services and reduced call out fees. We also offer seniors a 10% discount on all our services and call out fees. We ensure we thoroughly diagnose the situation and inform the client of all the possible options and solutions we can to ensure they choose the best option that meets their needs.

Carol Raaymakers in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Our brand new home had some major plumbing issues that originated in our basement. the major issue was too much slope from our basement level to the City of edmonton drainage line. Always plum,bing came in, indicated the issue, coordinated a team of contractors to assist and resolved our issue. They were professional, accurate, and the work they did was excellent. i would highly recommend this outfit to anyone looking for work done in plumbing.

More about Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

WE Want To Be YOUR Plumber! ! ! Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd. will ensure you are a happy and satisfied customer. We don’t want to just come in and fix your immediate plumbing and heating needs. . . we want to be your plumber for life. We ...