Cliffs Lawn & Garden Equipment

Cliffs Lawn & Garden Equipment

Reviews for Cliffs Lawn & Garden Equipment

roadkill401 in Oakville
roadkill401 in Oakville

Not the most reliable for service

I thought they were going to be a good place to get my Arian snowblower services. They are an authorized dealer so they should know what they are doing.

Sadly they over commit and the customer looses out. What I was quoted as being 3-4 weeks turned into 7. When I finally got the snowblower back, I filled the tank with the special gas for snowblowers they sell as I was told it will extend the life of my unit.

Sadly for me it didn't snow for another 5 weeks, but when it did, all the faults became obvious. The gas tank seemed to have a leak in it, so the snow blower wouldn't hold fuel. And when you did try to run it, the engine turned over but ran very rough and about 1/3rd the power. (actually it turned out to be the carburettor gasket they replaced improperly).

Cliffs doesn't take responsibility for their shoddy work and stuck me with the cost of getting fixed. They are horrible for giving information about what they are doing. Won't return phone calls and your left to hound them til they respond.

I should have taken more note to the sign inside their shop that says Cliffs takes no responsibility for any equipment left for repair. I guess that extends to any work they do as well.

Alan Price in Oakville
Alan Price in Oakville

Lawnmower blade replacement

Took my lawnmower in to get a new blade - ready in a week, charged me $20 for labor and $20 for a new blade. Very reasonable ! The guy at the front desk friendly and courteous. Very happy with work done by Cliffs

Angelo in Toronto
Angelo in Toronto

Experienced & Ethical

Called Cliff’s and asked about servicing for my relatively new snowblower. I was very impressed with their pricing and comprehensive service- but even more so with their integrity.
They probed to ask how long I had the machine, how often it was used and if there are any problems. I was then told that service wasn’t necessary but I should simply change the oil. They even told me how to do that!
I felt their honesty and professionalism was refreshing and impressive. I will certainly use their service when required.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Lawn equipment change over

Upgraded all of our equipment to Stihl lithium battery powered equipment. Cliff's was a one stop shop for our needs ... they were generous with the trade in value of the used equipment and reasonable with the purchase price of the new equipment. They are always thorough explaining the features and operation of the newly acquired equipment. This is an excellent company to do business with!

John from Oakville
John from Oakville

snowblower warranty repair from CTC

I brought my snowblower into Canadian Tire for warranty work end of September. Cliffs is their repair shop of record. I gave it a month a reasonable amount time I thought, starter was defective. Complete indifference at CTC (Trafalagar & Dundas)...same service at Cliffs. It's December! Does anyone care anymore?