Inspections R

Ash from Ottawa
Ash from Ottawa
2 reviews Gatineau, QC

Home inspection

Stephen did a fantastic job finding a lot of hidden movement and previous structural issues in an older home we were about to buy. He saved us from investing in a money pit. He was very detail oriented, provided a CD of photographs, and walked us through the entire process showing us proof of his findings. He sat us down after and went over every detail of what he found. We will be using him again, and recommending him to our friends and family in the area.

Alligator in Ottawa
Alligator in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Home Inspection

I first used Chelsea Home Inspections for an old house I was interested in Hull. The house was old enough that no construction date was available from the city's documentation. Nor was any other information on the house. Stephen McDonald, who knows the history of the area very well, was able to give an approximate date to the construction of the house by looking at the width of planks used for the ceiling. Apparently the local mill had burned, and for a certain period, planks were cut elsewhere with narrow blades compared to the burned mill. He was also extremely thorough, and saved me from being a house which needed much more work than I was prepared to invest in. I used his services a twice afterwards. Once for a house which I did buy, and once for a revenue building (triplex). Mr. McDonald has always been very professional and thorough, and provided me with all the facts I needed to know. I have recommended his services a number of times and have never had any negative feedback. I highly recommend Chealsea Home Inspection, specially for old homes in the Ottawa -Gatineau area.