HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Vaughan  >  Abbeywood Moving & Storage Inc

Reviews for Abbeywood Moving & Storage Inc

willieandbobby
willieandbobby

moving service

The move from house to condo went efficiently and smoothly. The initial assessment and estimate by their moving consultant Judy Webb regarding timing, weight and cost ended up being very accurate.
Four men with a large moving van appeared at the appointed time and moved everything very diligently and carefully. They also complied with our requests and provided additional help where needed.
Judy acted like our own personal concierge addressing all our concerns in a prompt and professional manner.

arteva
arteva

Moving of househoild effects from Scarborough to St. Catherines

The service provided was the moving of our daughters furnishings from Scarborough to St. Catheraine Ont. We were very pleased
with every aspect of the move. The movers were very polite and co-operative. We certainly will use Abbeywood again when the
need arises.

Thank you for your awesome review. We do our best to make every move the perfect move and we are appreciate that you have chosen to move with abbeyWood again. When and if that future move happens, I hope you will consider allowing abbeyWood Moving the opportunity to quote on your relocation and we can maintain this special relationship.

lestlauren
lestlauren

Moving homes

AbbeyWood did a fantastic job with my move from old to new home. The move was completed with the scheduled time. Great team to work with.

Thank you for your awesome review. We do our best to make every move the perfect move and we are appreciate that you have chosen to move with abbeyWood on several occasions. If you ever have a need you move again in the future, I hope you will consider allowing abbeyWood Moving the opportunity to quote on your relocation and we can maintain this special relationship.

johnstonmc
johnstonmc

I was extremely impress with the three man crew as they stayed until all of my furniture in my new place was where l wanted it!

All of my things were moved with knowledge of the needs of the customer, and intent on good service.
I could not have been more impressed and will definitely recommend your services to my friends and my real estate agent!

Thank you for your awesome review. We do our best to make every move the perfect move. If you ever have a need you move again in the future, I hope you will consider allowing abbeyWood Moving the opportunity to quote on your relocation needs.

Heather
Heather

Moving services , local.

Abbeywood Moving & Storage provided excellent service from assessment of 5e needs of the home move through to completion of the move. Judy Webb was most knowledgeable and professional and provided great customer service. The team of Mark, Chris, Reno and Dustin were early and very organized on move day facilitating a smooth move both at the loading and unloading phases of the move. Additionally, Mel and Nathan provided solid support from the company.
It is a pleasure to comment on Abbeywood Moving & Storage and I would highly recommend this company for all your moving needs

chefgem
chefgem
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Toronto to Niagara move

The crew, Brian and Glenn were fantastic. They wrapped every piece of furniture, every print and moved it out and in to our new place without a scratch and with great respect for the property and tenants. I would highly recommend Abbeywood for any move. Very professional from estimate to the completion of the move. 5 Stars️

debscott4
debscott4
1 review Ajax, ON

Location move

It was a move from a house to condo and I could not believe how quick and efficient they were. I will be highly recommending them to friends and family for any upcoming moves.

Moving

From my initial call inquiring about moving services until the completion of the move, I was 100% satisfied. I received a quote promptly and any questions I had were answered putting my mind at ease.

The movers arrived and were very professional, courteous and efficient. They had a system in place that made the move very efficient and smooth. They were extremely careful with the furniture and protected it throughout the move.

I would highly recommend this Abbeywood Moving for your moving day.

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass along your thoughts to the crew. Regards.

Hooman in Vaughan
Hooman in Vaughan

Do NOT move with this Company

I rated them 0 out of 10 but this wouldn't do justice. I rate them -10! This company was referred by another company which we had use for a move across the country. The sales representative was helpful and we decided to choose them betwern the choices we had BUT EVERYTHING was bad on the moving day. Anything you don't want to happen on a moving day happened to us. We had booked the elevator 9 to 1:30 (which I mentioned to the rep a few times) but they showed up at 10:15. The driver was an old and very unfit guy with a bad attitude and he had two young and tiny guys with him and I never received an apology from them for being late. They charge by the hour and they took all the time they had to move the stuff. It took them 7 hours (!!!) to move a 2 bedroom condo. We only had boxes and 2 pieces of furniture to be disassembled. Whenever I was trying to ask the driver to move things quicker (if I could find gim bcas he spent most of the time outside) he was rude and yelling. He was yelling at me for asking questions and cursing his guys for not bring able to lift or being weak. In order to expedite unlpading, company sent 2 more guys to the destination address which I appreciatef first but they turned out to be hourly workers while I was promised full time employees. One of the employess didn't even bother to come to the destination! The driver didn't want to assemble my bed back bcas he was tired and I accepted that bcas I had to pay for his slowliness again but when he left i realized that he never gave me the screws so we didn't have a hed to sleep on lasr night. At the end he told me that I have to pay for 2.5 hrs drive from Thornhill to markham and finch at 10 pm and wgen i disagreed with him he yelled at me again. Very very dissatisfied and disappointed with my choice. SAVE YOUR MONEY, SANITY AND TIME and book your move with another conpany. I don't want anybody tp experience what me and my family experienced last night.

