Amj Campbell Toronto

Reviews for Amj Campbell Toronto

Angela  in Mississauga
Angela in Mississauga

Move across the country

I have used AMJ Campbell now for 15 years to move me across the country and back and all of my loves in between. I have never had an issue until the most recent move which across the country. Back in 2017, I moved my family across the country and all of our belongings went into an AMJ Campbell storage facility for 2 years while we waited construction of our new home. When my belongings (furniture, kitchen foods, etc) arrived at the AMJ storage facility, I received a phone call confirming that everything had arrived and was in storage and facilitated monthly storage fee payment. While the AMJ rep had me on the phone, she so cleverly sold me maximum insurance on my items in storage and promised that if any damage happened to my items, AMJ would replace the items at current market value. Fast forward 2 years and nearly $6,000 in after tax money on just insurance storage fees (that doesn’t include storage fees) my belongings come
out of storage and while thankfully most items were in great condition, there were a few broken items and furniture pieces that had missing parts and not able to be reassembled, since they had been disassembled upon my move out of my residence two years ago. On actual move on day, I also had some last minute surprises of needing to pay an additional $550 in un-crating charges. I paid for this crating and un-crating of all my marble slabs and delicate artwork and heavy mirrors upon my move out and was never told that I would have to pay for un-crating charges at my destination because my items were going into storage for some time, which they were aware of that from the beginning. So a few pieces were damaged, one of which was a set of lamps. These bedside glass lamps were packed poorly by AMJ packers and of course shattered. So I made my claim for these two lamps and when the replacement value came back, I questioned why it was so low and the claim rep advised me that I never put a claim through for the shades. Can someone please explain to me how a lamp is purposeful without the shade. She claims that because I didn’t list the lamp shade on my claim form, they aren’t responsible for replacing it!!! This is absurd. Furthermore, she only came up with that excuse bc when she went to the website of where I got the lamps from, 5 years ago, she saw that they sell the lamp base and lamp shade separately. That is clearly for no other reason than marketing tactics and making more money. Of course when you go and buy a lamp, you have to buy both pieces. That’s a given. Furthermore, because my lamp shades were packed in the same box as the lamp shade and therefore contained the same AMJ moving sticker, that automatically qualifies them as one item! I was not asked to be put into this position? I was unfortunately Put into this position as AMJ carelessly packed my expensive glass lamps. Another item on my claim was for a very large dented lamp shade. I was told that because AMJ didn’t package it properly in a box my insurance doesn’t cover it ! So essentially, it becomes my fault that AMJ didn’t do their job correctly on move out day while I was trying to sort out my family (3 little kids in tow) to move them across the country, I get penalized. I am left to believe the AMJ has been extremely dishonest and unfair in their delivery of their side of the deal after taking my $6,000 in after tax dollars on insurance fees. I was reassured that having this insurance in place would ease the process should anything go wrong. I even pre paid to have the un-packers unpack everything to ensure that if anything was broken, it would be covered! This has not been the case at all! I am an honest and good citizen. I paid my part in ensuring my items were covered and now AMJ is looking for every possible angle to essentially get out of pulling through on their end of the deal...replacing all of my claimed items reported within the 60 day grace period. I have a table that got cracked and it comes with a marble slab on top. I am awaiting for in house inspection of that item and am very worried for the outcome. I also had a rowing machine that was taken apart by the movers on move out day. On move in day, no one wanted to re-assemble it. I put it on the claim as there were missing parts as well and AMJ came back saying I didn’t sign any contract or pay any additional fee to have my items disassembled and reassembled. So why did they so freely take its part in the first place without my consent? Why did they take part all of my beds and many furniture pieces and put them together without any consent. In all of my moves with AMJ Campbell, I have never once been asked to purchase a disassembly and assembly package. All of my furniture has always been taken apart to easily put it in their Tetris organized trucks and then re- assembled upon delivery. As you can see, AMJ has been nothing but a nuisance and Quite frankly has taken my $6,000 after tax dollars and doing everything possible to get out of their end of the deal. You can bet my life, I will never in a million years be giving them another dollar of mine for any of my personal or corporate moves, going forward. I have done all the right things to protect myself, which included laying a ton of money. Their insurance representative doesn’t even care. She has no interest in assisting me and gIves me the same run around response each time we speak. She is useless and Doesn’t have any customer service manners.
I have been under immense stress over this and the whole reason I accepted the insurance coverage was to avoid this stress.

Hi, Angela Thank you for the detailed review and for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologize in advance if your experience has been less than what we intended, and can assure you that your concerns are taken seriously. We will begin a process to review and resolve your concern immediately and should you have any additional information that you would like to provide, please send directly to me at customercommunications@amjcampbell.com

Many thanks, Charlotte

Rafael
Rafael
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Moving process

The crew was great! James, Gordy and Nathaniel were very friendly and professional
They wwre very careful handling our stuff, they were punctual so we were very satisfied with the service

Hi Rafael!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We're pleased to hear about your experience with us and hope to see you soon. - Charlotte

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Residential move from Ontario to BC

From the Relocation Consultant, to the packer, to the team who packed up our home and transported it to BC, the experience was wholly positive. They were all very professional, friendly, courteous and considerate of our belongings. Everything was wrapped carefully and arrived in good shape - absolutely no breakages!! The transportation took a little longer than I had hoped as we were the first load on the truck and had to wait for some other pick-ups before they made their way out west. I would very definitely recommend them to anyone.

