Trevi Pools Inc

Reviews for Trevi Pools Inc

Patrizia in Calgary
Patrizia in Calgary

In-ground Pool Construction and Concrete and Artificial Turf Installation

I never do internet reviews, in fact I've only done one other internet review in my life, but I would be remiss if I didn't do a review for Trevi Pools and Spas Calgary due to their beyond outstanding customer service, quality construction/products and professionalism they provided to us. I would unequivocally recommend Trevi Pools and Spas to anyone looking for a hot tub, swim spa, above ground pool, half in ground or in ground pool (or related services such as artificial turfs, waterfalls, concrete, outdoor kitchens, sheds etc).

Upon the strong recommendation of my long time, good friend and realtor Tracy Hryhoruk of ReMax iRealty Innovations in Calgary, I proceeded to contact Jesse Piteau, one of the owners of Trevi Pools Calgary. At the onset, I had a significant number of questions for Jesse given that I had no knowledge or experience whatsoever regarding pools or swim spas. Jesse was patient with my many questions, and he was very honest and informative in our preliminary conversations and correspondence. Jesse was forthright and candid in his assessment of what was doable and advisable versus what would not be prudent from a home owner perspective (which I greatly appreciated). At the time I had also spoken to one of Trevi's competitors and ended up being deceived by them about a swim spa and so I then realized what my realtor Tracy had said all along is that the only game in town for pools and swim spas is Trevi.

From the very onset of the project Jesse was very accommodating to my particular requests and vision for the space, and very importantly agile when I made a few changes. Jesse was always very prompt in his replies either by text, email or phone which I greatly appreciated given the significant investment of doing an inground pool, extensive concrete and artificial turf (we will be ordering a shed from Jesse next spring). Dealing directly with Jesse being Trevi ownership gave me the utmost confidence in the decision making process and building process.

The day before excavation day we met with both Jesse and his business partner Paul Tallon. Having great synergy with each other and like minded in their work ethic and attention to details, one can see why they have been so successful in business together for many years.

From the beginning of the project to the end I was beyond impressed by everything (which says volumes given my exceptionally high standards), the quality, timeliness, organization, cleanliness and the people. A few of my neighbors actually commented on how organized, clean, and responsive all the Trevi staff were. Ty and Scott were at my home every day of the project, two of the nicest and hard working young guys one could meet. The other Trevi staff that assisted throughout were fantastic including Omar, Cody and James, and then Beau and Randy who did a spectacular job with the concrete pads and borders on multiple levels. Sonja, the office manager was delightful to deal with, and Chloe who I met on pool completion day patiently took me through how to clean and care for my pool, and then returned to show me again as I had forgotten how to use the pump to clean the pool cover. Chloe is lovely and having worked for Jesse and Paul for ten years she is very experienced and knowledgeable. Jesse and Paul treat their staff like gold, and so the whole team is like a family that has worked together for many years. It's obvious to any external observer that they love what they do and that they really enjoy working together.

Noteworthy during the process is that Jesse offered to have some of his guys clean up and dump a different contractor's mess that was taking up some of my back alley space and an eyesore for my back alley neighbours. I initially was too shy to accept the offer since the mess had nothing to do with Trevi and so I declined, but then one Saturday night I had enough of the mess and texted Jesse for help and within one hour that Saturday night 3 of Jesse's guys showed up to take everything away to the dump for me (Ty, Scott and Omar).

Jesse, Paul, Ty, Scott and the rest of the team turned my backyard into what looks like a resort in Palm Springs, California. The in ground pool, the artificial turf and the levels of concrete are all a vision of perfection. Everything turned out even more beautiful than my best hopes and dreams. My only regret is that I didn't call Trevi 8 years ago when we first moved into our house! Endless thanks to Jesse, Paul, Ty, Scott and everyone else at Trevi for making our dreams come true! Trevi sets the high watermark for business in Alberta, they are definitely one of the best companies, if not the best company I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Here we go again!!

