Fire & Water Damage Restoration
920 26 Street NE Calgary AB
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Calgary  >  ServiceMaster Of Calgary

Reviews for ServiceMaster Of Calgary

Gerry Forbes u from Calgary
Gerry Forbes u from Calgary

Water damage to hardwood floors and ceiling

Unbelievably great service, response time and courteous as one could imagine. Job was done superbly and quickly. Couldn’t be more happy. They moved all furniture, packed all contents, patched the ceilings and painted after restoring the hardwood! Just excellent.??

Dave in Calgary
Dave in Calgary

Kitchen asbestos remediation

Insurance co. recommended ServiceMaster for remediation and repair. Remediation completed, crew damaged my new stove, my countertops, my sink. Some kind of dried glue left everywhere on the countertops in addition to the gouges previously mentioned. No line of communication from ServiceMaster to me, just the other way around. We checked back into the house, had to vacuum the floors on the main and upper floor, total cleaning of the bathroom. All this, and they still have to repair all the drywall, paint chips, etc, etc.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Leaking around a skylight

403-287-7700
920 26 Street NE
Calgary
AB

Problem was dripping/leaking around the skylight in master bath that had supposedly been repaired by the builder. Service Master was very prompt at answering my call and sent their service rep out to identify the problem. He was extremely thorough and examined the roof and attic and was able to identify a problem with humidity build up caused by lack of proper ventilation in the original house construction. As this occurred during the winter months, I asked to delay repairs until this summer. Very happy with the service I received and I will be happy to have Service Master do the repair work needed.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Flood damage demolition

Extensive flood damage on three floors. SM took care of everything from cleanup and drying to full demolition to studs. Couldn't have been happier. Timely, efficient, great communications and highly recommend them.

Eddie in Redwood Meadows
Eddie in Redwood Meadows
5 reviews Redwood Meadows, AB

Ceiling repair

I reviewed Servicemaster somewhere last year but I don't see it posted. Now I'm posting this review on a few sites because I really want to warn anybody using this company to find somebody else. STAY AWAY! HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE!!

Last year I had some water damage to my ceiling so my insurance agent hired Servicemaster. First they stripped the old stippling off my ceiling. Because they found asbestos in the stippling they had to be extra careful and set up a shower in my hallway. What I didn't know was that the drain for this shower went to my washing machine drain and they had removed our washing machine drain hose. Our laundry room is on the main floor. After a week of this, they finished the job and we came home that Friday and found we could access that area again. All down one wall the paper from the drywall had been peeled off by the workers. On Saturday my wife did some laundry only to find, after the washing machine had completed the rinse cycle that the workers had not replaced the drain hose so now the basement was flooded. I was out and my tiny wife struggled alone to save our belongings in the basement. She came to get me and I had to return home to call Servicmaster up and they sent a couple of people over to cleanup the mess. This involved ripping up the linoleum, and taking off the baseboards of the laundry room and our main floor bathroom. My wife and I also got to listen to dehumidifiers running for a few days.

Back to the ceiling repairs - after two or three attempts to fix the ceiling and not getting it done properly then they decided to get a ceiling contractor. Why they had to wait to get an expert is beyond me - you'd think they would start with somebody who knew what he was doing. But, no, they had to do two substandard jobs before getting somebody who knows what to do in. They didn't bother telling the ceiling contractor what I was complaining about so,, when he came in and saw the substandard stippling job, he just stripped off the old stipple and did a much better job applying the new stipple. But the problem was they drywall seams were very easily seen - especially in the evening when the ceiling lights were on the cast a raking light over the seams. Once the contractor knew what the problem was, he got it fixed.

Remember the wall that had the paper torn off the drywall? My wife asked the painter that was brought in to estimate the damage if he could paint it a different colour. She was told that was out of the question. When I talked to Servicemaster management about the ripped up linoleum and baseboards, they said that they would replace it with a better quality flooring but ... come time to fill their promise, they said, "no." They would only replace the material with something of the same quality. I would have to pay for anything better. In one way, I can see their point but, after causing us so much trouble, a couple of hundred extra dollars as way of an apology would definitely have been in order. But they did nothing – couldn’t even change the colour of the paint on the wall.