Hi There,

A 10 star review, that is so great to see! Thanks so much for all of your kind words. We would love to pass along your note to our crew to acknowledge their job well done. If you are interested, kindly send your move registration number along with your name to: Krystal Duz - kduz@amjcampbell.com.

Thank you again and we hope all is going well in your new home in BC!

Rd in Brampton
Rd in Brampton

Long Distance Relocation Move (700km)

I would not hesitate to recommend AMJ Campbell - I would give them a 9.5 rating. An extremely professional and knowledgeable organization - starting with the receptionist who quickly respondedto my initial email to everyone else I spoke with.

I truly appreciated the thoroughness of CB who came to my home and went through everything - room by room - closet by closet. I found his estimateto be acceptable and was beyond pleased to finf that he had overestimated the weight - a very pleasant surprise.

AMJ also arranged to have a wooden crate built for a piece of valuable art - shocked to find that they use the same company for this as the ROM and AGO.

The movers were extremely efficient and had a three bedroom home packed up before I could blink an eye.

The only reason for my 9.5 rating is one item that was damagedin transit. However, upon CB’s recommendation - I did purchase the insurance. My claim was processed in lightning speed.

I would not hesitate to recommend AMJ for a local or long-distance move.

Hi There,

Wow, thank you so much for your great review! We are thrilled to hear how every step we took was done well, this is what we aim to do every time! I do apologize for the slight damage you experienced but I'm glad to hear the matter was addressed and resolved efficiently.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on our services!

Hope you are all settled in your new home.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Residential Move

Steve &his team ( Matt, Oniko, & Davian) were "outstanding"! We appreciate all the hard work they put into helping us transition into our new home. They worked incredibly hard, taking great care with all of our belongings. As well, as being a fantastic crew that were a pleasure spending the day with! We truly appreciate the dedication placed into this move, and would highly recommend this team! A big thank you to everyone!

Wow, what a great review for us to read! Thanks so much for your feedback. We will for sure pass along your note to Steve and his team.
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Happy settling into your new home.

NS
NS

damaged my sofa and arrived late

Delivered couch for Urban Barn purchase arrived late (over 3 hours past estimated time) and damaged the couch- fabric ripped and arm dented. Extremely frustrating and aggravating experience. Now I have to chase to get this addressed. Not recommended.

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear about your situation with your delivery service. We are more than happy to assist you! However, we are just having some difficulty looking up your delivery. If you wouldn't mind sending your name and order number to the following personnel, that would be great: Krystal Duz, Customer Service Support, kduz@amjcampbell.com or by calling 905-670-7111.

Thank you for the feedback, this is very helpful.

Jonathan in Hamilton
Jonathan in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Winter Move

Very professional and very efficient. Moved during a winter storm in February and the team was very diligent and respectful of property. Would highly recommend them for any move and would gladly use again.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks so much for writing us; it's so thrilling to hear about your positive experience while moving with AMJ Campbell! Hope you are all settled in your new home now.

Enjoy your day!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Terrible Service and damaged items

I would never use this company again. they damaged an antique table, dropped a stack of boxes. Repeated efforts to speak to someone in management resulted in absolutely nothing. terrible customer service. Ran the hours up, did not do as they promised they would. For sure go elsewhere when choosing a mover.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not the level of service we typically provide. We do want to thank you for reaching out to our management team to try and resolve. This truly does educate us and take each experience as a learning opportunity to improve our services for our customers. Thank you for taking the time to write us.

Bryn S
Bryn S

Slow, inexperienced, time milking movers that created a horrible experience

My wife and I have used AMJ twice. The first time in 2015 it was a great experience. The crew worked hard, they could carry a lot of stuff, the were diligent, and also friendly. Because the first time was great, we used them again in July for another household move. This time they were terrible. These guys were working in slow motion in order to bill more hours and it was so obvious that we called AMJ that morning with concerns about the crew that was sent. Our account manager assured us that all crews are qualified and ..... (insert corporate jargon here). The move was estimated at 10 hours and these guys did it in 13. They took long breaks, carried what I would call a half loads most of the time, and were so inexperienced I had to turn away several times because I thought expensive items were going to get dropped. My wife brought this up to our account manager after the move and this was escalated to someone but we never heard back from them. Clearly they don't care since they got their money and they know we wouldn't use them again anyway.

Hi Bryn,

It's great to hear you had a great first experience with us. It's extremely unfortunate your second experience did not turn out the same way. We also truly do want to assist further if at all possible. Therefore, feel free to reach out to Krystal Duz, Customer Service Support and with a little more information regarding your move, we can definitely look further into your situation.

Thank you for taking the time to write us, we do appreciate it.

