AMJ Campbell Toronto

AMJ Campbell Toronto

Reviews for AMJ Campbell Toronto

Bryn S
Bryn S

Slow, inexperienced, time milking movers that created a horrible experience

My wife and I have used AMJ twice. The first time in 2015 it was a great experience. The crew worked hard, they could carry a lot of stuff, the were diligent, and also friendly. Because the first time was great, we used them again in July for another household move. This time they were terrible. These guys were working in slow motion in order to bill more hours and it was so obvious that we called AMJ that morning with concerns about the crew that was sent. Our account manager assured us that all crews are qualified and ..... (insert corporate jargon here). The move was estimated at 10 hours and these guys did it in 13. They took long breaks, carried what I would call a half loads most of the time, and were so inexperienced I had to turn away several times because I thought expensive items were going to get dropped. My wife brought this up to our account manager after the move and this was escalated to someone but we never heard back from them. Clearly they don't care since they got their money and they know we wouldn't use them again anyway.

Hi Bryn,

It's great to hear you had a great first experience with us. It's extremely unfortunate your second experience did not turn out the same way. We also truly do want to assist further if at all possible. Therefore, feel free to reach out to Krystal Duz, Customer Service Support and with a little more information regarding your move, we can definitely look further into your situation.

Thank you for taking the time to write us, we do appreciate it.

Yana in Toronto
Yana in Toronto

Worst experience of my life

If i could rate it - , I would.Thanks to AMJ Campbell. I lost thousands of dollars and faith in humanity. If you do not want your move to be a complete disaster, run away from this company.
I moved with my family from Winnipeg to Toronto in July 2018, full service for packing and moving 4 BD house. The price was between the highest, after a negotiations, the company reduced the price a bit to be more competitive, it ended with $6406. Although I had better prices, AMJ Campbell convinced me to go with them. The packing day was long. Only 3 people worked although I requested 4 because I had a lot of stuff. The delivery was late in 1 day, the company offered a discount of $300 which I accepted.

The day of receiving was a complete and total disaster.
I put all my family gold, diamonds and my jewelry in home in a jewelry boxes. I was wearing on me some of the gold items, such as my wedding and engagement rings, my grandmother ring and gifts from my mother, day before I received the shipment. I used to wear those specific items every day. The day of the receiving was very long and stressful, all the jewelry were in the boxes in the house. The movers had an access to everywhere in the house and I couldn't possibly watch every step in 2-floors house. I never thought it could happen, however next morning after receiving the furniture and stuff, I couldn't find 2 jewelry boxes with most precious and priceless items, inherited gold and diamond jewelry from my mother, my Mother-in-law RIP and Grandmother RIP, my wedding and engagement rings, my mother and Mother-in-law RIP engagement and wedding rings, and gold items my husband gave me. My husband is only one child, his mother gave me her gold before she died.
I filed complain to the police. Total lost is appraised above 27000. The company takes no responsibility and is not willing to conduct any type of investigation. They just answered my question, stating that all the movers have clean criminal record, and refused to provide any supportive documentation. I had also a painter in the house at the same time, but he started to work before the moving day and continued to work another month after moving day. The jewelry went missing on the moving day. Nothing else disappeared during any other day. I am heartbroken, all the memories, all the jewelry I had form my mom, Grandmother and Mother-in-Law are gone. I don't know how to talk to my mom, she's old sick lady, she worked very hard her whole life and she gave me her jewelry to keep with me. I am ashamed to look into my husband face. Everything precious from 3 generations of my family disappeared on the moving day. It happened 2 months ago, and only now I can find a strength to talk about it. My family pain is endless, this is ruining my life. I'm not pointing fingers, those are sad facts.

The team of the movers who came with the furniture were unprofessional to say the least. They didn't wrap my wooden stairs in the house and didn't put runners at the beginning, there didn't care if they cause any damage and started to argue from the beginning. Only after me pointing out the scratch they just made on hardwood floor, they wrapped the stairs and placed the runners. The movers refused to re-assemble the furniture. The furniture was only partially wrapped. After my call to the office, they reassembled only part of the beds. The team lead, Frank, was extremely rude, he yelled at me in my house in front of my kids. How did I dare to call the office and cause him trouble. Just to be clear, re-assemble was part of the contract, I can't do it myself. This is why I hired "professionals" and payed for the service a lot of money. After an argument, I found out that my expensive Ashley furniture and things were moved 3 times from trailer to trailer, and the last small trailer was to small.

