Halstead Sofa And Mattress Makers

Ryan84 in Calgary
Ryan84 in Calgary

Highly Recommend for a Custom Mattress

ago-

I discovered Halstead while researching what type of mattress I should purchase on a forum. When a commenter mentioned that I could get a custom mattress for around the same price, or slightly higher than a big name brand, depending on the level of mattress, my interest was piqued. When I found out that big brand mattresses are now built with planned obsolescence and that a Halstead custom mattress lasts 3 times longer (25 years+ for the mattress, about 8 years for the topper), I knew it was a no brainer to spend a little bit more for a superior quality mattress. Throughout the process, Natalie and Martin set up several mattress configurations for my fiancé and I. First, we laid on a pad that mapped where the most pressure was between our bodies and the mattress. Then, Martin and Natalie let us try different modules (there are 6 modules per mattress, head, torso, legs for 2 people – really offers ultimate customization between soft, medium, and firm), cores, and toppers. We spent quite a few hours in total trying to nail down our perfect mattress and Martin and Natalie gave us as much time as we needed.

Our custom Halstead Mattress has been wonderful to sleep on. It feels like a bed at the Four Seasons, and is easy to rotate as you don’t have to flip the entire mattress (just unzip the topper and rotate the individual modules). Also important to us was the fact that we could support a local Canadian business as opposed to giving our money to the big brands which build products that deteriorate after 2 years so you want to buy new mattresses more often.

If you want to buy a superior mattress that is built to last, then I highly recommend Halstead. Thank you Martin and Natalie for a great mattress buying experience. Looking forward to seeing you in 25 years, after we’ve gotten married, had kids, sent them to college, and need a new mattress.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Mattress and bed

We purchased a mattress and upholstered bed. Experienced the same issues many other reviewers did as well. Delays and delays and more delays. Ordered our mattress based on the recommendations they made from the pressure mat thing they had us lay on to tell us which kind of mattress and springs we should get. We both had sore back for weeks so traded in the inserts and they are still uncomfortable. You only get one free exchange, then you have to buy the replacement inserts if you want to switch them out. The pressure mat was clearly not accurate. The upholstered bed is well made, but we ordered it to have nail heads along the edge and it came without. Asked aboutitand they said they were out of stock. Asked when they would be back in stock and they said pretty soon, they would call us. After a couple months of following up, I gave up. Purchased the set 3 years ago and ready to put it in the guest room and buy a new one so we can sleep through the night and wake up in the morning without the aching backs.

Sherry in Calgary
Sherry in Calgary

Sofa bed

This is in follow up to my review from 2 weeks ago. At that time I was very frustrated due to the delays and lack of communication from Halstead regarding the completion of our order. Early in the process we had been given a precise completion date of Nov 6th; yet when Halstead realized that this target could not be met for various reasons, we were neither contacted or advised. As Natalie had identified herself as the Manager and was the person who had been dealing with us, it was her that my husband had been going to to inquire about the status of our order and/or discuss his frustration with the situation. Martin later advised that it was he who should have been advised of any concerns or issues. Why this would be our responsibility, I'm not sure. In all fairness though, once Martin became aware of our frustration and understood our urgency, he quickly responded and priorized our order. Throughout the entire process, both Natalie and Martin were pleasant and professional to deal with and Halstead, I believe, did end up providing us with a top notch product. As the RV sofa bed has not yet been used (as we just received it), hopefully we will feel the same way in days to come. Thanks to everyone at Halstead for all your hard work!!

Review has 1 previous version
vanessa from Calgary
vanessa from Calgary

Custom built sofa

I highly recommend Halstead Sofa & Mattress makers to anyone looking for quality hardwood furniture. My husband and I are extremely happy with our beautiful custom built sofa. The ordering process was easy and the staff is very knowledgeable. My special thanks to Natalie White who is an awesome person who put all her knowledge into a piece. She is very diligent and cares about her customers; she gives you professional advice and helps you to make the right decision. Thank you Natalie !!!
You do have to be patient as a customer (the pieces are built from scratch to specifications), but it's definitely worth the wait. I could not be more satisfied with the quality product and excellent service I received. Truly excellent!!
Vanessa Neira

Terry from Calgary
Terry from Calgary

Mattress

Over promise, under deliver. 3 ring circus that's missing the Ring Master. We went into Halstead on February 21, when there was still snow on the ground and paid in full for a mattress that was promised in 2 weeks. We also paid $300 for 2 pillows that were promised in a week. Several reminder calls later with many returned excuses and many more promises of a speedy delivery that never materialized, we finally got ONE PILLOW over a month later and the mattress 11 weeks later. It is now one month short of a half of a year and we are still waiting for the second pillow. There have been many promises which are now just completely laughable. I don't know how these guys are still in business. Maybe we should have kicked up a fuss, but we aren't the type, we feel that there can be glitches and things do happen etc. However, the fact that we are now going into the fifth month just makes me crazy and now I can chalk it up to bad business. We were told 3 weeks ago that the pillow was in and they were going to deliver it to our home and we. Are. Still. Waiting. In good faith, I cannot or will not recommend this company, this product, or this service to anyone. #snowed #frustratedand disappointed

Andrew from Saskatoon
Andrew from Saskatoon
0 reviews Saskatoon, SK

custom mattress

We needed a custom frame made with a latex mattress after we had researched and became aware of the potential health issues of other types of mattresses. We were going to get a mattress from the US but Martin was very helpful and professional in choosing a custom mattress and designing our frame from a general plan we had. Thanks to Martin for his help. Buying a king size mattress and frame is quite an investment, and the latex mattress has been very comfortable to sleep on with my wife and I both having different firmness 'levels' on either sides of the bed. Martin's advice for the firmness was spot on! We feel very good about supporting a Canadian business. Thank you Halstead.

Sam from Calgary
Sam from Calgary

Mattress

We spent a couple of years looking for a new mattress going to all of the regular furniture stores and mattress stores but we couldnt figure out why we couldnt find something that we were both satisfied with. What we didnt realize is there is world of custom mattress! We are do glad we found Halstead Mattress.

We have been sleepng on a Halstead now for a few months and we love love love it! What we discovered is we could have one mattress and both of us could get what we wanted and needed. Our sides are individual sides both different and in the same mattress. We are no longer waking up with sore hips and shoulders.

Thanks to Martin and his staff on educating us on what we should be sleeping on, we are so much happier now.

Darryl C from Calgary
Darryl C from Calgary

Custom Mattress

Hi, I wanted to let you know we love our new bed, its incredibly comfortable and we don't wake up feeling stiff any more. Good tip on buying the right sheets too, the Coolmax performs exactly as you described.
Thank you for taking the time to answer all our questions and providing a great nights sleep.

More about Halstead Sofa And Mattress Makers

Halstead Sofa and Mattress Makers is a custom manufacturer in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We’re proud to say we’re strictly Canadian-owned and -operated, and since opening our doors in 1989, our team has designed and constructed mattresses and upholstered furniture for people across Canada and into the United States.

Halstead Sofa and Mattress Makers is a story of tradition, integrity and old world craftsmanship. We believe in customization and personalization with each of our products and giving the client the choices to find that perfect piece that they can proudly have in their home.

Re Upholstery - Upholstery - Custom Mattresses
If you have a picture of something you like but need a couple of changes send it to us WE CAN MAKE IT

find out more visit our website
www.halstead.ca