Never once, during the literally months of trying to get a ceiling fixed did Servicemaster management call me. I did receive a few calls from an administrative assistant asking me to sign some forms saying that the job was complete though. Each time I told her that I would sign them when the job was done and told her to pass along to management my problems. But the only conversations I had with their management was one that I initiated. They never came out to see what problems they were having with my house.

Finally, I got so fed up with having their people coming in and out of my house I took a cash settlement and did the work myself. It took two coats of paint to properly paint the wall they damaged. I replaced all the baseboard material and door casings and I did a better job than anything I saw Servicemaster people do. And I did it the first time too. The only good job was done by the ceiling contractor they hired and he was appalled by the work he saw when he came into my house.

I will never hire Servicemaster for anything again.

As a customer service based company we take each concern very seriously. Please know that we review each survey with each team involved to help to continually make any necessary adjustments with our customer service delivery.
This review is on a job we did almost a year ago. Any issues were reviewed and resolved at that time with the homeowner.

Mike from Calgary
Mike from Calgary

Fire damage

After my neighbors garage went up in flames and damaged my garage, Servicemaster was recommended to do the restoration on the damage done to mine. They came in quickly to re-mediate the smell in my garage and have been diligent on scheduling the subtrades as weather permits. Am satisfied with the work done.

Coral Bliss Taylor from Calgary
Coral Bliss Taylor from Calgary

Restoration after fire

403-287-7700
920 26 Street NE
Calgary
AB

Service Master restored my townhouse well, and the place looked good once they were finished, but they made some serious mistakes, seemed to me to take very long to get the job done, and had communication issues. They drywalled over the fresh air intakes for my furnace, which I had to point out to them and ask them to fix. They fixed the issue quickly, but this oversight seems quite serious to me, and really made me question their competence, They didn't bother fixing many of the other issues, for example, they mounted the closet doors crooked, and didn't paint the tops of any doors. Walls had lots of nicks and things like that. So, a decent job in the end, but not great. Finally, They took several months to reconstruct the interior of my small townhouse, which really seems very long to me.

Thank you for your feed back. The customer experience is very important to us and feed back allows us the opportunity to review and improve our services. We agree it was a lengthy and complex process to restore the total interior fire loss of your condo; many delays occurred because of the multiple parties to whom we were responsible. All of our direction for your unit came from the condominium corporation's insurance adjuster and the property managers. With multiple insurance companies, adjusters and property managers involved, the many delays for decisions meant the job took much longer than we (or you) would have liked. At the conclusion of the job, our understanding is that the loss that was authorized by the condominium and the insurance company was completed satisfactorily. If that is not the case, please contact your Project Manager so we can resolve this.

Reid Miller in Calgary
Reid Miller in Calgary
4 reviews CALGARY, AB

water damage in upstairs bathroom

Had a flood in the upstairs bathroom, it leaked into the main flloor and ruined the ceiling and the flooring in the upstairs bedrooms.
They had to call in people to fix this. It was done very nicely, on time and they took great care of us while this was going on. Great job too.

Mrs Miller in Calgary
Mrs Miller in Calgary

Damage

Had a flood in the kitchen, it leaked into the basement and ruined the flooring in the basement, including the ceiling and walls in the basement. It also ruined the base of the island in the kitchen.

They had to call in people to fix this. It was done very nicely, on time and they took great care of us while this was gonig on.

Great job too.

Ben
Ben
12 reviews CALGARY, AB

Flood damage

We had a flood in the bathroom. Service master came out and had a look, reported to our insurance company.
I got the approval but had to fight a bit with Service Master to get them going as I only had a small window of time before tenants were moving in. I begged and pleaded with them to get it done before new tenants came in. It took a lot of calls and emails, but they did it.
They came in tore out the damaged roof, rebuilt the closet, painted the ceiling, fixed it beautifully.
In the end we were very happy, it was a struggle to get them to start the job, but after that it went well.

More about ServiceMaster Of Calgary

ServiceMaster is trained, equipped, and ready to restore your home or business after any disaster - water, fire, smoke, hail, asbestos, mould, vandalism and more. We handle jobs as large as an entire commercial property or as small as a single room. 24 hours/ day, 7 days/ week, 365 days/ ...