Canadian Flooring

Jay in Downtown T.O.
Jay in Downtown T.O.
1 review ,

Floor installation

I ordered laminate floors from Canadian flooring. The price was great and the delivery time was two weeks. Great, no problem. After two weeks, I get a phone call that another two weeks is required. I wasn't thrilled to hear that, but I decided to wait for another two weeks. After another two weeks, I was informed again another two weeks is required. I was about to bail out, but I believed I would get the floors. After two weeks, no one contacted me to give an update so I called them. I heard again that they need few more days and if they don't get the floors, they'll refund my money. So, I waited again. At that point I had become a non-profitable customer as no one would give me an update unless I called them. Finally, I took my money back because they were simply unable to get the product and felt them saying "we need another two weeks" meant they have no idea if they even can get the product. I waited for 9 weeks and finally got nothing.

To be fair, their price was excellent and I decided to order the same floors from Home Depot. After few days, I got the same message from Home Depot; the floors are not available and I'd have to wait instead. Canadian Flooring just fell short in communicating the matters properly. It's not their fault if they can't get the product, but proper updates is a common business practise in such case.