Insulation

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

Norma Brown from Hamilton
Norma Brown from Hamilton

insulating basement and attic

I purchased an old house (built in 1945) that had very little insulation in the attic and none in the basement. I was fortunate to qualify for the energy audit under the full program so a year after I moved in I had arranged for Great Northern Insulation to come out for an estimate.

I had estimates from 3 other companies but the representative from GNI was the most knowledgeable and helpful plus their price was very competitive.

They arrived on time and I was pleased with how quickly the job went. They increased the insulation in the attic from its original R20 value to R50 and did a great job of cleaning up the mess. At the same time, another crew was in the basement putting spray foam insulation in the headers and on the walls. Again they did a great job of cleaning up afterwards.

I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to add some warmth to their home. It has made a huge difference in my heating costs and it is so much cooler in the house in the summer.

Tony B in Brampton
Tony B in Brampton

R12 to R50

I had Peter come by while I had my retrofit grant open in 2009. Price was right, they came when they said, did a great job and cleaned up after themselves.

They were truly a joy to deal with.

Raymond Lung in Markham
Raymond Lung in Markham

Attic Insulation

Looking for putting up insulation on the roof and found this company in home stars. They are not the cheapest but seems have good review. Come to my house the next day for estimate, even though not decide to use them, the guy has been very friendly and gives a lot of advice and good answers. The job is done in quality. Came 2 days as they did not bring enough fiber glass, but they make sure the job is well done. Clean up properly and house is very warm now.

E in North York
E in North York
7 reviews North York, ON

Attic Insulation

Fibreglass insulation blown into attic over existing insulation to achieve R50 value. Crew arrived on time and were very considerate, they worked well, explained what the process involved and cleaned up afterwards. Would definitely recommend Great Northern Insulation

Vil in Hamilton
Vil in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Spray foam underside of cottage

Great Northern Insulation came to our cottage on Lake Erie to spray foam the underside of the house. The crew faced a nasty job. The outside temperature was -4C, the ground was frozen, and before they could spray they needed to remove old fiberglass insulation that housed a dead raccoon, a live raccoon, and a bee hive. The crew worked through the challenges with professionalism and diligence. We are very satisfied with the work completed and now find the cottage much, much warmer and not at all drafty as it was before. I would highly recommend Great Northern Insulation for a spray foam job....we are glad we had the work done. Thanks to the crew, and to Jason in scheduling who worked with us in getting the crew out when the weather co-operated.

Calvin in Oakville
Calvin in Oakville

Attic insulation, sloped ceiling and vertical wall

The salesman, Aaron, answered all questions at the appraisal and later by e-mail; the team showed up on time, very professional and curteous, did a great job; the R62 insulation makes a big difference. Highly recommended. Thank you, Aaaron, Tim and Ben!

Brampton
Brampton

Attic insulation Blown in.

The installers arrived on time and did there best to minimize mess and keep as much heat in the house as possible during the install (the install was during winter.)

While preparing the attic the installers noticed that at some point in the past that an animal had been nesting in the attic however but that it had apparently been cleaned up/kept out properly so I shouldn't worry to much.

Once complete they asked if I would like to inspect the work and assisted me in getting up the ladder to view the work. They then removed there equipment and cleaned up all of the loose insulation that happened to be around. The estimate was exactly on target as was the number of bales they expected to use.

Olivia in York
Olivia in York
5 reviews York, ON

Basement Insulation

We hired this company to insulate our basement. They were excellent. They arrived on time and were very professional. We had some concerns with a section and they returned and added more insulation to that section within a few days no questions asked. We would definitely hire them again in the future.

Mary in Cranston
Mary in Cranston

Insulation Installation

We moved into a new home and called Great Northern Installation Services to insulate our home for us. We chose them because they were recommended to us by a close family friend. They did a great job and were very quick and clean. Overall, an excellent job!

Peter and Tracy Taylor Maxwell in Toronto

Header and attic insulation

We've now used Great Norhtern for insulation jobs on two houses; each time they have listened to our requests, carefully inspected the areas that required work, given us helpful advice, and even talked us out of getting some of the work done, as it would not be cost effective for us. Both times their quote was lower than most others, and when they arrived to do the job they were courteous, quick and tidy. They were excellent, and I would fully recommend them.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.