I don't know why I deserved such a horrible experience, I was very nice, calm and polite with the movers, I offered them a lunch and beverages, one of them even ate. I paid more than 6 thousands to receive a service which was below 0.

Only after few mails and phone calls, 3 days later, another team cam to assemble the furniture.

Part of the furniture and other stuff such as iron or paintings came broken and damaged. Box, rugs, desk and some few items are missing. Most of the furniture is scratched, damaged and chipped. There is a lot of damage to my king bed and king mattress, some damage to the kids beds and desks. I am upset, because all the furniture was purchase a year and half before the moving day, We purchased a new house in Winnipeg less then 2 years before the moving day, and we invested a lot in new expensive furniture and decorations. Some of the unbreakable items such as books were wrapped in a lot of paper, but other breakable items such as glasses were jammed inside small box with a lot of the paper on the top and the bottom. I guess different packers use different system to pack, or the packers were tired by the end of the long packing day and just didn't care anymore. Any ways, most of the boxes were just filled with the papers, 2 months later I'm still throwing the papers away.

To sum up, I do NOT recommend AMJ Campbell. This was the worst service experience of my life. If I went back in time, I would prefer to leave my furniture behind and not hire this company. I filed claim for all the missing and damaged items, except the jewelry. The police investigation is open, I am waiting to receive the results and considering to go to the court against the company and against the movers personally for the missing jewelry.

Hi Yana,

It seems as though you had a very poor moving experience which involved several personal items which are near and dear to you. We can't even imagine how you must feel and what it is like to go through this type of experience. It has taken some time to put words together to express our sincere apologies to you and would like to help you in any way that we can. Allow us a little more time to connect with those involved to see what we can do to assist you. Someone will be in toch with you again soon.

Thank you for writing us and sharing your experience, it is very helpful to know.

Lea & Nick, North York
Lea & Nick, North York

Amazing job !!!!

A big kudos to AMJ Campbell, especially Glen and his amazing team. What a delight they were - courteous, professional, very hard working and proficient. Moved from Toronto to Port Perry mid April. Took about 7 hours and they were working non-stop. We couldn't keep up with them!!! Nothing broken or chipped. Also had our kitchen dishes and all kitchen ware packed by a wonderful team of ladies. I could never pack dishes the way they did. Absolutely amazing!! We can't say enough about how AMJ made our stressful day more relaxed. We wouldn't hesitate for a minute to recommend them to anyone. Again, thanks to AMJ and Glen and his wonderful team. Awesome job!!!!

Hi Lea & Nick,
Thank you very much for your glowing review! We were thrilled to receive this note. We're also so glad to hear your move went so well. Our crew members do work very hard on each and every move. Wishing you all the best in your new Port Perry home!

Private User reviews Peterborough, ON

Fantastic!!!

Recently moved from Toronto to Peterborough. The AMJ team were outstanding. They were polite, courteous and very hard working. The quote provided for my move was reasonable and ended up coming in under the quoted price. I highly recommend this company. Thanks AMJ Campbell!!!!

Wow, what a great review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us, we truly appreciate it. We are also thrilled you had such a positive experience moving with AMJ Campbell. Wishing you all the best as you settle into your new home.

Terry in Barrie
Terry in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Great Move!

Was very impressed with Bruce and Crew from AMJ Campbell Barrie location. They were fast and efficient, I was nervous due to it being a winter move but the team did great! Would defiantly recommend AMJ Campbell for your next move

Thank you very much for your review Terry! We are always thrilled to read comments such as yours and appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. Hope you are settling into your new home!

Jim Peterborough in Mississauga
Jim Peterborough in Mississauga

Mayfair delivery

Very impressed with service provided by AMJ Campbell for delivery of our Wayfair dining room table. Kept us informed as to delivery time and were great unloading the table. Very efficient and courteous crew.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your review. We love reading messages such as yours and even more thrilled you had such a great experience with us! Your note will also be passed along to our crew to show our appreciation for their great service to you.

Hope you are enjoying your new dining room table!

Chandu/Kusuma Kadambari  in Mississauga
Chandu/Kusuma Kadambari in Mississauga

Two nervous Seniors move from known to unknown!

