Insulation

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

Tony in Toronto
Tony in Toronto

Attic insulation

Special thanks to the crew from GNI. Tom and Brian were very professional and cleaned up after the job was done. They also took the time and answered my questions. Well done.

Luke in Toronto
Luke in Toronto

Adding Attic insulation.

When we purchased our home we were told by the home inspector that we would need to add insulation in the attic, not relizing that a home built 20 years ago could be so far from code today. We had roughly 8" of insulation our a/c would run non stop day night. We had GNI come in and add an additional 16 inchs on top of what we had and what a difference it makes a/c finally cycles likes its suppossed to and the house is more comfortable then ever. GNI was very clean and prompt job well done and cheaper then another quote we had gotten. Definitely recommend GNI.

Attic in Bradford
Attic in Bradford
0 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Attic insulation

Your guys said they would be here between 12 and 2. They arrived right at 12 which was great for me not having to wait around. They set up the tarps wherever they where going to be and protected everything in the bedroom where the attic is in the closet. They informed me of what they would be doing and approximately how much time it would take. They vaccumed up after themselves, so the house was just as it was when they came in.Tom, Sal and Troy were friendly and professional . All in alla great experience.

Ian in Oakville
Ian in Oakville

Blown In Attic Insulation

I was scheduled to have the insulation installed on a Wednesday morning. When at noon no one had arrived I called the office. There was no one available to speak to. Finally at about 3:30 pm I got a call saying there had been issues and that they would come first thing Thursday morning. At noon no one had shown up so I called the office. No one was available. Then at about 3:30 I got a call saying they could come at 5:00 pm. I said fine, come. At 4:30 pm I received another call saying there was another issue, they were not coming. On Friday they called me to arrange to come on Monday afternoon, which they did. Then the blower broke down and a replacement truck had to be called in. The job that was supposed to take less than 2 hours took 5 days and 4.5 hours (the installers themselves were great). The company offered me a $100 discount and we settled with a $150 discount. It was a lot of inconvenience and I would have been far more satisfied if the company had made an effort to explain their situation and keep me informed about the delays How hard can it be to call the customer and give a reasonable explanation for the difficulties the company is having. Instead, I had to hound them!

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Blown attic insulation install

Professional and easy to do business with. Straightforward process and timely execution through scheduling of estimate to completing the work(adding additional blown insulation in attic). Took steps to protect the room where they entered the attic and cleaned up afterwards. Flexible payment options.

Private User reviews Sarnia, ON

crawl space spray insul.2700

the guys were very efficient , timely , and professional. the work done and the timing gets a 10/10 for this job . however , part of the job was to remove and haul away the old insulation. they did this but put very little effort into clean-up when the job was complete. i had to ask them to please do a quick sweep before they left. the one fellow then did this but broke the lightbulb off in the fixture. there was no offer to go in and replace it even though i said that i would get another bulb. i was the last job before the weekend so i guess they were in a hurry to get on the road. it was only about 2:30

Rick Ireland from Brantford
Rick Ireland from Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Insulate both attics

Showed up promptly for quote which was provided the same day. When workers arrived they covered all flooring area with plastic. On completion of the job the vacuumed all the floor area’s
Very neat and tidy and did an excellent job.
Definitely recommend Great Northern to anyone requiring their services

Ceiling insulation.

Residence is 39 years old with original insulation...nothing added over the years. Took advantage of promotion and GNI contacted us to set up appointment. The team of 3 showed up at the time expected and they went right to work. Worked steadily until blower developed a bit of problem. Promptly fixed and back to work. Done at 2:20 and everything puts away and tidied up. Very pleasant guys...Tom, Bill and Sal. Temp in attic space was over 45 degrees C!
Very happy with the work done.

Thanks
Rob S

Ken
Ken

Miscellaneous work

They fixed our garage door opener that was not working, fixed a ceiling fan that wasn’t working right, built a new platform for my washer and dryer to raise it up higher, patched a bunch of holes in the wall and put on two doorknobs. They also did some heavy lifting for me to take things outside. I had them over for a day. They were very professional, personable, helpful, punctual, reliable, and friendly. The price was kind of a sliding scale thing based on the number of hours, so it averaged about $90 an hour. The guy was pretty much able to handle everything. I went with him to a retail outlet to pick up stuff, and he helped me out there, which I appreciated. He seemed to work really quickly to get everything done, and I had no problems at all. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.