Pest & Animal Control

(905) 761-9388
64 Conley Street
Vaughan
L4J 2X5

I panicked while travelling in Colombia, and waking up to bed bug bites. When I got home, I wanted to make sure that I hadn't brought any with me. Purity showed up within 2 hours of my call, and I got a thorough inspection. I can finally sleep well!

Karen C.  in Vaughan
Karen C. in Vaughan

Bed Bug presentation

"Michael and his dog came to our agency in mid Jan, conducting an Infection and Prevention Control training on beg bug to staff. Michael has demonstrated his in -depth and excellent knowledge and experience with bed bugs. His presentation is informative, engaging, interesting and his speech was full of humor. The training sessions was filled with laughter and was very well –attended. His partner, Radar, the dog was very well trained and cooperative. It showed his genuine and instant skill by detecting the bed bug (hidden in the venue) without any cue. Though it was unleashed, he was totally obedient and responsive to Michael by sitting quietly next to him during the entire training.”
Karen C.

Thank you for that Karen.

Relly in Toronto
Relly in Toronto

Ineffective service

When I first received bites that looked like bedbugs bites (multiple clustering of welts) I emailed Michael, with the photos, to tell him my suspicions. He did the inspection in October 13 - my request was actually to tell me how widespread the problem was. Him and Radar walked through my condo and did not identify any bedbugs; not even in te room that I suspected had them.
One week later, I found a dead bug (see photo) but he said that he was unable to identify the type of bug. When I asked for a refund, we had a lot of back and forth emailing, in which he asked if I had found a live bug. Since I hadn’t, I didn’t bother responding.
This morning, I found a live bug crawling on me. My suspicions have been confirmed and I’m out $250 plus the cost of the upcoming treatment.

PROFESSIONAL. EFFICIENT. KIND. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

bedbugs: i was hugely distressed in every way. purity came highly recommended by a few friends. mike is calm, friendly, & extremely operative. he put my spinning mind at ease. the dog (radar) was so well-behaved! he is gentle and proficient. together they turned what was a horrifying situation into a completely livable, peaceful environment. i cannot endorse this company enough.

Thank you for that.

Bed bug inspection

I called Purity after I found bed bugs in one room. It was a shock, as I never expected to see them here, although I had seen them years ago in the Middle East. I knew how hard it was to get rid of them.

After days and weeks of cleaning, spraying, powdering, ordering interceptors...basically doing a full time study of eradication methods, I found Purity and decided the fee was worth the peace of mind. Mike was clear, professional, explained how the dog works, and was confident in the results. I saw the test for a false negative find, and it was reassuring. I now feel much happier knowing that my house is clear of this nightmare pest. You can never be sure until months and months go by and you see nothing. At least now I can feel that the treatments I used did the job. Thank you Mike Goldman and your great dog.

Thanks for your kind words.

AB in Toronto
AB in Toronto

If you're looking for Integrity and Professionalism - look no further.

(905) 761-9388
64 Conley Street
Vaughan
L4J 2X5

This was my second experience with Michael of Purity Pest Control (May 2017). The first time was in 2014 when our upstairs neighbour came downstairs to tell us she thought she had bed bugs. She hadn't seen any bugs but had a few weird bites and so she hired a different random K9 inspection guy she found online. She was told the dog had alerted in the corner of a room but no other signs were found. We had him do our apartment as well and nothing was found thankfully, but the guy seemed untrustworthy somehow. I always do my research and wanted to be 100% sure we didn't have bed bugs, so I wanted a second opinion, despite the expense. I found Michael of Purity Pest Control online after reading what felt like a hundred reviews. I was able to book an inspection quickly and when he came to our house with his dog he was prompt and professional. The dog did not find any signs of bed bugs in our place OR the neighbours apartment upstairs. Michael even hid a vial of actual contained bed bugs in our apartment after the inspection, to show how the dog would locate them - sure enough, he did.
Fast forward to 2017, and a close friend who had visited us recently told us she had confirmed bed bugs and was covered in bites (she had also found one in her bed which an exterminator confirmed was a bed bug). Despite having no bites or signs in our home - bed bugs are my greatest fear so I freaked and my husband and I turned the house upside down. Our box spring and mattress has been encased in bed bug protectors for years now, so anything out of the norm is easy to spot. We found some extremely small live clear/yellowish, oblong bugs on the box spring protector and wooden bed frame. I called Michael and he suggested I send him a photo to help determine if these truly were bed bugs before I lost my mind in panic. Luckily, he was able to put my mind at ease confirming that these were not bed bugs but some other insect (likely psocids - which eat mold etc).
I'm sure many other pest control companies would have taken my money and sold me a bunch of unnecessary treatments. If you are looking for integrity - look no further, Michael is simply the best.
K9 bed bug inspections are expensive, it's true - but you get what you pay for, and it is the most accurate form of detection available. An inspection by a professional handler and dog is absolutely worth it for the peace of mind and to help pinpoint where an infestation is actually coming from.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

