Omega Iron And Railings

Reviews for Omega Iron And Railings

joshua
joshua

Custom handrail

Highly recommend great work solid install and very easy to work with would recommend highly

Hi Joshua, thanks for the business. all the best!

Trevor Soren in Toronto
Trevor Soren in Toronto

Design

George is a noblemen and very knowledgeable. He worked with me to come up with a nice design for my house. Answered all my calls and met every deadline. Thank you very much!

Private User reviews Montreal,

Iron Railings

Great experience working Omega Iron and Railing. Very responsive to all communication and in a timely manner. Workmanship was awesome. Project went smoothly due to great communication skills and discussing all details of our project.

thank you for you review and feedback

m.athanasoulis
m.athanasoulis

Iron stair case

I am very impressed with Omega Iron’s professionalism and workmanship. I gave them an inspiration picture I found on-line and they were able to exactly replicate it. I am very happy with the end results.

Hi Maria, thank you very much!

Clinton Ferstl from Caledon
Clinton Ferstl from Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Great work

I really appreciate this company for their work. They are so quick to call you back and show up early for every appointment, you will be happy with their response. Thank you for your help.

Iron Staircase Railings

I found Omega Iron & Railing on Google. Very quick to all communication and in a well-timed manner. Workmanship was great. Project went efficiently due to good communication skills and discussing all details of our project.

thank you for your business and feedback

ladcon
ladcon

Wrought Iron Railings

Overall we are very happy with the railings. Omega did an excellent job installing them, taking time to inspect them afterwards and do touch ups and they look great. The time from placing the order to installation was longer than expected. We were ok with that as there were no doubt many days this past month that the weather prevented them from moving forward with their installations. However, we only received updates on the status of the order when we requested them. We would have appreciated regular updates as to when we could expect installation without having to ask for them.

thank you for the business and feedback

Jean G.
Jean G.

Balcony Railings

We had a brick balcony surrounding a flat roof. The brick was falling apart on the front of the house because of a leaky flat roof. Once the roof was repaired, Omega came in, measured for the stainless railing.
When the steel was ready, they installed it, then measured exactly for the frosted glass. The quality of the work was exceptional. The workers were professional and efficient.
We are very pleased with the job they did and will be using them again for an interior project in the future.

Hi Jean, thank you for your business. Please enjoy the balcony.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Simple gate in the backyard

Update - still not fixed! Joy! Notice the blame the customer response from omega ... have to chase these guys constantly and only thing that gets a response was a bad review on here.

So - over a year ago got Omega to come out and do an estimate to install a gate in the backyard. Agreed to price, paid the deposit and then waited. The first time they tried to install the gate, it was painted unevenly and paint was blistering so we didn’t accept it. Then they disappeared for a while ... emails unanswered, phone calls not returned, lawsuit threatened - finally, four months later they show up and installed the thing.

It’s supposed to be galvanized (because, of course, it’s outside). Surprise, surprise - it’s rusting! Seriously? And again - emails unanswered, phone calls not returned, etc, etc.

Does that sound like an endorsement - it shouldn’t...

Hi David Davachi, thank you for your review. This job was installed within the time frames set. Upon delivery David and his wife were not completely satisfied with the powder coating. We tried to explain that when iron is zinc galvanized with a thick coating it leaves some imperfections even after sanding and powder coating but that's the trade-off. They wanted it fixed, we explained that if we try and sand it more that it could penetrate the galvanizing and rust and as per their request we did just that. It started rusting, now they are complaining it's rusting and when he emailed us we even agreed in writing that we would repair it at no cost. It's a 3rd party company that does the galvanizing. We have tried to take ownership and emailed them that we would be coming to repair but I have not received a response.

George S. in Toronto
George S. in Toronto

Supply and install matte black stainless steel glass railings on our rear exterior 2nd and 3rd floor rear terraces

I am saving our final review of our experience working with Omega Iron & Glass until after our current glass rails work is completed.

For now, here is progress report. Angelo and / or George, can you please contact me at your very earliest convenience and let us know when you are able to complete our work, as requested by our city building inspector. Thank you kindly.

For now, here is our progress report;

My wife and I are home owners in the Annex area of downtown Toronto and we recently completed a substantial home renovation, working closely with Paradigm Architecture & Design, with whom we highly recommend. We hired Omega back in Spring of 2018 to provide stamped shop drawings (as per our city building inspector) and supply and install matte black stainless steel glass railings on our rear 2nd and 3rd floor rear terraces, and also provide a matte black stainless steel handrail leading to our basement and matte black stainless steel glass railing on our main level terrace. I met with Angelo of Omega in June of 2018 and provided a Deposit by cheque for our work at that same time. While we did receive an agreement to sign, no timeline was ever given for completion of our work, which was our mistake. We did not receive stamped shop drawings until late September 2018 and we still were still not provided a clear timeline as to when our job would be completed at that time.

Railings were initially installed in October 2018, though Angelo installed them incorrectly and not as per shop drawings. Angelo apologized for his grave error and together we rectified the situation by bringing our roofing company back to repair our terrace metal parapets (posts were incorrectly placed and not as per stamped shop drawings supplied by Omega and approved by engineer, us, our architect, and city inspector). We also had to have metalwork on our parapets caulked again at this time.

Omega finally re-installed and completed installation on Dec 14, 2018.

While we are satisfied with the install, the process was painstakingly slow and not at all professional. Communication was terrible all along the way, no timeline was ever provided, and the actual overall time involved for our work to be completed was unacceptable. From our initial meet and deposit, it took 6+ months to complete the install of our glass rails.

I contacted Omega again in May 2019 as our city building inspector came by for final inspection and requested that the metal handrail be adjusted, so that it extends to the south fence and prevents access from this area. He also requested that we seal the portion towards top of stairs at handrail, again to prevent access (for the safety of children). He suggested that we can still do glass panels in these areas. I reached out to George at Omega and provided a picture attached to get a sense of what we need to do in order to satisfy our city building inspector and pass our inspection. George at Omega responded promptly, "Leave it with me until the tomorrow re idea for the small section between the post and wood fence. I do like the idea for installing triangular glass panel to close the gap under the handrail and the above the coping for time/cost and aesthetic purposes also. “

We are now in August 2019. I am yet to have our work completed or have anyone at Omega respond further in a timely and efficient manner.

I am left with few options and so I am opting to post this review here in HomeStars. Hoping that someone at Omega will reach out and complete our work and happy to provide an update regarding our final review at that time.

George? Angelo? Can you please provide an update as to when you can assist us further in completing our glass rails in effort to satisfy our city building inspector and pass final inspection? This is the final item on our list and you are the only professional trade that has left us hanging like this. We hired you based upon an initial pleasant meeting with Angelo and HomeStars reviews we read here. We made timely progress payments along the way at your request and I feel that we are honourable customers all the way.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
George & Lara

hello, there will be a full response to the George Seara and Laura Wyss review.

More about Omega Iron And Railings

Omega Iron and Railings is a leader in the professional custom production of hand-forged wrought iron, glass, stainless steel and brass work. Our passion in our works of art and our experience allow us to collaborate with you to ensure quality and complete satisfaction from the detailed drawings to the ...
Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Toronto?