After a month and a half waiting for installation of a pool with gas heater, gas pipe line done, heater does not work , calling Trevi is a pain, nobody answer. trying to see after placing a service call when they are going to come to be able to fix the heater. It is September 10th 2020, we bought the pool in March 2020, summer is gone already so we are hopping to fix the heater before 2021, what do you think ?
Please read all the contract and ask all the questions before buying, they had to work hard before me recommending them to a friend or family.

Martin
Martin
0 reviews Laval,

Delivery

Paid in full for an above-ground pool. One month after the deadline I still do not have the pool installed. I called, left messages, stays hours (yes hours) on hold, nobody cares. DO NOT BUY EVER AT TREVI.

Vero
Vero
0 reviews Longueuil,

Zero service, zero quality

Purchased a swim spa that arrived with control panels that didn't work and the pumps/motors were all rusted. The supervisor at the call centre does not return calls or emails. They just send transfer me from one department to the next and no one helps. Here is an idea of what was inside our so-called new spa.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Pools

Others Reviewing, might want to make sure they are reviewing the correct place before submitting bad ratings to good companies. Trevi in Calgary is fabulous. Great team of staff there. If you are looking for a pool in Calgary, Look no further than the team at Trevi!

King in Verdun
King in Verdun
2 reviews Montreal,

Never ever buy a large item from Trevi

Just look at the other reviews and you will understand that I am not alone in thinking that this is a horrible company.
Avoid TREVI like the plague for big ticket items. Here is my experience on an item (pool heat pump) that costs over 6,000$.
First, the salesman never explained to me that I would have to put a 220 V outlet. My previous heat pump one did not require one. The cost because of how far the electric box was reached 2500$. At installation time, they removed the old heat pump but would not take it away: I had to arrange for this! Since the old pump's base had tilted over the years I could not adjust the base until the old pump was removed. They did not give me time to make that adjustment and installed the new one "tilted". I could not believe it and begged them to adjust it: to no avail.
I then called Trevi and here is what I was told verbatim: "Le client est responsable de signifier son insatisfaction, après l'installation. Translated: The client is responsible to signify his dissatisfaction only after installation"!! They absolutely refused that the 2 workers spend any time levelling the heat pump.
I later on hired a person to level it, as the pipes were short and stiff and I risked breaking them. It took him 5 minutes: no charge.
The so-called quiet heat pump as I was assured turned out to be very noisy. Thanks, Trevi. Too late to return.
Will I ever buy anything from Trevi? No way. Beware, go somewhere else. I myself run a small high-tech corporation and if I ran it like Trevi, I would have been bankrupt by now.

Private User reviews Montréal,

Above ground Pool

Worst customer service. it took about 4 weeks for them to send a technician...i accepted the estimate and paid in full, they gave an appointment for end of june. Not one call so far to confirm exact date, i called them today and was transferred to a company they hired to do the job, left voicemail and so far nothing....they asked you to pay in full...i have never experienced such bad customer service....if you can find another company go for it, i do not recommend trevi....

Pi$$ed in Lorraine
Pi$$ed in Lorraine
1 review Lorraine,

Terrible service

Had a new liner installes by Trevi in June 2017.... There's a line/fold of about 3 feet long.... Its October 2018.... After a series of emails, phone calls - still no technicians ti come see. If i give them a star on this rating it would only be for their false promises...

wael in Montréal
wael in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

Don't trust Trevi

I asked them to send a person to check the pool pipes and paid for the first visit on the spot. I had to wait for almost a month for a person to call me to give me the appointement. When they came thay informed me that they do not deal with in-groud swimming pools!!! I got a refund a few days later but summer is gone if I have to wait for another month thanks to Trevi! Avoid please....

JosieMags  in Saint-Hubert
JosieMags in Saint-Hubert
1 review Longueuil,

Stay away from Trevi!

Worst customer service especially after sale service. Nothing but delays, excuses and tons of headaches. Don’t respect their word, commitment or appointments! Bought a semi inground pool early June. Promised me delivery for end of June and installation completed within 2 weeks. Pool was finally installed and finished last week! First week of August. No apologies or updates provided. They don’t believe in customer satisfaction. Once the sale is final and contract is signed, you’re insignificant. Stay away!