General Contractors

Petros in Hamilton
Petros in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Attic Insulation

Very satisfied with my attic insulation. The 2 gentleman were very courteous and made every effort to keep their area clean. Hoses used were in dirty condition. I was told truck was equipped with "new construction" hoses.

Christina in Toronto
Christina in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

Attic insulation

I needed my attic insulation done. The crew was polite and willing to explain all steps involved in the process. It made the work clean and easy. Thank you very much.

D. J Taylor in St. Catharines
D. J Taylor in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Attic insulation

Great Northern Insulation
800-265-1914

I contacted Great Northern Insulation on the advice of a contractor friend who has used the company a few years ago on his own home. John Plumstead came down to check out the attic and to give us a quote the very same day we called Great Northern.

Only a couple of weeks later Chris L and Sean M came down and did the attic using the cellulose product . This brought the attic to an R60 from R40. The employees were polite, courteous and efficient . And they even vacuumed the stairs!

We would highly recommend Great Northern Insulation

D.J. Taylor

The team here at Great Northern Insulation is ecstatic to hear such good feedback, and we’re proud to aim to be the best Insulators out there and it's feed back like this that verifies and keeps us going!

Private User reviews , ON

Attic Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is one company you trust. They were professional, as well as courteous and friendly. We had a very drafty condo. As they blew in the insulation I noticed a big reduction. Now the house is draft free and much warmer than ever. I highly recommend everyone should do this and I recommend they should do it with Great Northern Insulation.

Keith in Toronto
Keith in Toronto
1 review Woodstock, ON

Home Insulation

My home is 130 years old and has never had insulation. I contacted GNI for a quote. The sales rep, Matt, was very friendly and knowledgeable. We opted to get spray foam insulation as it would give us the r value in the walls and work best with our home's construction. The installation team, Reinier and Christian, arrived on time the day of installation and did an absolutely fantastic job. Our home is actually warm now and there's no more drafts. We never imagined that a house this age could be retrofitted to be so warm, comfortable, and energy efficient. Our furnace is running a lot less now to keep the house warmer than it was prior to insulating. I can't wait to see how this translates into heating bill savings.

Hi Keith,
We are very pleased to hear that everything went smoothly and that you are already feeling the difference in your home.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Insulation to the Attic , Furnace Room & Hot Water Tank Room

GNI Sales Rep , Sales Mgr & Service Coordinator all helped play their part to arrange for the work on December 11, 2018 , with a cancellation !
The crew of Sean and James were very courteous , professional , did not stop working and even cleaned up after their work which is "unusual" in present day climate .
So much so the Energy Auditor even praised GNI professionalism especially of the R60 Attic insulation "well done" on inspection on Wednesday, December 19 , 2018 , and also took photos .
For me GNI exceeded my expectations and I will recommend them .

We love exceeding expectations! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

Sav in Toronto
Sav in Toronto

Attic Insulation - Cellulose

We bought a house with attic insulation that was R-11 and didn't even reach the top of the 6" joists. Tom and Cohen worked diligently in our low angle roof to give us the R-60 rating we wanted. They were careful, clean and friendly. The job was well done. Thank you!

We will be sure to pass along the message to our crew that you were so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

mark.augustin in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
mark.augustin in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Super Customer Service & Great Pricing

From Kelly in the office, to Alex the estimator and Shawn/James who did the insulation upgrade- first rate professionals who worked flawlessly to get our job done. The fact that they were courteous, thorough and punctual was the icing on the cake. Many thanks to all and we'll see you in the spring for the roofing vents!

Max in Toronto
Max in Toronto

Accommodating, professional, delivering what promised and more

Great Northern Insulation folks exceeded my expectations from every angle of the process: scheduling the appointment was easy, Alex K showed up on time, took the time to measure all things and asked me all the details about what I wanted to have done. The quote came within two days, as promised. Then they were accommodating when I played around with some options, patiently providing revised quotes so that I could see what my new ideas would cost me. After I scheduled the actual work appointment (and making downpayment was a breeze using Bill Payment online) I had to re-schedule to finish some other things on the walls to be insulated. Again - no problem on their end - Kelly was very cooperative, I had options to choose from - no pain whatsoever. A day before the appointment they would remind me of the even - very thoughtful of them!
Then Dion showed up with his crew, right within the timeframe that they promised. They spend good couple of hours wrapping everything in plastic - all my windows, doors, fireplace, even the floor (never mind that this is the subfloor to be covered later, so not a big deal anyways).
They were busy as bees all day long, no fooling around. Cleaned out the spots where the foam would be in the way of drywall, cleaned the joists. I had a few spots where I really needed to put more stuff - so they did. In one low spot under a window I found a place which could use some more foam - they addressed it right away, no prob.
Then they cleaned everything after themselves, swept the floors and removed all plastic from the flors (asked them to keep the windows protected for the next job).
After they left, the next day I reached out to Kelly to settle the balance - it was again very easy using Bill Pay.
Every step of the process was clear, easy and pain-free. The workmanship and the work ethics is what every customer would only dream of. And they were very generous - no bickering about putting a bit more here and there - I felt like I was a close relative of theirs.
Price-wise, I compared the quotes from other vendors - they are very much the same, so I got 5-star treatment for absolutely regular market price, which is amazing.
Best recommendations!

Private User reviews Angus, ON

Good Job

Tom and Brian did a great job. They cleaned up well. Arrived on time and would recommend to friends and family. The guys were professional and friendly. They showed up at the same time Nick said they would.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.