We were disappointed with our granite kitchen countertops. The sink opening was an inch off-centre from the sink cabinet. The faucet hole drilled on-site was off-centre from the sink opening. A one foot section of the edge (we had a simple square edge) had a clear white seamline (our granite is dark brown). The polishing of the edges in general was not uniformly smooth and shiny. We immediately called after the installers (Pablo and another son) left to complain about the white seamline on the edge. The other issues we didn't notice until later. Juan (the father and owner) said someone will come to do a touch up in a couple of days. He first commented that we should have inspected the countertops before the installers left. Well, it's difficult to notice everything right away especially if you're not sure what you're looking for. Also, you need to decide if you can live with the imperfections. That was an unprofessional comment. No one called or came after a couple of days so we called and left a message. Pablo did return my call to say they were really busy but will definitely come over by this Friday at latest. They did send someone over to try to fix the white line but could only improve it slightly. Guess we will live with the imperfections. Just not happy about it.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Improve finishing and polishing of edges. Improve standards on finished product before taking it out to customers' site or allow customer to inspect the finished product at the work shop before installation.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Make sure you get to inspect your finished countertops before they come to your home to be installed. Inspect carefully during and after installation.
- Company Response
Thank you for your feedback.