Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Reviews for Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Cracked Driveway in Brampton
Cracked Driveway in Brampton

Frech curbs, paved driveway and poured concrete walkway

I hired stone-ridge to remove the old paved driveway, install a new paved drive way along with French curbs and pour a concrete walkway in the Spring of 2017. The crew including Frank and Sal were very professional and did an excellent job, on time, very polite and respectful etc.. however, after three months the driveway became cracked in several places and the front walkway concrete develop a crack from one side to the other. I have sent several emails and texts including photos, have spoken with Frank and Sal and the office several times since. At first Frank said to leave it with him over winter and he would take a look in the Spring. Spring and Summer are long gone and still not response. I have sent a letter recently, hopefully I will hear back soon. The cracks in the driveway are getting worse and will get worse during the coming winder.

Driveway and concrete curbs

Hired stone ridge to repave our driveway and do concrete curbs and walkways. Marcello, Sal and his crew were great, very professional and easy to deal with. Great quality workmanship. Overall we are very happy with our new driveway and walkways. Thanks Stoneridge!

decco in Brampton
decco in Brampton

Concrete curbs crumbling

I had written an earlier review about the paving disappointment I have with an unacceptable patch job where an acorn popped thru and noticing other spots where safe to assume the paving was put on too thin. Now are a couple of 2 short years the concrete curbs are flaking apart. I emailed Stone Ridge and as per their record never heard back. It disappointing you put so much money into what you hope would be an enhancement on the looks of your home only too come away disappointed. I would not recommend using this coming for any of your paving, concrete or interlocking work … you too will be disappointed.

Chelban
Chelban

Driveway Repaving, Walkway including Steps

Hired Stone-Ridge Paving to do some work in the front of my home, this included the driveway repave, walkway and steps.
During the excavation, the workers damaged the brick work at the front of my house, and then (Sal) the owner charged me $50 to parge the wall, something that wouldn’t of need repair if they had not of damaged it.
The cement and steps were done on July 07/2018, and the very next day, the cement workers came by to remove the framing. They damaged the new concrete and said when they do the neighbor’s, they will fix it. They also damaged the existing concrete at the side of the house.
When they worked on my neighbor’s project, the workers, walked across my grass with the new cement on their shoes, and stained my newly finished work. They also jammed the framing boards on my sprinkler head, which now has to be replaced. The steps that they did were also not level. I addressed this with Marchello, the sales rep. he said that is supposed to be slanted for drainage. When he came to my home, Marchello addressed that the water is seeping into the foundation of my home from my previous steps, and that he recommends that I have it repaired, ONLY for them to make the new steps slanted as well, when I addressed this he stated that it has to be for drainage. The stairs also has a white patch on it, I also address this with the team, and they said they will touch up the area, and fix the chunk of cement missing on the curb at the bottom of the driveway, not to mention the extensive damage that they did on the cities curb.
They also left an exposed screw in the wall, I have attached pictures of the quality of work,
They have been paid in full, and it is now August 17/2018, they have not returned to finish the touch ups.
I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone.
Poor quality and poor service.

Concrete and paving

StoneRidge paving My driveway is all cracked and the Concrete was never finished
we call and call and they just keep putting me off
does anybody know how I could get help
and it’s only 10 months old now but I have been calling them since March it was only six months old when the driveway cracked the concrete was never finished from the beginning I was away on holidays they came they did the job and they rushed it
and people have got hurt on the concrete it they rush the job

Tony in Brampton
Tony in Brampton

Driveway paving

Stone Ridge did an excellent job repaving my driveway.Staff were very professional ,helpful and friendly. Thanks to Sal and his crew for a job well done and supplying instruction sheet and explaining the curing period and what to avoid to prevent damage to the newly paved surface.Well organized from first day of preparation to completion of job.Notified the day prior of time period for paving about 4 weeks after removing old surface and refilling with gravel.
Thanks Stone Ridge.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Driveway pavements

I didn't ask to do the project. But I'm extremely not happy that they began working at 7ish in early morning in a quiet residential area. Who do you think you are seriously? You are waking up the entire neighborhood...

C.A. Brampton
C.A. Brampton

Driveway paving and walkway

Two years ago, my parents who are seniors, needed their driveway repaved and walkway redone. Stone Ridge's work looks fairly good. However, there was a large gap left between the driveway and the grass, which does diminish the aesthetics.
The biggest issues was with the walkway. They did not advise on the design and created two steps that are around 8 inches high with the first step being at the beginning making it even more difficult to take. While the walkway may look good, it has rendered it useless for seniors with walking issues to handle alone.

The worst was their attitude. They never discussed the design and when my mother objected she was outrightly dismissed. They cut the wiring to the outside light and when I called to complain they said that is what happens and not their fault, nor would they fix it and then proceeded to complain about Rogers' cables and how they often cut them because of the way they are placed. While Stone Ridge's work may look good, they don't care about making it useful or pleasing to the customer. In fact, the previous broken walkway was more user friendly and beneficial. I would not recommend these contractors.

They company responded that they received approval from the 'husband' on this job - my father was incapable of giving approval during this time. This is completely false.

We are terribly sorry that the customer may feel this way but this customer was advised when the concrete was prepared that we overdig the area to allow room for the forms so that the proper size of the concrete area can be laid. They were also advised that they are responsible for the restoration of the area. It is our policy that before any concrete is poured the customer approves the design as concrete cannot be changed afterwards. We did obtain approval from the husband on this job. Unfortunately, we had to remove existing concrete and the electrical wire was embedded in the concrete. Therefore, it was inevitable for the wire to break.

New curbs and Driveway

Great job!
The owner was in the job every day and was approachable and very much a perfectionist
They did a very nice job on the concrete curbs and used high quality asphalt on the driveway and fid not skimp on the asphalt material
Very happy

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

The worst paving job and experience I've ever seen

I had put my trust into having Stoneridge to pave my driveway. At first they are friendly and responsive till they get their money. One piece of advice pay as little possible up front and don't pay in full when done and hold off for a week as you watch their workmanship show thru. If u look at the work when done chances are you will notice how soft it is and how small things maybe start poking thru. When prompted for a reply from them and or help they just put you off till you give up and walk away unsatisfied.

Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Peel?