Amj Campbell Toronto

Reviews for Amj Campbell Toronto

Jana Blaclkmore in East york
Jana Blaclkmore in East york

A short distance move

I have the same problem. This company doesn't know what FRAGILE means. During the move they tossed a very heavy wooden lap travel desk on top of a box marked very clearly FRAGILE. THree goblets were broken and they refuse to take responsibility The damage was $1000 and they sent a cheque for $6 telling me the matter was settled. I returned the cheque, the matter is NOT closed yet. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Darrel in Scarborough
Darrel in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Move from Toronto to Calgary

AMJ Campbell was the recommended mover of many freinds and relatives. One call to Alda and everything fell into place. She came by just a couple of days later, our estimate was very professionally made and within a short period we had our estimate in writing and were in process. What a relief. A company who cared about our move, our timeline, our goods, and us, the customer. Everything about the move, the packing, the loading by 3 very charismatic and professional men, and the speed by which they got everything safely and expeditially to our destination in Calgary was very pleasing. Thanks Mike, Kevin Sr. & Kevin Jr. You guys went above & beyond.

Darrel & Ilona, Loyal AMJ Customers for Life!

RenoQueen, Mississauga
RenoQueen, Mississauga

Short Distance Move

We were looking for a reputable moving company and while I knew this comapny has been around for a long time I noticed they gave CAA members a discount too but don't be fooled by supposed discounts. They give you a quote and then when you present your membership they tell you they already applied the discount.

The salesperson who came to our home was too "schmoozy" for my liking but I had already decided that if their quote was right I would go with them so we signed the deal. He took great satisfaction from my being "sold" on his pitch so I didn't bother to explain this point to him.

Not being experienced in the moving process (we moved ourselves the last time 18 years prior) I would caution you to watch the movers very carefully as to where they deliver your boxes. Having spent many hours carefully numbering each box and marking the room they were to be delivered to with a cross reference of contents on a master list, they basically put them down in the basement and garage anyway while I was busy attending to other matters. It's hard to watch what 4 different people are doing all at the same time. Next time I would literally stand at the front door and direct traffic. All my hours of hard work went right down the drain and I was extremely frustrated over the next months after renovation were completed trying to locate boxes. Don't be fooled into thinking you will save money on the cost services by letting them deliver your boxes to one or two rooms in your house; you waste far more time trying to sort it out later and moving boxes from the basement to two floors up to bedrooms.

While the actual moving crew were very efficient and fast, we have not been able to locate two glass table tops which I enquired about several months later when renovations were complete. I was told that they could not find them but I was too late to make an insurance claim so I estimate this cost me approximately $100.00 to replace them. I also noticed that several of the boxes marked "fragile" weren't treated as such although somehow nothing was broken; likely due to my packing. We were also disappointed that they gave up very quickly on trying to get a 3 seater couch to the basement because they said it would not fit; something my husband and brother-in-law managed to tackle in less than 5 minutes. Surprising for professional movers!

The other promo they had was that you get a free years membership to CAA, however, they forgot to send the info on this to CAA so when I went to renew, I had to pay and will have the free membership for next year instead.

They did come in slightly under the quote which is good but if I am honest, that is likely due to the shortcuts they took. If I need to use movers in the future, I may go with another well known company or at least get more quotes.

Derek in Whitby
Derek in Whitby
8 reviews Pickering, ON

Residential Move

We used their eastern Toronto office to move from Pickering to Whitby. The movers were great, they showed up on time, worked hard, zero damage to walls or furniture, what else can I say?

Great company.

George Etobicoke
George Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Moving

After walking through our home Alda Giardino from AMJ CAMPBELL VAN LINES provided an estimate for our move totalling $1,126 which included 3 movers and a truck for 8 hours.

The moving crew arrived on the promised day and time with 4 movers. The crew was excellant. No damage to the furniture and the vacating premises. The destination premises proved to be a lot harder to moving into especially the basement. The crew attempted to move furniture into the basement as requested but some of the furniture was just to large. As a result we had the crew put these pieces in other rooms (this was actually was a better fit ultimately).

