Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Interlocking Stone
230 Sandlewood Pkwy Brampton ON L6Z 1N1
HomeStars  >  Interlocking Stone in Peel  >  Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Reviews for Stone Ridge Paving & Interlocking Ltd

Gate in Bowmanville
Gate in Bowmanville

Driveway Repaving, Walkway including Steps

Hired Stone-Ridge Paving to do some work in the front of my home, this included the driveway repave, walkway and steps.
During the excavation, the workers damaged the brick work at the front of my house, and then (Sal) the owner charged me $50 to parge the wall, something that wouldn’t of need repair if they had not of damaged it.
The cement and steps were done on July 07/2018, and the very next day, the cement workers came by to remove the framing. They damaged the new concrete and said when they do the neighbor’s, they will fix it. They also damaged the existing concrete at the side of the house.
When they worked on my neighbor’s project, the workers, walked across my grass with the new cement on their shoes, and stained my newly finished work. They also jammed the framing boards on my sprinkler head, which now has to be replaced. The steps that they did were also not level. I addressed this with Marchello, the sales rep. he said that is supposed to be slanted for drainage. When he came to my home, Marchello addressed that the water is seeping into the foundation of my home from my previous steps, and that he recommends that I have it repaired, ONLY for them to make the new steps slanted as well, when I addressed this he stated that it has to be for drainage. The stairs also has a white patch on it, I also address this with the team, and they said they will touch up the area, and fix the chunk of cement missing on the curb at the bottom of the driveway, not to mention the extensive damage that they did on the cities curb.
They also left an exposed screw in the wall, I have attached pictures of the quality of work,
They have been paid in full, and it is now August 17/2018, they have not returned to finish the touch ups.
I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone.
Poor quality and poor service.

Concrete and paving

StoneRidge paving My driveway is all cracked and the Concrete was never finished
we call and call and they just keep putting me off
does anybody know how I could get help
and it’s only 10 months old now but I have been calling them since March it was only six months old when the driveway cracked the concrete was never finished from the beginning I was away on holidays they came they did the job and they rushed it
and people have got hurt on the concrete it they rush the job

Tony in Brampton
Tony in Brampton

Driveway paving

Stone Ridge did an excellent job repaving my driveway.Staff were very professional ,helpful and friendly. Thanks to Sal and his crew for a job well done and supplying instruction sheet and explaining the curing period and what to avoid to prevent damage to the newly paved surface.Well organized from first day of preparation to completion of job.Notified the day prior of time period for paving about 4 weeks after removing old surface and refilling with gravel.
Thanks Stone Ridge.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Driveway pavements

I didn't ask to do the project. But I'm extremely not happy that they began working at 7ish in early morning in a quiet residential area. Who do you think you are seriously? You are waking up the entire neighborhood...

C.A. Brampton
C.A. Brampton

Driveway paving and walkway

Two years ago, my parents who are seniors, needed their driveway repaved and walkway redone. Stone Ridge's work looks fairly good. However, there was a large gap left between the driveway and the grass, which does diminish the aesthetics.
The biggest issues was with the walkway. They did not advise on the design and created two steps that are around 8 inches high with the first step being at the beginning making it even more difficult to take. While the walkway may look good, it has rendered it useless for seniors with walking issues to handle alone.

The worst was their attitude. They never discussed the design and when my mother objected she was outrightly dismissed. They cut the wiring to the outside light and when I called to complain they said that is what happens and not their fault, nor would they fix it and then proceeded to complain about Rogers' cables and how they often cut them because of the way they are placed. While Stone Ridge's work may look good, they don't care about making it useful or pleasing to the customer. In fact, the previous broken walkway was more user friendly and beneficial. I would not recommend these contractors.

They company responded that they received approval from the 'husband' on this job - my father was incapable of giving approval during this time. This is completely false.

