Tile & Stone Retailers
3821 9 Street SE Calgary AB T2G 3C7
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Calgary  >  Universal Slate International Inc

Reviews for Universal Slate International Inc

Tile

When we ordered some kitchen tile, nothing arrived after 2 weeks. I called the supplier who said no order was ever placed! No apology given from Universal, they just said they'd try it again and we should keep waiting.

Thier floor tile installer was poor quality. Tile was so badly aligned I cut my heel on a corner. Tile gaps went from 1mm to 5mm. We stopped the work on day 1 and had to rip out all the work.

Tracy
Tracy

Great service and product

I needed tile for 2 bathroom floors and showers, back splash in kitchen and boot room floor. I had no idea what I was looking for but Twyla came to my rescue. She took her time I never felt rushed, she had lots of great ideas and was so easy to work with. I will only go to USI for my tiling needs and will recommend this company to my family and friends.

Rick & Val Eckstein from Calgary
Rick & Val Eckstein from Calgary

Kithchen backsplash

We wanted an awesome looking backsplash to compliment our new cabinets and slate counter-top. Boy were we impressed with the finished look of the product we chose. Rob our installer was excellent and a man on a mission to do it right the first time.

doug Harris from Calgary
doug Harris from Calgary

slate

used slate for my bathroom, hall and front entry. Great look. This was a new California Home in Evergreen Estates and then sealed it with high gloss. Wow what a look

Cowtown homeowner
Cowtown homeowner

Tile for master bath

I had been working with Universal Slate for our bath reno and thought that what I had ordered was the product listed on my receipt. Upon receiving the product, we found that it was not what we thought and felt a little deceived at the company's use of the terms describing the product. We asked to return it which they did for some of the tile but part of it they wouldn't take back without a restocking fee. We decided to keep the product but were left feeling the experience was somewhat unpleasant in the end. I did give them high marks for the service we received throughout the choosing process, the staff were very patient, helpful and prompt. I felt bad returning the product after all their work but they should've been more upfront with what it is that they are selling and not try to call it something else. I did find exactly what I was looking for at another store for the same price but Universal Slate does have some nice products and fairly good service which kept my review points higher.

Carmen in NW
Carmen in NW
5 reviews CALGARY, AB

house reno's: kitchen and bathroom floors

T2G 3C7

Had some work done and bought my slate from Universal slate. Went in a few times and besides having to wait for service due to many customers, the service was great. They were very helpful in suggesting complementary tiles/designs and provided as many samples as I wanted. They also had some good sales on select tiles.

Helen in Calgary
Helen in Calgary
14 reviews CALGARY, AB

Tile

Beautiful selection of stone and tile. Nice showroom with friendly and helpful staff. Products were well priced. Excellent selection of glass tiles and travertine. Some very unique and modern looking products as well.

JM in Calgary
JM in Calgary

Counter Top replacement

T2G 3C7

Granite kitchen countertops, kitchen Island and bathroom vanity installed by universal slate. Mike Pedlar suggested a Material that really complemented the kitchen cabinets. Overall very happy with the entire process.

Sho in Calgary
Sho in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

School project-Interior Decorating

T2G 3C7

I absolutely enjoy paying a visit to the showroom in Universal Slate as everytime their caring and educated staff help with the ideas and different samples. the most important thing is that they are willing to help even on the phone which rare companies are so. As soon as they realize that you are a student, they provide you free smaples as many as you need and this is very generous and kind.I hope all stores and retailers in CALGARY have such a customer service and to be willing to help the clients at their best.

The Granite Guys
The Granite Guys

Tile Purchase

Every time we deal with Universal Slate we get the quality service that a subtrade looks for. The are every knowledgeable and have a great selection and showroom. If it's tile you are looking for i recommend you check these guys.

More about Universal Slate International Inc

We are a natural stone company that has been around since 1989. We carry a wide variety of natural stone products as well as a wide selection of mosaics including glass, travertine, and slate.