Purity Pest Control Limited

Reviews for Purity Pest Control Limited

Kristina  in Barrie
Kristina in Barrie

Bedbug inspection by Dog

I was worried that I might have bedbugs after waking up with some bites. Michael and Radar (such a good dog!) came by the same day that I called (and on a Sunday). I cannot describe the peace of mind in knowing that I do not have bedbugs. It was worth every penny. I highly recommend Michael and Radar!

Lori in Toronto
Lori in Toronto

K9 Bed Bug Inspection

I live in a condo and have been dealing with a carpet beetle problem, but I called Michael because I’ve also been noticing some mysterious looking “bites” and had a fear that I could also have bed bugs. Before calling Michael, I had another company come out to do a visual inspection. They found nothing, but I read the facts that stated a visual inspection is around 35% accurate and a trained dog is around 95% accurate. So, I did my research and ended up calling Michael, who responded quickly and was able to come out the very next morning with his well-behaved dog Radar. He arrived within the time frame he had promised and answered any questions I had. I showed him photos of the bugs I’d been seeing around my condo, and he confirmed that they were indeed carpet beetles. He and Radar then proceeded to walk thru my unit while I anxiously waited off to the side for the verdict. He went through my unit twice and came back to tell me my unit was free of bed bugs – a definite relief. Michael is confident in the abilities of his dog, Radar, who has been doing this for 9 years. Michael himself is a pioneer in this field and has over 30 years of experience. Before leaving he was able to refer me to someone who could help me with my carpet beetles. I still need to figure out what is causing my itchy skin, but I’m glad it’s not bed bugs.

Thank you for your kind words. I am at your service.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Whitby home

I had found a bed bug in my bathroom and totally panicked, I called another company and we tore apart my home with black lights but found nothing, but I was still very anxious when I saw the percentages of human eye v dogs and after a few sleepless nights called Purity, Michael heard the panic in my voice and came out that evening a couple hours later. Radar was the cutest most well behaved dog, got down to business. He did not find anything so I’m just praying we had the one traveller I flushed and no eggs got laid although Michael assured me radar could also smell eggs. Once the check was done he took the time to answer any questions my children and I had and we got to give radar some love. And some happy tears.

thank you for your kind words.

Great and speedy service

I panicked while travelling in Colombia, and waking up to bed bug bites. When I got home, I wanted to make sure that I hadn't brought any with me. Purity showed up within 2 hours of my call, and I got a thorough inspection. I can finally sleep well!

Karen C.  in Vaughan
Karen C. in Vaughan

Bed Bug presentation

"Michael and his dog came to our agency in mid Jan, conducting an Infection and Prevention Control training on beg bug to staff. Michael has demonstrated his in -depth and excellent knowledge and experience with bed bugs. His presentation is informative, engaging, interesting and his speech was full of humor. The training sessions was filled with laughter and was very well –attended. His partner, Radar, the dog was very well trained and cooperative. It showed his genuine and instant skill by detecting the bed bug (hidden in the venue) without any cue. Though it was unleashed, he was totally obedient and responsive to Michael by sitting quietly next to him during the entire training.”
Karen C.

Thank you for that Karen.

Relly in Toronto
Relly in Toronto

Ineffective service

When I first received bites that looked like bedbugs bites (multiple clustering of welts) I emailed Michael, with the photos, to tell him my suspicions. He did the inspection in October 13 - my request was actually to tell me how widespread the problem was. Him and Radar walked through my condo and did not identify any bedbugs; not even in te room that I suspected had them.
One week later, I found a dead bug (see photo) but he said that he was unable to identify the type of bug. When I asked for a refund, we had a lot of back and forth emailing, in which he asked if I had found a live bug. Since I hadn’t, I didn’t bother responding.
This morning, I found a live bug crawling on me. My suspicions have been confirmed and I’m out $250 plus the cost of the upcoming treatment.

PROFESSIONAL. EFFICIENT. KIND. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

bedbugs: i was hugely distressed in every way. purity came highly recommended by a few friends. mike is calm, friendly, & extremely operative. he put my spinning mind at ease. the dog (radar) was so well-behaved! he is gentle and proficient. together they turned what was a horrifying situation into a completely livable, peaceful environment. i cannot endorse this company enough.

