Rest-Con Services

Reviews for Rest-Con Services

M from Ottawa
M from Ottawa

Rest-Con Services

This contractor has successfully completed several projects for me at both my commercial and residential properties. Not only am I very satisfied with the work that was done, but my renovations were on-schedule and my home renovations came in under-budget. Great work!!

JJ from Ottawa
JJ from Ottawa

BASEMENT

The contractor just stopped showing up and when I called him he made up excuses about his son being injured and his sister being ill. He hadn't paid the electrician for the work done so far so I paid the electrician and managed to get him to come back and finish the work. Then I had to pay the flooring company and collect the flooring and get the fireplace guy to come back and finish installing the fire place. The fire place guy said he always got paid upfront by this contractor so that wasn't a problem. It ended up that the contractor owed me $2000-3000 given that I hadn't paid him everything when he disappaered. I figured I'd never get any money out of him so I made a deal for his carpenter to work for me at $300 a day and that worked for a while but then the contractor said he was charging me $73/hour for his carpenter ($600 a day !) so I called a halt to it all. I think I got out of it ok but I would never let this contractor do anything for me or anyone I know again.

Misty Dou in Ottawa
Misty Dou in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Had our basement finished.

We had our dream basement renovation turned into a nightmare. The work took ten times longer to complete than the owner had told us. We had to hound him to get it finished at all. The employees arrived late and left early. The contractor himself was rarely around.

Worst of all, after we had paid him the complete cost, we found out that he had not paid the electrician, painter etc and they took a lean out against our house that we ended up having to pay. In my opinion, he took our money.

It is my honest opinion that this is the worst possible company you could go with. Check their BBB rating ... It's an F.