Premier Windows And Doors

Paul in Nepean
Paul in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replace Patio Door

My initial meetings with the account representative and owner, Helmut, went well and I chose to have Premier Windows and Doors install a new patio door at my home. Contract was signed and deposit paid on May 15th.

I called in mid June to receive an estimate of the installation date. It took 4 phone calls and a week to get an answer.

Installation was scheduled and completed on July 9th. I was away from home during the installation, but upon my return I inspected the job and noticed that the top of the door was not sealed to prevent water infiltration.
I called the office to express my concern and was passed to Helmut; the owner. He said he would drop by and have a look. He dropped by while I was again not home. He left and texted me a picture of the door. W then went back and forth (mostly by text). I expressed several times that all i wanted was a bead of caulk across the top of the door to ensure that no water would infiltrate the area. Would have taken 2 minutes and cost 25 cents in material. He steadfastly refused!

I understand they install doors and windows and I don't. But, this is poor customer service!! I tested the door by spraying water on it and, BEHOLD, the water has pooled above the door. Common sense would tell you that a flashing should be installed to direct water away from the house. ALL I WANTED WAS A STUPID BEAD OF SILICONE TO SET MY MIND AT EASE!!

i will do it myself and NEVER do business with Premier Windows again!!

I should have read the google reviews beforehand.