The day was extremely hot but the movers worked diligently with minimum down time. Steve Chase was the crew's head man and the three movers on his team were very amicable and worked in unison resulting in the move taking only 7 hours.

There was no damage to any of our furniture (all the pieces were wraped in quilts or srink wrapped) and only little damage when the deep freezer was moved into the basement (considering the angle of the basement move the damage was acceptable). No damage anywhere else to the new or old homes.

I highly recommend AMJ Campbell's 6140 Vipond location to anyone. Their cost estimate was accurate, they were punctual, the time to move was accurate, and the estimated cost versus the actual cost was within $25. If moving a fully furnished 3 bedroom home I would also recommend asking for a crew of 4. And if given the option ask for Steve Chase's crew.

Job well done AMJ Campbell.

Maximus
Maximus
2 reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Moving

Move itself was OK, but the salesman had promised that when our furniture went into storage it would not be unloaded, but would be kept in the original cube. They moved it out of the cube and then reloaded onto 2 trucks for final delivery which of course caused some minor damage.

Sandra in Riverdale
Sandra in Riverdale

Moving furniture and boxed items

Fraser Thomson/D.J. Lemmon, Mar 13/09: This was a medium sized move that involved one pick-up and three drop-offs in different locations of the city. I was very impressed with the speed of the service and the care taken by the team to ensure items were not damaged and were delivered to correct locations. The job required carrying a large and heavy dresser up a narrow stairwell - the guys made it look easy! Cost was less than estimated. Well organized, pleasant, and efficient team. A friend suggested I use AMJ Campbell and I am happy I did!

Linda in Innisfil
Linda in Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

furniture movers

AMJ Campbell picked up our furniture and pre-packed boxes from our home in Toronto and stored it for one month. They delivered our belongings to our new home in Innisfil. All the boxes were placed in the basement as per our request. When it was time to unpack the boxes we noticed quite a few boxes that were clearly marked "FRAGILE" were on the bottom with four or five boxes on top. When we opened the boxes we found substantial damage. The glass fixture from our ceiling fan was crushed along with other breakables that were packed properly but could not withstand the weight of heavier boxes placed on top. Other damages were from furniture being dragged instead of carried. When we contacted AMJ Campbell we were told that as per the contract, they were not responsible because we elected to pack the boxes ourselves. However the problem was not in the packing of the boxes, rather the way the movers stacked them with no regard to the ones clearly marked FRAGILE. We are very disappointed with the movers and the lack of customer service. I believe they should advise people in advance that should you pack your own belongings, any damage done through carelessness of the movers will be at your own peril.

expat in France
expat in France

6.5/10

Moving household belongings from Toronto to France

We used AMJ Campbell to move our household goods to France last year.The contract was for packing and loading at our home in Toronto, shipment to our home in France with unloading and unpacking at the final destination.The movers in France said that we had not paid for unpacking. This was not correct but, we were left to unpack the contents ( from a 20cu ft container).Then when we opened the crate that contained our crystal chandelier,which was supposed to have been professionally packed, we found that it was broken We were particularly upset by this because we were assured by AMJ Campbell that they used specialists(rather than their usual packers) to uninstall and pack these fixtures in a special crate.Had we known it would be broken we could have dismantled it and packed ourelves.We were able to ascertain that the crate itself had not been handled roughly but,on inspecting the packaging, it seemed to be quite inadequate for the purpose of protecting the light fixture. We contacted AMJ Campbell to complain that we did not receive the service that we had paid for and,to complain about the packaging of the fixture. They replied that they used only professional specialist packers for the lights. They promised to investigate why we were not unpacked in France.Despite many follow-up emails from us, some 7 months later, we have yet to hear from them. This is very disappointing behaviour, especially as we paid $9,000 for the move.

More about Amj Campbell Toronto

AMJ Campbell is the most successful and largest moving organization in the country, offering a variety of services including specialized logistics, home delivery, shredding, warehousing and storage, all in addition to household and commercial moving, both local and long distance. For more information, please visit: www. amjtorontomoving. com. AMJ Campbell, ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Mississauga?