Whitby Tile Centre Ltd

Tile & Stone Retailers
225 Brock Street North Whitby ON L1N 4H6
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Contractors in Whitby  >  Whitby Tile Centre Ltd  >  backsplash: tumbled marble tiles
Lisa

905-666-2233
225 Brock Street North
Whitby
L1N 4H6

I decided to give Whitby Tile a second chance. We needed tiles for the backsplash of our new home. Upon visiting the store, a young boy named Troy (maybe 12 years old) was minding the store all by himself. His parents were away. Although he was clearly responsible, articulate and knowledgeable, we were a little weirded out by not having any adults to speak with. I did speak to Sandy (an adult!) over the phone a couple of times to ensure things were moving along and this was comforting. In the end, Whitby Tile gave us the name of an installer (Colin Brophy) who came out to our place, did an estimate and even was so sweet as to pick up the tile (one we chose at the store), sealer and grout for us before doing the installation. He was a friendly man and did a nice job on the installation, working steadily for about 7 hours and we thought his price was reasonable. I have to say that having someone come out to measure and figure out the number of tiles needed was a big help.

So, it's hit or miss with in-store service at Whitby Tile, but if you're ok with confirmation and advice via phone, things should be alright as Sandy is quite accomodating. Also, if you need a good installer, Colin Brophy can be reached at 905 922 7707. Tell him I sent you!