Yana in Toronto
Yana in Toronto

Worst experience of my life

If i could rate it - , I would.Thanks to AMJ Campbell. I lost thousands of dollars and faith in humanity. If you do not want your move to be a complete disaster, run away from this company.
I moved with my family from Winnipeg to Toronto in July 2018, full service for packing and moving 4 BD house. The price was between the highest, after a negotiations, the company reduced the price a bit to be more competitive, it ended with $6406. Although I had better prices, AMJ Campbell convinced me to go with them. The packing day was long. Only 3 people worked although I requested 4 because I had a lot of stuff. The delivery was late in 1 day, the company offered a discount of $300 which I accepted.

The day of receiving was a complete and total disaster.
I put all my family gold, diamonds and my jewelry in home in a jewelry boxes. I was wearing on me some of the gold items, such as my wedding and engagement rings, my grandmother ring and gifts from my mother, day before I received the shipment. I used to wear those specific items every day. The day of the receiving was very long and stressful, all the jewelry were in the boxes in the house. The movers had an access to everywhere in the house and I couldn't possibly watch every step in 2-floors house. I never thought it could happen, however next morning after receiving the furniture and stuff, I couldn't find 2 jewelry boxes with most precious and priceless items, inherited gold and diamond jewelry from my mother, my Mother-in-law RIP and Grandmother RIP, my wedding and engagement rings, my mother and Mother-in-law RIP engagement and wedding rings, and gold items my husband gave me. My husband is only one child, his mother gave me her gold before she died.
I filed complain to the police. Total lost is appraised above 27000. The company takes no responsibility and is not willing to conduct any type of investigation. They just answered my question, stating that all the movers have clean criminal record, and refused to provide any supportive documentation. I had also a painter in the house at the same time, but he started to work before the moving day and continued to work another month after moving day. The jewelry went missing on the moving day. Nothing else disappeared during any other day. I am heartbroken, all the memories, all the jewelry I had form my mom, Grandmother and Mother-in-Law are gone. I don't know how to talk to my mom, she's old sick lady, she worked very hard her whole life and she gave me her jewelry to keep with me. I am ashamed to look into my husband face. Everything precious from 3 generations of my family disappeared on the moving day. It happened 2 months ago, and only now I can find a strength to talk about it. My family pain is endless, this is ruining my life. I'm not pointing fingers, those are sad facts.

The team of the movers who came with the furniture were unprofessional to say the least. They didn't wrap my wooden stairs in the house and didn't put runners at the beginning, there didn't care if they cause any damage and started to argue from the beginning. Only after me pointing out the scratch they just made on hardwood floor, they wrapped the stairs and placed the runners. The movers refused to re-assemble the furniture. The furniture was only partially wrapped. After my call to the office, they reassembled only part of the beds. The team lead, Frank, was extremely rude, he yelled at me in my house in front of my kids. How did I dare to call the office and cause him trouble. Just to be clear, re-assemble was part of the contract, I can't do it myself. This is why I hired "professionals" and payed for the service a lot of money. After an argument, I found out that my expensive Ashley furniture and things were moved 3 times from trailer to trailer, and the last small trailer was to small.

I don't know why I deserved such a horrible experience, I was very nice, calm and polite with the movers, I offered them a lunch and beverages, one of them even ate. I paid more than 6 thousands to receive a service which was below 0.

Only after few mails and phone calls, 3 days later, another team cam to assemble the furniture.

Part of the furniture and other stuff such as iron or paintings came broken and damaged. Box, rugs, desk and some few items are missing. Most of the furniture is scratched, damaged and chipped. There is a lot of damage to my king bed and king mattress, some damage to the kids beds and desks. I am upset, because all the furniture was purchase a year and half before the moving day, We purchased a new house in Winnipeg less then 2 years before the moving day, and we invested a lot in new expensive furniture and decorations. Some of the unbreakable items such as books were wrapped in a lot of paper, but other breakable items such as glasses were jammed inside small box with a lot of the paper on the top and the bottom. I guess different packers use different system to pack, or the packers were tired by the end of the long packing day and just didn't care anymore. Any ways, most of the boxes were just filled with the papers, 2 months later I'm still throwing the papers away.

To sum up, I do NOT recommend AMJ Campbell. This was the worst service experience of my life. If I went back in time, I would prefer to leave my furniture behind and not hire this company. I filed claim for all the missing and damaged items, except the jewelry. The police investigation is open, I am waiting to receive the results and considering to go to the court against the company and against the movers personally for the missing jewelry.

Hi Yana,

It seems as though you had a very poor moving experience which involved several personal items which are near and dear to you. We can't even imagine how you must feel and what it is like to go through this type of experience. It has taken some time to put words together to express our sincere apologies to you and would like to help you in any way that we can. Allow us a little more time to connect with those involved to see what we can do to assist you. Someone will be in toch with you again soon.

Thank you for writing us and sharing your experience, it is very helpful to know.

More about Amj Campbell Toronto

AMJ Campbell is the most successful and largest moving organization in the country, offering a variety of services including specialized logistics, home delivery, shredding, warehousing and storage, all in addition to household and commercial moving, both local and long distance. For more information, please visit: www. amjcampbell. com. #MakeYourBestMove
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Mississauga?