Ami McKay PURE Design

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
HomeStars  >  Interior Design in Burnaby  >  Ami McKay PURE Design

Reviews for Ami McKay PURE Design

Small Renovation: kitchen / bathroom / powder room

Our experience with Pure Design Inc. was mostly unpleasant - we are not recommending this company.
We did a small renovation with them that took about 6 months to complete.
Based on their management fee we expected a much smoother process and a timely completion. We feel that neither was achieved.

Hello Dennis and Natalie,
We worked hard together as a team to make you happy, and deliver all of the items on your wish list in a well-designed space. We are sorry you feel this way.
With older houses like your 120 year old home, as we had explained in our original kick off meeting, there are always unexpected issues that may arise. From our first meeting, you stressed that budget, not timeline, was most important to you and saving money was key as you both had saved a finite amount of funds for your renovation and were unable go above that amount. We took that to heart. Usually, when we run into unexpected issues in old houses it shows up as an added cost, however, we looked at more creative solutions to save you money, each time always with your agreement on the next steps. Unfortunately, this time of discovery, problem solving and moving forward with a revised plan did add on to the timeline.
In the end, you have a spectacularly beautiful renovation and we were able to come in 12% under budget. We are very proud of that. We love how your home turned out and that we were able to deliver to you a beautifully designed renovation with all of the items on your wish list. We know you will enjoy your space for years to come.

Kevin from Vancouver
Kevin from Vancouver

Chen Residence Living Space Revamping @ Oakridge area, Vancouver, BC

Ami is interior designer and decorator for the renovation project of our 2,100 living space. She took a lot of time to discuss with us about what we want and what she could do to make it happen. She was also extremely accommodating to our ideas and changes. Unlike many other designer, instead of giving us a cookie cutter design, she studied the existing layout and material of this 60-year old house and embrace exiting building instead of gutting everything out and re-doing the entire space. We love the space (including the new furniture) that she did. It even got featured on BC Living magazine.

Ami of Pure Design and her team are professional and personable at the same time so the client can work with them to achieve the best balance result between design and budget.

Thank you for your review and business Kevin.

Leslie Titus from Surrey
Leslie Titus from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Basement Rennovation

We hired Amy to renovate our Basement in our home in Morgan Creek. From the paint colors to the crown moldings , furniture choices , rugs and lighting , Amy did an incredible job for us . We had a budget and she stuck to our budget and transformed our basement into a show home . We were thrilled and wouldnt hesitate to have Amy into our home to transform any room for us . Shes positive , happy and a real joy to be around .

Thank you Leslie.

Howard Seto and Joanne Lee from Vancouver
Howard Seto and Joanne Lee from Vancouver

Renovation of 100 year old character home

Assisted Review

From concept to design to project management, the Pure Team created something that was unique to our style and 100 year old character home. We are very pleased with the amazing transformation which includes a dream kitchen, spa master bathroom and many unique spaces in the house that our family will enjoy for many years to come. The renovation also included 2 separate one bedroom suites now with modern appliances and fixtures, and easily rented as a result. Throughout the project, Pure Design was professional, attentive to our needs, flexible and easy to work with and full of great ideas. We are very happy with the design of our place.

Chris C*****h from Vancouver
Chris C*****h from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Exterior colour scheme

We undertook an extensive renovation of a 100 year old home, which included replacement of the exterior cedar shingles. We consulted with Ami on paint colours what would maintain the classical appearance of the home, while reflecting the contemporary updates undertaken.

Ami was very prompt and responsive in our communications, her colour recommendations were very appropriate, aesthetically pleasing and creative. We went through a couple of different test patches and Ami's advice was always decisive and clearly articulated. We are delighted with the colours selected, and we receive numerous comments and compliments from neighbours, and strangers, about the colours.

We look forward to our next opportunity to work with Ami.

