Uniform Custom Countertops Inc

289 Courtland Avenue Vaughan ON L4K 4W9
HomeStars  >  Countertops in Vaughan  >  Uniform Custom Countertops Inc

Reviews for Uniform Custom Countertops Inc

Fantastic Service and looks beautiful

I just had my new countertops installed on my Kitchen and Washrooms by Uniform which I purchased through the Costco program. I could not be happier with the process result. The design consulatant came out to my home and was very knowledgeable about colours and made some great suggestions keeping my price range in mind. I was informed along the way about my production status and expected installation. When the counters were installed I was very impressed with the installation. I never imagined that my kitchen and washrooms would look so beautiful.

New countertop

I hired Uniform to replace my countertop. They did a great job. My top looks beautiful. They were very professional to deal with. I would highly recommend this company. In my case I was very pleased with the final product.

adam.kostanowicz in Burlington
adam.kostanowicz in Burlington
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Beautiful Workmanship

We couldn't be happier with the result of our new quartz countertops. We went through costco for this contractor, and it turned out to be a good idea.
The sales process was a little painful (the sales rep eventually left the company/was fired mid-way through our transaction so we had to start again with someone new). But in the end, the quality of the work is top notch. The installers were very courteous.

Pierre in North york
Pierre in North york

Great counter, awesome installation team

Just had a new Caesarstone london grey counter top installed. Very nice product, it looks great in our kitchen. The installation team was knowlegeable and friendly, everything was cleaned up after they left. The counter was actually ready for installation earlier than had been promised, what a nice change!

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Bad installation, no support, no accountability

A picture is worth a 1000 words, enjoy a link to a rar with 10 photos. Please UCC, try to deny evidencen some more:

Paid November 1st, 2016. Installed December 19th, 2016.
Quartz countertop was stained (44" long stains), had 2 deep chips and 10+ scratches. During installation the installers had issues installing on a level countertop, they un-leveled one side of the countertop by 1/2" and installed the counter with the end of the counter having all weight sitting on a 1/2" tall piece of wood the width of a dime.

Had professionals come to check it, they confirmed the counter will snap if weight is placed on it.

Contacted UCC with photos, they denied being able to see any issue. I cc'd Caeserstone and UCC immediately sent 2 people out to investigate.
Two workers spent 1.5 hours scrubbing the countertop and could not remove the stain. They acknowledged the deep chips and filled the chips...damage is still visible but the surface is smooth and the damage won't spread. They acknowledged the J-Seams were not fully sealed, and they filled the gaps, they took note of the scratches and then investigated the unlevel countertop.
They confirmed the counter was level but the countertop was not level as it had been improperly installed. They were very confused and said they would have their manager contact us by Monday.

Wedensday the UCC Manager contacted us and we set an appointment for them to come replace the counter which was done completely wrong.

Today UCC did not show up, instead, they sent Caeserstone to clean the countertop. The agent identified the staining was due to the installers using dirty clothes with sealant or chemicals on them that stained the top of the counter, he was able to remove the stains effectively using the correct chemicals, not vim. They have no knowledge of UCC saying they would replace the countertop. Caeserstone has been great and very supportive.

UCC? They just keep trying to pass the buck. So sad.

Quartz counter and undermount sink poor installation

I purchased a quartz counter and undermount sink from Ikea in October 2015 and it was installed November 2015.

In December 2016, I noticed the sink had become separated from the counter. I called the company to have them fix it and it is going to cost me $225+ to have them come do a service call. They say they only offer a 1 year warranty. (I had a problem aprrox 13 months after installation). I assumed since I purchased it from Ikea along with my new kitchen then it would be covered under a decent warranty, but I was wrong.

Reading other reviews it appears I am not the only customer with this problem. Sink installation should last more than 1 year. Avoid this company if you can.

C f.
C f.

Kitchen Counter and sink

Two years ago we purchased a quartz countertop and undermount sink through IKEA, and it was installed by Uniform Custom Countertops. A couple of days ago, the sink became unattached and fell into the cupboards below. This should not happen in two years, and obviously it was not installed properly in the first place. When I called the company, they said the warranty was only good for one year, and we would have to pay for it to be reinstalled. I do not recommend this company for their workmanship. We did not want to pay again to have it installed improperly, so we got someone else to do it, at considerable expense.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Horrible Service! Buyer Beware

We used this company through Ikea to do our kitchen counter tops, first they could not seem to find our order, then cancelled agreed installation date twice. After all the issues they arrived and did the template, after 4 weeks they came to install.

The installer was rude and came inside our house with his muddy boots, we had to remind him to remove them, he was sloppy and uninterested in his job.

After installation my nanny signed the form they gave to her, that all was completed on the form.

When I arrived home 2 hours later I checked and the stone was damaged and the installation was totally botched. I called them and was told to send pictures, we did. They then told us that since we signed the form that any repairs will be out of our own pockets.

Caesarstone Quartz Countertops ordered through IKEA

Uniform did an amazing job installing our countertops! The sink fit precisely, the counter was snug to the wall and one place where there's a chimney stack coming out of the wall they cut around it perfectly. Very happy with the customer service as well as how quickly everything was able to get done, just prior to Christmas.

In our case Uniform was the company chosen to cut and install the counter when ordered through IKEA.

Angie from Toronto
Angie from Toronto
10 reviews North York, ON

Replaced My Laminate with Quartz

RONA sold me the solid countertop and contracted it through Uniform Custom Countertops. I was very nervous as this was my first major renovation on my first home, but everything was terrific! Uniform came out to my condo to template and took the time to work with me on a layout. I have a small kitchen, so we had to position the faucet to the side of the sink. I had never thought of putting it there, but now that everything is installed it looks GREAT! I trusted the guy and wasn’t disappointed. The installers arrived an hour early (Seriously. How often does that happen??), worked quickly, cleaned everything up and I cannot believe how great everything looks. Would definitely recommend!