The Granite Shop

Reviews for The Granite Shop

Amanda in Nepean
Amanda in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Returning customer and will never go back

Granite Shoppe reviews
Amanda Estabrooks
Amanda Estabrooks
3 reviews
4 days ago
I am a returning customer and given my last experience will never return to The Granite Shop. I agree with the other reviews in that the material and service with Joe is excellent. However, regardless of how nice the material is if the company cannot properly template, cut and install that material it’s worthless. My husband and I paid for a quartz countertop with a waterfall using a mitre cut. When the countertop was templated the gentleman asked us to install a piece of cabinet at the end of the sink where the waterfall would be installed. I was advised this would give the waterfall piece more stability. The gentleman then markedly his template to show the additional piece. Following the template, Joe, asked me to write an email confirming that the additional live eWorld be installed prior to the counter installation which I did. When the countertop was installed the sink piece was cut too short to allow the waterfall to be installed. The edge of the countertop had also been finished for a butt joint as opposed to having a mitre cut set up for the waterfall. (the mitre cut for the waterfall is what gives it a nice look and was discussed with Joe at the time of purchase). Apparently the template gentleman had set up the template for a butt joint and not a mitre cut which was never discussed with me at the time of templating. All to say the 12ft of countertop had to be replaced and that piece was affixed to the other length of countertop contains my stove top- if both pieces could not be separated the whole kitchen countertop would have to be recut. I emailed the Granite Shop about the recutting. The long and short of it is after 3 weeks the manager wrote me an email blaming me for not having all of my cabinets installed prior to templating and that he was being generous enough for offering to fix the issue. He advised me he would speak with his people and get back to me about my options. Now 4 weeks after the install I haven’t heard anything from the manger and therefore asked for a refund. Initially I was only offered the value for the material and not the taxes. I threatened legal action and I was refunded the value of the material with the tax. We are very disappointed in the Granite Shop and particularly their management. We did not receive what we paid for and then got blamed when the mistake was made by them. Hopefully this experience will enlighten others to chose a better shop.

Catherine in Ottawa
Catherine in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Granite for vanity

Do not use this company. They are lovely to deal with when you are shopping, but their quality is extremely substandard. We got a great price for the granite for our bathroom vanity. You get what you pay for. The measurements were not done properly. It took over 3 weeks to get them to come back to fix the backsplash and the measurements were still wrong. They don’t respond to phone calls unless you make multiple phone calls per day. Terrible.

R. Smith in Ottawa
R. Smith in Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Quartz bathroom vanity countertop and sink

I'm so happy with my quartz countertop. Linda was so helpful. I found it difficult to pick a slab and she helped me pick the perfect one. I found customer service excellent with this company. The prices were so much better than other companies and Derek did an excellent job on the installation. I would definitely recommend them.

len in Ottawa
len in Ottawa

Counter replacement

Began with good and bad in-store service. Salesman we began with did not complete the work he started. (We found out that store was advertising for a new salesman.) Excellent measurement service by representative who came to house. Granite Shop service fell down during installation. Unlike most servicemen who remove footwear or cover the floors, GS installers did not. They left scratches on painted surfaces and did not clean up after work. They advertise themselves as all inclusive in their pricing; I found out after installation that their price did not include removal of counter, re-installation of plumbing. TO MY GREATEST SURPRISE, they didn't reapply caulking to seal edges of new counters. The new counters also left some issues with the stability of our cabinets. GS sent out a representative to make adjustments, but did not complete the job.

Hello Len,
I'm sorry about the problems you had. Please call the shop and ask for Terry. I do not have your name as to see what the issue was but I assure you we can fix it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

granite counter top

I would not hesitate to recommend this company. They have clearly taken great effort to make the purchase experience as seamless and professional as possible. Right from the start there was no pressure to purchase. All of the staff that I dealt with were extremely knowledgeable about their products and offered much advice. One nice touch is that the price on the granite slab is all inclusive. There were no surprise add on costs after I made the decision to purchase. I was very impressed with the installation process. The installers were very courteous and the work was meticulous. My new counter-top looks fantastic.

Thanks a ton!!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience with us, and thank you for taking the time to tell others about us.

Nathalie from Ottawa
Nathalie from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom renovation

I shopped around to most granite stores in Ottawa and Granite Shop had the best price for the quality of product. Mary was absolutely a pleasure to deal with and provided excellent service. The person who came for measurements was meticulous, provided good advice and was very professional. There were some issues on installation as the 3 young men appeared unsure about cutting into cabinet for sinks but after some debate, they managed to get it done and two of them wanted to make sure we were happy with the product. We bought quartz as it needs less care compared to granite and it looks amazing.

Thanks a ton and I'm glad we can make you happy. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Gabrielle from Clarence Rockland
Gabrielle from Clarence Rockland
1 review Rockland, ON

New granite coutertop installation

Our experience with the Granite Shoppe has been amazing!
From the beginning, they were the only company who were upfront and honest with issues we may encounter with our choice of granite slabs. No other company had brought up these issues which would have made our granite design look terrible. This is why we chose The Granite Shoppe. Their honesty is their best policy and not how much their company can profit off of their clients. Ann helped guide us through all of our design questions without any hesitation or frustration over our numerous questions and design changes. She was very pleasant to deal with, knowledgeable and quick to reply to any of our needs. When the installation came, Dan, Devon and Joe were efficient, knowledgeable, clean and pleasant to have in our home. Some little hiccups did arise but The Granite Shoppe stood behind their work. Omar said: “Making their clients HAPPY” is what matters to them. I would have no issues recommending The Granite Shoppe to any of my friends and/or family. Good job and many thanks for our beautiful kitchen!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad we made you happy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with others and recommending us.

Feng Liu from Ottawa
Feng Liu from Ottawa

Kitchen

After doing lots of research we decided on the GRANITE SHOP. We soon discovered that this was a mistake. The product looked good but the service was terrible. The installers were disrespectfull after I asked them to put out their cigarette before entering my home. The countertop did not fit as expected and when I called the supervisor he would not call me back for almost 2 weeks. I was left with disconnected plumbing fixtures until they came to fix the issue. To top this off they also damaged my very expensive curtom cabinetery when installing the granite counters. And they would not take responsability for the damage, leaving me to pay to replace my damaged cabinet doors. I do not recommend this ompany.
Don't waist your money and spare the stress on your family go buy somewhere else. Feng Liu Ottawa.

Hello Feng,
I'm part of the new ownership and new management team that took over the granite shop. If there is anything I can do today to make you reconsider your rating of the granite shop please don't hesitate to call the shop and ask for Terry.

Julia from Ottawa
Julia from Ottawa
1 review Nepean, ON

Bathroom vanity counter

We were extremely pleased with the quality of granite, the time work and very pleasant staff including Ann who helped us pick a great piece to the installation team! Luv it!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and tell others about us. I'm glad you gave us the opportunity to prove our selves.