KEITH HANSON from Surrey
KEITH HANSON from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Kitchen, family room, main bathroom and ensuite bathroom

Ami has some wonderful design ideas and is able to guide homeowners through the nerve-racking phases of design, material selection, colour palette and execution to achieve incredible transformations. Ami guides you through every step and without question provides more than just design services - Ami acts as a mediator [and relationship counsellor] to enable homeowners to reach mutually acceptable design solutions that satisfy design objectives.
AND, on top of everything, Ami is a wonderful person and it has been a pleasure to have worked with her.

Thank you Keith, it was a pleasure to work with both you and Brenda on your kitchen and bathrooms re-design and renovation! I was particularly impressed with Brenda's ability to create gourmet meals on your BBQ while your kitchen was out of commission. I will never forget that Crème brûlée was one of your favourites. It certainly helped make the renovation process less daunting when you both ate like royalty. Now you have a beautiful kitchen (with a cozy fireplace) to enjoy year round!

Nena from Vancouver
Nena from Vancouver

Interior design

After interviewing a number of different designers we chose Ami McKay's PURE Design company. She came out on top because of her professionalism, down-to-earth personality and competitive pricing.
Also since both my husband and I were very busy with work, it was very convenient she could communicate in person, email and text when necessary. She helped with so many decisions for the house and her skill and foresight are remarkable! The proof is in the final product.
Ami and her team helped us design our dream home!

Terry on the westside of Vancouver
Terry on the westside of Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Complete design for new home

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Ami by a dear friend who raved about her talents. I must admit that I am not easily impressed but Ami is impressive.
I have used other designers in the past for projects at my businesses and renovations at my home and I always found it to be a hit and miss proposition. Always a case of some things turning out just right and others not so much.

I had just started the process of building a new house. I had certain ideas and I wanted someone to help me put all those ideas together and to add to them so that my vision of my dream house became a reality. A house that impressed you from the first look as you approached it. A house that made you feel at home when you entered it. And a house that inspired you as you explored it. A house that when people saw it, didn’t make them say “nice house” but “Wow!!”

The first thing you will notice about Ami is her smile. Then you will notice her positive attitude and then her passion for her profession. As you work with her you will come to appreciate her incredible talent.

Building a house can be a very tiring and stressful thing to do. Thousands of decisions to be made. Contractors, deadlines, budgets and babysitting adults. Not always a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun working with Ami.

Ami helped me with all the colour selections, flooring selections, the lighting, exterior design decisions, interior design decisions, the kitchens, the bathrooms, the fireplaces, mouldings, window treatments, the furniture to furnish the house, just about everything.

She was generous with her time and professional throughout the whole process. It was incredibly easy to collaborate with her. She took the vision that I had for my family’s new home, stayed true to it and made it far better than I would have been able to on my own, because of all the ideas that she brought to the table and how she put them all together.

I love how my house had turned out. I have an incredibly sense of joy about it. All the “Wows!!” from the neighbours haven’t hurt either.

I would highly recommend Ami’s services to anyone who wanted someone to help make their home beautiful and their designing decisions easy!

helena in west vancouver
helena in west vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

custom interior decorating

This site could not be more appropriately titled because in all sense of the word Ami Mckay is a gifted 'HomeStar'.

Before I hired Ami I was a puddle of decorating uncertainties and indecisions. I could not see the big picture let along the details that would enhance my dwelling into a serene inviting home for me and my family. It could not have been easier working with Ami! She somehow quickly interpreted what I was looking for and professionally held my hand while we sourced out the best decorating choices to make within my defined budget.

Ami truly has made my home a super-star. It seems that everyone who comes over compliments me on how beautiful and comfortable looking it is - and some even go as far and insist that if I ever consider selling my house they want to be the first on my list to buy it, furnishings and all.

More about Ami McKay PURE Design

PURE Interior Design wants you to LOVE your new space! We provide design consultation and project management services to a wide range of clients in both the residential and commercial markets. The secret of our success lies in the incredible relationships we grow and nurture with our many diverse clients. We take time getting to know you and we aim for nothing less than excellence on each and every project. At PURE we create long term, close working relationships because we give you exactly what it is you desire. We always strive hard to create your perfect, ideal space.

Top interior designer; interior designer Vancouver; Vancouver interior designer; top Canadian interior designer