Benco Concrete

Reviews for Benco Concrete

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto
1 review Cambridge, ON

Benco concrete, poor quality, surprise costs

Benco concrete took my money and promised to show up in 12 weeks, then didn't show up for 6 months. Then when they finished paving my driveway it won't drain when it rains. The water pools on the driveway, The owner said there was nothing that could be done about it. When I consulted other concrete businesses they said the job was sloppy, and the drainage is their fault. Benco got concrete all over my house and when I talked to the owner about it I was told my house was garbage and the concrete on the wall was already there before any work was done. I was charged 150% of what the original quote was for and I wasn't given a word about how much it would cost until the job was done. Benco then insulted my home saying it's the worst one on the bock.

When inquired about the poor workmanship I was met with hostility. Do not waste your money on Benco Concrete.

Brandon in Toronto
Brandon in Toronto

Savior of my workshop

I had originally written a bad review due to a heat of the moment issue involving a previous contractor who didn't do the job correctly to the city code. Benco has since been following my progress and even reached out to me to see if the issue had been resolved which upon hearing and accepting my apology for my review he offered to help me fix the issue. He originally scheduled to come in 2 weeks after we spoke but had suddenly called me up to see if his guys can start sooner which they did an amazing job in comparison to the previous foundation. The guys were all great and easily communicated what was going on so that I had records of everything.

Joe k in Kitchener
Joe k in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Concrete Contractors

We had a great experience with Benco Concrete Inc this past fall. After hiring another contractor who started the job then disappeared this summer, we felt ripped off and manipulated. We started our search for a new contractor. I bet we called 15 different contractors. They'd either not return or calls or set appointments they wouldn't show up to.
Thank God we found Benco Concrete. When we first called them, the gentleman explained that they were all booked up. After I shared what we'd been through, he said they'd help us, and they did.
They showed up when they said they would. The guys were very polite, hard working, and professional. We finally have our new exposed aggregate driveway. Its absolutely beautiful! We would recommend them 100%

Kerri in Guelph
Kerri in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Do not hire this company

After starting a project 2 months late. The owner was a bully. After ducking out calls for weeks it was only after threat of legal action could we get him to call us back. His workers showed up then disappeared for 3 days. When we asked them why it is because they got a bigger 50,000 job. They left the road on a residential street covered with large piles of stone and dirt on unmarked creating an extremely dangerous situation at night. If you question his work he gets extremely defensive. Ironically the day he finished the job he could not stop calling or texting for payments. The concrete work is scared with leaf impression as they did not cover the area with a tarp.

Lgould in Kitchener
Lgould in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Exposed Aggregate driveway and patio

I had several quotes from companies and decided to go with Benco Concrete for a number of reasons. The salesman was extremely knowledgeable about the various types of finishes and explained the process in detail. You could tell he cared about the quality of his work and making sure I would be satisfied. His pricing was very reasonable as well. He didn’t rush or pressure me into making a decision. I felt confident that they would do the best job and they did. They were on time, the workers were very polite and they made sure my property was left clean. The quality of the job was great!! I would recommend them to anyone. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Bruce Mc in Waterloo
Bruce Mc in Waterloo
4 reviews Kitchener, ON

Patio replacement

This is a challenge from the point of view that the work quality was decent but communication was a challenge. The job started a couple months late and the owner Sheldon kept saying it was because of a wet spring / summer. It's true we did have that but we kept asking when they were coming and he was always a while getting back to us and not very committed. No one can control the weather but when you are getting into 8 weeks late it goes a long way to talk to your clients about getting scheduled. I used to be in the commercial construction business and ran into a lot of trades that were like Benco. Good work, good staff but not so good at the admin / customer relations side. The work was well done and the crew were polite so we are happy with that. It's just too bad the communication was such an effort. If you go with them you should get a good job just try and build something in the contract to say MUST be completed by a certain date.

Looking for Concrete Contractors pros in Strathroy?