K9 Bed Bug Inspection by Michael & Radar

After purchasing an item of furniture second hand online, we discovered Bed Bugs in our Condo. I immediately caught the bug and send a photo to Michael, and he confirmed that it was a bed bug. Thankfully, Michael was able to come the next day to assess the situation. He brought Radar with him, and within 15 minutes he was able to confirm that the bed bugs hadn't spread to any other areas of the condo. Michael gave us information about how to get rid of the bed bugs and how to properly dispose of the item without bringing the bugs into other areas of the condo.

The whole experience was very professional, and it gave us peace of mind when he demonstrated Radar's detection abilities by placing a vial of Bed Bugs in the furniture and doing a second assessment. When Radar detected the bugs right away it reassured us that we were bug-free.

We would definitely recommend Michael & Radar to friends and family, and we have already passed on the information to other buyers of furniture from the same website. Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words.

Mhedder in Markham
Mhedder in Markham
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

K9 Bed Bug Inspection

My husband and I were recently married and decided to go for a mini honeymoon to Niagara Falls after the wedding to decompress. We stayed at the Hilton Fallsview and after our first night there we woke up in the morning to a bed bug crawling across our sheets. We took a photo of the bug and presented it to the hotel management. The hotel immedately gave us a new room and did what they could to make us happy, however it was quite emotionally traumatizing. Everytime I felt a phantom itch, I had to check to make sure there was not a bug crawing on my skin. It ruined our honeymoon

We asked for recommendations from friends and family of who to contact in this situation and Purity Pest Control came highly recommended! We immediately contacted Michael of Purity Pest Control and sent him a photo of the bug we found which he right away confirmed was in fact a bed bug. He promptly provided us with steps to take to ensure we did not bring the infestation into our own home which helped to put our minds at ease. Once we returned from Niagara, Michael came to us right away to perform a K9 inspection of our home with his dog Radar.

Michael and Radar inspected our home and did not find any trace of bed bugs in our home except for my husbands back pack which we he took with him to the hotel in Niagara. Michael immediately provided us with the information necessary to remove the threat of bed bugs spreading from the backpack.

Having Michael and Radar inspect our home was a very pleasant experience. Michael was very knowledgeable and took the time to show us how Radar reacts when bed bugs were present. Radar is very intelligent and a very kind and well trained dog. They helped us put our minds at ease and we can now sleep comfortably once again in our own home.

We would recommend Michael, Radar and Purity Pest Control to anyone and everyone who requires this service! They are the best available, hands down!

Thank you Michael and Radar for all your help and support through this traumatizing experience!

It was our pleasure. Enjoy your life together.

Pest Control

I called Michael concerned that the bugs I had found were bed bugs and just before Christmas with many visitors expected . He returned my message the same day and was quite willing to bring his dog to inspect the very next morning. But he calmly slowed down the process, asking me what made me think they were bed bugs and then asked me to send him a picture of the bug. Within 5 minutes of my e-mail, he assured me they were not bed bugs, gave me the name of the bug it was, asked me to google it and assured me it was no reason for concern. Michael proved himself a highly ethical business man....more interested in meeting his customer's need than making some quick income. I was familiar with the business through my employer and had always been impressed with the prompt, efficient and thorough service. I did not know Michael before this. However, I was thrilled when Michael provided the same quality of service for a small homeowner. He proved there is no need to try anyone else. There was no charge for his expert advice.

Thank you for those comments. I hope we made your holiday season that much brighter.

Service was prompt, friendly and very efficient

Mike got back to me two hours after I first called him, on a Saturday no less. He booked me in quickly and was prompt and easygoing and so nice. And I loved Radar as soon as I met him! What a team - so professional, efficient and excellent at what they do. And peace of mind for me is knowing Radar found something before it became a huge unwieldy problem. And it was amazing because he found with his nose what a pest control guy doing a thorough exam a few days earlier totally missed. I'm so happy I had Mike and Radar come through and check my place. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Thank you so much for your wonderful referral. If you are who I think you are, don't forget that if you find a bug, take a good quality picture of if and send it to me for ID. Thanks again.

More about Purity Pest Control Limited

Purity Pest Control's mission has always been to offer our clients professional services at a competitive price and we strive to be curtious and on time. When we leave, our goal is to inform you as to our findings and an understanding of what comes next, if anything. Purity was ...
Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in Thornhill?