Lakeshore Pools

309 Lakeshore Road East Mississauga ON

Reviews for Lakeshore Pools

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Swimming pool

Terrible, unfinish job and worst castomer service. Unprofesional half way done work. The worst experience ever. If you arę ready to hire this company Please think twice. You will withaut money and without job.

Christine Brown from Mississauga
Christine Brown from Mississauga

Great company -great service

Over the 23 + years we've lived in West Mineola we've tried a number of pool service companies. Lakeshore Pools has been the one we return to each year now for a number of reasons. They are courteous, do a great job every time, offer in store discounts and customer appreciation events and have fabulous friendly staff. Their weekly or biweekly maintennace has really increased our pool enjoyment I must say. They're a nice company with a true customer focus.

KW in Mississauga
KW in Mississauga

Leak detection

Excellent service. My regular pool company told me they thought I had a major leak and could not deal with it until end of June. They did not do any leak detection.

I decided to get a second opinion and I am very glad I did. I phoned several pool companies and got lots of recorded messages because it is the busy season. I phoned lakeshore and got Peter right away. I explained the problem and he recommended proper leak detection to determine the extant of the problem and a proper quote.

They scheduled it within a week. They came when promised and did a proper leak test. The test revealed a very minor problem and Regan fixed it that day. A major nightmare turned into a very minor problem. Thank you from a very grateful customer.

SteveN from Mississauga
SteveN from Mississauga

Pool supplies, salt water conversion

Being by far the closest pool supplies business is how I found Lakeshore Pools, however I had already contracted with another company for opening & closing so I go here to have the water tested and purchase the chemicals. Every time I've been in the shop I've found everyone on the staff to be very helpful and friendly.

I wanted to convert our pool to salt water with a system I acquired at a significant discount. The company who did my open/close wouldn't consider doing the installation for fear of warranty responsibility, even though I was willing to waive their responsibility in writing.

Getting the conversion done was the last step in a major renovation of the backyard space and I was running out of options for having it done on time. I brought the system into Lakeshore and asked if they'd consider doing the installation. The answer was an easy yes and they were able to schedule the job for my deadline day.

On the scheduled day Regan and another tech arrived on time and did the conversion. They were pleasant, did a professional job and left a clean work site when finished. I was charged what I felt to be a very fair price.

I'll continue to purchase my supplies from Lakeshore and will be giving them the contract for doing the open/close this next season.

Andy in Burlington
Andy in Burlington
6 reviews BURLINGTON, ON

Hot tub repair

My old'ish beachcomber 550 hot tub was getting long in the tooth - approx 10 yrs old and as expected the pump and motor eventually gave up. I'm very happy with the hot tub otherwise so didn't just want to replace the whole thing. Mississauga beachcomber hot tubs gave me an option to replace the unit with a rebuilt one rather than shell out about $800 for a new motor and pump. This resulted in approximately halving my cost.
I'll do business with them again

DC from Mississauga
DC from Mississauga

Pool Repair

DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE FOR POOLS. We asked them to come out and fix a leak in our pool, it's been almost one month of them coming out and trying this and trying that, and CHARGING US a fee each time, leak was never found, staff CLUELESS. We called in another company and everything was fixed same day, for significantly less cost.

kipperbernie
kipperbernie

POOL OPENING DISAPPOINTMENT

I thought by dealing with this company – which charges premium pricing – that I’d receive superior service and efficient scheduling. But this was simply the WORST experience with a pool company at the highest cost I've ever paid.

Here’s my experience if you care to read it:

I paid for an opening deemed "deluxe", with a checklist of things that were part of the service. I clearly and deliberately went over each item with the girl who answered the phone, the same girl who assured me my pool would be ready in time for my party.
- Suction off the water on top of the cover
- Bag leaves from top of pool cover & ceck, take away (not done)
- brush the algae line pool (not done)
- 15 minute vacuum
- brush deck
- chemicals
-start the equipment (except the heater for some reason)

Nothing unusual, for $315 plus tax.

At no time did anyone tell me that they would spend "X" amount of time towards finishing the job, then go away If so, would it not have been fair at least to tell me? AND ITS NOT that they spent any more time than the previous company did. No in fact, they were overscheduled and in addition to showing up 2 days after they were scheduled to (and I’d taken time off to be there) left, leaving much undone to get to the next call. They did assure me the pool would be ready for my party.

Apparently my cover had a hole in it and this cascaded into a situation where my pool party will not happen. Several other things happened that caused me to be concerned. I noticed the pool had filled beyond the light alcove, but that the light was still at the bottom of the pool, not installed. In calling the office to report this to the girl (should I worry or no?), this got translated to the techs that I needed a new lightbulb.

They came back a day before my party to add more bleach, do the 15 minute vacuum and install the pool light. A girl came by shortly thereafter to check the pool chemical balance. I wonder what they were expecting to see after dumping a bunch of bleach into the pool? I questioned the girl about the scum line on the pool and the basically unfinished job. Not only did they miss the date but they did not brush the pool of algae nor did they remove the leaves. (see Photo). All I get is excuses from this company "oh the algae is embedded into the cement" (no, I demonstrated that it brushed off, quite easily), and "oh well you've got leaves coming down after he scooped the top" (no, the guy just left 10 minutes ago, he didn't do it). Oh, this was a bad season for algae, everybody is having a problem (no, our next door neighbour doesn't have this problem). When are they coming to bag the leaves? “Oh, he has no bags” or “Oh he has no room in the truck to take them”. (both excuses I received).

I’m wondering how good a job they did of closing our pool last year, given the problems they experienced this opening. OH, and though this company closed the pool last year, the guy who came by was trying to open up a skimmer that was permanently shut down - good thing my husband saw this. Don’t they have service notes???

I gave the company tons of notice, and I do mean over 2 weeks, but they failed to make the promised date, came 2 days later jeopardizing the time available to finish the job and have basically left 30% of the promised work undone. I am going back to my smaller company, the one that delivers the service they promise.

OH, and to add insult to injury…..

A fellow called PETER called to tell me that they had already spent more time than they normally would, and as my side benefit they would not charge me the extra he felt they were due for this. He said this about 3 times. Hard to believe given I am staring at an algae filled, scum line unbrushed, dirty pool…still filling with water, no machinery going, a pile of leaves languishing on the walkway.

I am astounded by how poorly this whole thing was managed. If you use this company – GOOD LUCK!

Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Mississauga?