Sk in Mississauga
Sk in Mississauga

Worst Move ever with inexperienced movers not the A team for sure

The same thing that happened to the guy who added a review after me happened to me inexperienced men came to move me. Abbywood is trying to justify my horrible move and when a company has to go out of there way to justify a customer complain then there is a problem within that company! I had told Dave in advance I had a few pieces in home that needed to be moved in order to get the rest of the items in and he had agreed the movers were getting paid 135 per hour the move inside my apt wasn't for free. I was told the movers would arrive between 9.45 to 10 am and the movers showed up at 11.30 am the day stared horribly bad from the beginning!
This wasn't the A team as Abbywood says in the responses to those who had a bad experience with there company. FYI I had two young guys who had just started with Abbywood totally inexperienced and one older rude person who was rude and extremely loud and hardly did a thing - my move extended to 11 1/2 to 12 hours for a medium truck load of mainly boxes.
I stored my things with Abbywood for over a year paid approx $8000 for that and finally needed the items out
I had 2 boys skinny and one older extremely rude guy move me totally inexperienced , my items were damaged, scratched and broken. I do have video of the older mover who was in charge doing nothing for hours but cleaning up his moving truck in the middle of my move which was costing me $130 per an hour plus the taxes they charge. The items they took apart were not put together because they forgot there tools. My place looks a disaster because everything was just left in my living room and near the front entrance. I would never want anyone to experience what I did. Abbywood uses inexperienced movers and have lost there reputation with moving , there prices are high and not worth the headache they put me thru. I called them at least 10 times during the move and finally a supervisor cam around 5 to see what was going on and eventually the move was complete. I was charged for almost 12 hours for a medium truck move manly boxes and some furniture. I strongly recommend you think twice and don't get fooled by there presentation when they send someone to assess your move it's all a front what they say and what you get are totally not what you signed for. The two skinny youths moving me had just started working for Abbywood and couldn't lift much and when I asked them to place my items in certain areas they fully ignored me. Even my neighbors who were there to assist were shocked to see how this move was going along. This was one of my worst experiences I've dealt with and I now have to hire two men just to come and sort things out at my place.
I was in tears

Review has 1 previous version

In response to SK's post...her move was from abbeyWood's warehouse in Scarborough to a 2 storey condominium on the 26th floor in Mississauga. The plan to arrive at her home was predicated on loading the truck the preceding day for an early start. That did not happen as the crew did not report back to our warehouse until after hours so the load did not happen until the morning of the move. The shipment consisted of both furniture and boxes, not mainly boxes as indicated. Some items were already damaged coming into abbeyWood's warehouse and SK acknowledged that on the inventories however one piece was damaged upon delivery and was compensated for. Regarding the crew, they were new to abbeyWood's this year but they were far from "just starting". The "rude" older man has worked with abbeyWood's before and understands the process of moving peoples personal items and what is required. The two "skinny boys" were both very capable of moving anything that they were given with the exception of a very large and top heavy cabinet that SK requested be moved to the second floor. Unfortunately the risk of damage to property, the piece and injury to the crew made the request unacceptable and I (General Manager on site that I did not charge for) made the decision to not move it where requested. Placing blame solely on abbeyWood's for the move problems is completely uncalled for as numerous situations were created by SK. When asked if abbeyWood's could move some things around to accommodate our arrival, various rooms were already filled with furniture and boxes. It wasn't a matter of leaving things at the front door and the living room...it was already congested when abbeyWood's arrived. Moving a few items turned into re-arranging the space to provide room for the shipment. The main door from the elevator lobby had to be removed by the building management to allow access for some oversized items which slowed delivery until that time. Furthermore, when the move was completed, abbeyWood's NOT the building management had to replace that same door. After bringing 2 oversized leather chairs and a large sofa's to the condo (remember...26th floor), SK requested them to be sent back to our warehouse for disposal for which a fee was charged. Now SK has asked that I not put through any more charges on the credit card provided. abbeyWood's goal is to provide the best move possible with the least amount of stress however we fall short on that promise occasionally. This is one such move that we fell short however we made every effort to overcome those shortfalls. Some customers ask for the moon and are disappointed when they get the stratosphere.

More about Abbeywood Moving & Storage Inc

abbeyWood Moving & Storage specializes in a full range of moving services including local & long-distance moving, packing, storage and commercial moves. We understand that moving can be stressful-- it is our mission to make your move as smooth and hassle-free as possible.

Whether you are a corporation moving your entire staff to a new location, a business needing to move your equipment without missing a day in operation, an individual embarking on a complex international move, or just a family moving into your new home – you're all looking for a moving company you can rely on. abbeyWood Moving & Storage Inc. provides a complete moving solution to both residents and businesses, and is a reliable Toronto mover you can trust.

Our business started as a local family owned Toronto moving company-- now, we service all of Canada, the United States and beyond. At abbeyWood Moving & Storage Inc. we have been helping all kinds of people and businesses, in as many different situations as you can imagine, get their belongings to places near and far, and we have been doing it for over 4 decades. That's a lot of moves! Through our long history we have learned that one thing is important to you above all else: Trust.

Call us today for a quote!