We are terribly sorry that the customer may feel this way but this customer was advised when the concrete was prepared that we overdig the area to allow room for the forms so that the proper size of the concrete area can be laid. They were also advised that they are responsible for the restoration of the area. It is our policy that before any concrete is poured the customer approves the design as concrete cannot be changed afterwards. We did obtain approval from the husband on this job. Unfortunately, we had to remove existing concrete and the electrical wire was embedded in the concrete. Therefore, it was inevitable for the wire to break.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

New curbs and Driveway

Great job!
The owner was in the job every day and was approachable and very much a perfectionist
They did a very nice job on the concrete curbs and used high quality asphalt on the driveway and fid not skimp on the asphalt material
Very happy

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

The worst paving job and experience I've ever seen

I had put my trust into having Stoneridge to pave my driveway. At first they are friendly and responsive till they get their money. One piece of advice pay as little possible up front and don't pay in full when done and hold off for a week as you watch their workmanship show thru. If u look at the work when done chances are you will notice how soft it is and how small things maybe start poking thru. When prompted for a reply from them and or help they just put you off till you give up and walk away unsatisfied.

Britannia in Brampton
Britannia in Brampton

New driveway and curbs

Stone Ridge Paving did an awesome job for me. From asphalt removal to new driveway complete with French hand crafted curbs.
The crew showed up when they said they would, communicating every step of the way. Also had pads poured leading up to the front door and the other side of the driveway. All constructed exactly to plan. Amazing to watch the crew form the concrete French curbs by hand and as straight as a die.
Thank you Sal and the crew.

Rd in Brampton
Rd in Brampton

Curbs and paving

I recently had curbs and paving done by Stoneridge and am very pleased with the results. While driving in Brampton I saw some curbs at a random house and stopped to ask the owner who did them. He recommended Stoneridge.

When M. came to give me the estimate, I had a very vague idea of what I wanted - beveled curbs, new stairs, and a concrete pad. His design was exactly what I wanted.

S. arrived on the excavation day and in no time my old driveway was gone and the area excavated for the curbs. On framing day I was not at home, but I did receive a call from Sal that the design would be a bit different due to the need for a second step. Not a problem, because I knew I was in expert hands. I just want to add that I was pleased they excavated deeply.

Concrete pouring day I was out of town - although I like to be present it was just not possible that day. Again I was not concerned because I knew I was in good hands with Stone Ridge.

The curbs, stairs and pad were better than I anticipated. Paving day came and S. and his crew came, paved, and everything was beautifully levelled off. I want to add that there was nothing to clean up after. Driveway looked great.

I was out of town the day after and just got back. Speaking with a neighbour this morning she said at least 20 cars stopped yesterday to take a look. No sooner had she said this, I was taking down the construction tape and Stoneridge sign when a guy stopped his car and asked if he could take a look. This afternoon I was going out, opened the garage door, and there was a man from a competing company - he was doing a job around the corner - he asked me who did the driveway, and even he commented that they did a very good job.

The concrete work was challenging this year because several neighbours tried to get together to get the job done. I decided to go rogue and am very glad I did. A job like this requires professionals who know what they are doing. Joe Concrete Pourer working out of the back of his pickup truck is not going to do a good job. Two very old men with a pick and shovel trying to dig up sod cannot possibly dig down deep enough. Pouring concrete in the rain will not get you a good result. I didn't know it until I saw my neighbours' work but apparently there are different grades of concrete - Stoneridge uses a very high grade. Stoneridge framers are able to frame in a straight line.

Ok so I guess I have written my 30 words - a little lengthy perhaps but because I have seen the poor quality work done by the people with little experience, I do want homeowners to realize what a good job they did for me and that they are truly professionals

Gary from Brampton
Gary from Brampton

Paved Driveway

This the first review I have ever done on a company and I hope it's
the last one.I had my driveway done last October2016 and there are cracks everywhere. Phone calls I get the run around just like past reviews mentioned.Well you learn from your mistakes.
In my case they are good at doing curbs but driveways there not. Sad!