Our daughter who lives in Windsor ON was getting anxious of our welfare we were alone in Pickering ON. She found us a home and we had the anxious task of moving.
Of course the business of selling our home and buying our new home in Windsor was anything but smooth.
The only thing that happened good was AMJ. Right from the start to end they were true professionals. Absolute delight to see the way the way they conducted their business. Danny Santia our contact literally took the worry out of the move.
In simple words, thank you for taking care of us.

Hello,
Wow, what a lovely note you sent, we truly appreciate you taking the time to write us. We love reading comments such as yours and are thrilled you had such a positive move experience. This is the type of service level we strive to meet with every customer.
Thank you again and hope you are settling into your new Windsor home!

Mette in Mississauga
Mette in Mississauga

Moving

I would not recommend this company for moving abroad. Our shipment was poorly packaged and we had many things broken upon receiving them. Our dining room table was destroyed. We filled out all of their numerous requests of paperwork and quotes for replacement for insurance, just to be told 4 months later that our claim was denied as we had opted for total loss. They could have said that right away.
No customer service here for poor handling of our goods.

Hi Mette,

We would love to assist with your situation. Do you mind providing us with your registration number? This will help us look up your move details. Feel free to send them to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com or call 905-670-7111 ext.3488.

Our sincere apologies for the poor service level you feel you received, we would like to look further into this and see if there is anything we can do.

Thank you for writing us, this is a huge help for future improvement!

cara in Toronto
cara in Toronto

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Worst. Ever.

DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS. Not only did they delete my FB post about the quality of their employees but they also broke the leg off my infants changing table and never told me. They simply placed the full dresser back onto a broken leg. This is a huge safety concern as the dresser could have toppled over while she was on it. Their employees are NOT trustworthy and fully knew what they were doing. DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS.

Blah blah blah please call us to resolve but there’s no resolution or ownership of being at fault. I make sure to tell anyone looking for a mover to absolutely avoid these shady people. Can’t wait to see their fluffy company response (again).

Hi Cara,

We have attempted to look up your move details but can’t seem to find record of the issues you experienced or your file. Perhaps the move was booked under another name? If you would like to let us know the full customer name who organized the move, or provide us with a registration number, that would be the best method to allow us to look into your account. Kindly send this information to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com or call 905-670-7111 ext. 3488 so we can assist with the issues you experienced. On behalf of the whole AMJ Campbell team, I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor service you feel you received during your move and would like to make it better.

Thank you for writing us, this definitely helps us to improve and assist you any way we can!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Long distance Job well done.

So I was initially on Homestars to review a few contractors who worked on my house, but when I saw I could review my movers I felt compelled to do so.

My move was a long (sort of) distance move. I had two drivers one who loaded my furniture and one who delivered. Initially I thought the driver, Rob (whom was awesome) would be on both ends, but he sent another driver from their crew named Brandon.

My move from Ontario to Quebec went smoothly. Rob and the boys showed up at my house to load up my goods. The process could not have gone smoother. Then he sent another driver, Brandon and one of the guys from the move Sean to deliver my goods. I was extremely impressed. The crew seemed to gel extremely well. Sean was on both ends, however he seemed to remember where everything went - and him and Brandon worked really well together.

None the less, I would advise on using this company since they were on time, personable and professional. The crew also loaded and delivered in a two day period. This was not an option with other companies but they explained that they had worked it out to use two drivers. We did the same drive as the crew the night of the move and were exhausted. Brandon and Sean were energetic upon arrival and really lifted our spirits. They also had "action plans" for our more difficult pieces that we did not have a home for yet.

Hope the teams do read these reviews as I was extremely impressed on both ends, however, I could not remember everybodys names.

Hi there,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review! It brings us great joy to read comments such as yours. We can assure you we do pass on all messages/reviews to our crew to assist with praising for a job well done. "Lifting your spirits" is something we can't train but do have great crews who take it upon themselves to display these characteristics so we are so appreciative of them all. If you still have a registration number we could definitely get the full crew names for you. Feel free to send this information to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com, 905-670-7111 ext. 3488.

Appreciate your note and glad you had a great moving experience with AMJ Campbell Moving!

More about AMJ Campbell Toronto

AMJ Campbell is the most successful and largest moving organization in the country, offering a variety of services including specialized logistics, home delivery, shredding, warehousing and storage, all in addition to household and commercial moving, both local and long distance. For more information, please visit: www.amjtorontomoving.com. AMJ Campbell, #MakeYourBestMove in 2016!