Thank you for that.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Bed bug inspection

I called Purity after I found bed bugs in one room. It was a shock, as I never expected to see them here, although I had seen them years ago in the Middle East. I knew how hard it was to get rid of them.

After days and weeks of cleaning, spraying, powdering, ordering interceptors...basically doing a full time study of eradication methods, I found Purity and decided the fee was worth the peace of mind. Mike was clear, professional, explained how the dog works, and was confident in the results. I saw the test for a false negative find, and it was reassuring. I now feel much happier knowing that my house is clear of this nightmare pest. You can never be sure until months and months go by and you see nothing. At least now I can feel that the treatments I used did the job. Thank you Mike Goldman and your great dog.

AB in Toronto
AB in Toronto

If you're looking for Integrity and Professionalism - look no further.

This was my second experience with Michael of Purity Pest Control (May 2017). The first time was in 2014 when our upstairs neighbour came downstairs to tell us she thought she had bed bugs. She hadn't seen any bugs but had a few weird bites and so she hired a different random K9 inspection guy she found online. She was told the dog had alerted in the corner of a room but no other signs were found. We had him do our apartment as well and nothing was found thankfully, but the guy seemed untrustworthy somehow. I always do my research and wanted to be 100% sure we didn't have bed bugs, so I wanted a second opinion, despite the expense. I found Michael of Purity Pest Control online after reading what felt like a hundred reviews. I was able to book an inspection quickly and when he came to our house with his dog he was prompt and professional. The dog did not find any signs of bed bugs in our place OR the neighbours apartment upstairs. Michael even hid a vial of actual contained bed bugs in our apartment after the inspection, to show how the dog would locate them - sure enough, he did.
Fast forward to 2017, and a close friend who had visited us recently told us she had confirmed bed bugs and was covered in bites (she had also found one in her bed which an exterminator confirmed was a bed bug). Despite having no bites or signs in our home - bed bugs are my greatest fear so I freaked and my husband and I turned the house upside down. Our box spring and mattress has been encased in bed bug protectors for years now, so anything out of the norm is easy to spot. We found some extremely small live clear/yellowish, oblong bugs on the box spring protector and wooden bed frame. I called Michael and he suggested I send him a photo to help determine if these truly were bed bugs before I lost my mind in panic. Luckily, he was able to put my mind at ease confirming that these were not bed bugs but some other insect (likely psocids - which eat mold etc).
I'm sure many other pest control companies would have taken my money and sold me a bunch of unnecessary treatments. If you are looking for integrity - look no further, Michael is simply the best.
K9 bed bug inspections are expensive, it's true - but you get what you pay for, and it is the most accurate form of detection available. An inspection by a professional handler and dog is absolutely worth it for the peace of mind and to help pinpoint where an infestation is actually coming from.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

K9 Bed Bug Inspection by Michael & Radar

After purchasing an item of furniture second hand online, we discovered Bed Bugs in our Condo. I immediately caught the bug and send a photo to Michael, and he confirmed that it was a bed bug. Thankfully, Michael was able to come the next day to assess the situation. He brought Radar with him, and within 15 minutes he was able to confirm that the bed bugs hadn't spread to any other areas of the condo. Michael gave us information about how to get rid of the bed bugs and how to properly dispose of the item without bringing the bugs into other areas of the condo.

The whole experience was very professional, and it gave us peace of mind when he demonstrated Radar's detection abilities by placing a vial of Bed Bugs in the furniture and doing a second assessment. When Radar detected the bugs right away it reassured us that we were bug-free.

We would definitely recommend Michael & Radar to friends and family, and we have already passed on the information to other buyers of furniture from the same website. Thank you!

More about Purity Pest Control Limited

Purity Pest Control's mission has always been to offer our clients professional services at a competitive price and we strive to be curtious and on time. When we leave, our goal is to inform you as to our findings and an understanding of what comes next, if anything. Purity was ...
Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in Thornhill?