Skylight Installation & Repair

8223 31 St. SE
Calgary
AB
T2C 1H9

Mike and Brad came out to identify the cause of a roof leak (roof was done in 2012 by a company no longer in business). Starting in the basement where the leak was coming down the waste stack suggested the leak was a flashing problem. Inspection on the roof confirmed the issue. A few days later they were back with the materials needed to fix the problem. I appreciated their attitude, expertise and comprehensive fix of the problem. I am really pleased with Sunik Roofing and their employees!

Fred I apreciate your review. We value our employees, Mike and Brad are acomplished leak trackers, and know their roofing. Thank you for choosing Sunik Roofing to compleat your project Warmest Regards. Nick Sims

Gord in Calgary
Gord in Calgary

Roof shingle replacement

Good shingle replacement and good advice before the work began (e.g. what to do with some eavestrough problems). Work site kept very tidy and no nails found on the driveway.

Thank you Gord for your review, and choosing Sunik to compleat your project. Warmest Regards Nick Sims

Voicegal in Calgary
Voicegal in Calgary

403-280-2803
8223 31 St. SE
Calgary
AB
T2C 1H9

"Well, hubby did all the research, and there's a reason why Sunik came up so often in BBB searches. Fast, professional -- and they *get it* that having your rood redone is disruptive and messy. They do their best to minimize the trauma to the house and people living in it. They were the best prepared of the three roofers we called for an estimate, had the best "presentation", and were the most professional. They submitted aerial photos of our house, showing us the damage and areas of wear. They gave us a list of houses nearby to go check out the various types and colors of roofs.They stuck to the price, the deadline, and they even schedule subsequent visits to make sure every nail and scrap of material is cleaned up. (Not all roofers are that conscientious: We've had neighbors get their roofs done with other companies, who have let the packing materials just drift all around the neighborhood.) It's not a purchase that people plan for (and it's not cheap!) but Sunik did a fantastic job, and we would easily recommend them without hesitation.

Thank you so miuch for your wonfewrfull review. Warmest Regards. Nick Sims

Shane in Martindale
Shane in Martindale

Reroofing a single home

Sunik dropped off material a week ago, and then called last week to let us know they would be starting on the weekend. They came in and started Sunday while we were away. They came back and finished up in a couple of hours on the Monday. I can't say enough how impressed I am with Sunik. Their cleanup was fantastic, their people are very friendly, and the house looks great with the new shingles. Thank you Sunik!

Roof

Our experience with Sunik was fantastic. Nicholas as the salesperson is very responsive and knowledgable. The roofers themselves were very professional and fast. They work well as a tea m. Every thing was completed on time with everything clean everyday before they finished. . Make sure to get females on the crew. They are fast and flexible and strong.

Thank you for your review. Nicholas and all of our estimators are provincially certified Journeymen roofers. At Sunik Roofing we believe in education. Our female roofers are hard working and very capable, and you are correct very strong. Thank you for choosing Sunik Roofing to complete your roofing project. Nick Sims President And CEO Sunik Roofing

white in Calgary
white in Calgary

downspouts

I contracted Sunik Roofing to replace my roof and also replace the downspouts on the east side of my house. The roofing crew subcontractor did a stellar job in just one day. Clean up was great and done right away. It was well worth the >$6,000 I paid for the job.

I cannot say the same for the replacement of the down spout. The total materials used were 53feet of straight down pipe, 4 elbows and 4 straps. A small hole was cut into the fence to accommodate the downpipe. At retail cost the materials as far as I can see was roughly $122. The job cost me $498.00 for apprentice roofers from Sunik to install the 53feet of pipes and 4 elbows.
The crew left the pre-existing aluminium straps screwed to the retaining wall and unprepared with the proper tools to cut a hole in the fence. I loaned them a coping saw and drill to complete the cut.
The Sunik Roofing sign is still on the street out in front of my house 6 weeks later.

Thank you for your review, we value your comments and your patronage.

Regarding your eavestroughing, I understand that you are looking at the cost of material only. Which can be very deceiving as there are many other costs associated with this job that you may not be taking into consideration.

For instance, our Estimator puts time into matching the colour, measuring the troughs and writing up the contract.

Our project manager then orders the material and notifies the customer.

Then there is a pick up from the supplier and delivery of the product to the job.

Also there is the labor involved for the removal of the old downspouts, installing new downspouts, elbows and strapping, cutting holes in the fence, the clean up and hauling the old downspouts to the recycler. We also have to write safety hazard reports for each individual job.

In addition add cost for insurance, workman's compensation, fuel and incidentals. The breakdown $140.00 material $75 to pick up and deliver, $75 to dispose and haul away $75 for labour $65 for insurance, workman's compensation & incidentals and $20 GST.

So the actual cost to Sunik to do this job was $430.00.

As you can see our mutually agreed price was very fair. Our profit on this job was approximately 12% or $65.00.

We will be out before week’s end to remove our sign and remove the straps that we missed.

Once again thank you for choosing Sunik Roofing and giving us a chance to explain the costs in this forum.

Regards,
Nick Sims / President CEO

geoken
geoken

New roof on house.

Efficient, quick, good clean-up, courteous. Wonderful job overall. Great value and very satisfied. Also, will do follow-up and post- inspection. Office staff and crews are excellent to deal with and are customer-focused.

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunik Roofing, Our team of professionals are at your service, Thank you for choosing Sunik.
Regards Nick

Mark in Calgary
Mark in Calgary

re roof of garage and house and eves trough the garage just hire them you won't regret it

Marcus is a credit to your company , from contacting me to set up the contact meet that I requested and never got back to him for to his flexibility to meet with us on the Saturday to finalize. Tina contacted me far earlier than I expected to start the job, witch was great . The crew I had ( look up file can't remember name) just fantastic, they even worked though the worst wind Calgary has seen in many years I thought the would have shut down but no. house and eves done in 3 days. Even the glitch with the wrong shingles handled great and we got the bonus of keeping the upgraded shingles, ( not the companies fault the distributor made the
mistake.)
I only got the one quote and I may have saved money but I knew I was going to get the service, and I will pay for that any day.
the job looks fantastic and I am very pleased to be a customer of sunik.
this is a company that does what it says and stands behind it.

Mark, thank you for the wonderful review! At Sunik Roofing we believe in giving excellent customer service. It starts with a detailed estimate so the customer knows the scope of work and what to expect. Our team endeavors to give a complete quote so there are no surprises or extra billing at the end of the project. All of our estimators are provincially certified Journeymen. Having been in business for over 27 years, this gives us the knowledge and experience to get the job done right. Thank you for your confidence, and for choosing Sunik Roofing.

Nick Sims

Re-Roof House

Assisted Review

Hi,

Elliott finished up our roof yesterday, we are so pleased with the outcome, the house looks fantastic.
We would like to thank your team for the outstanding work, from the back office staff, the gentleman who provide the quote, to your installer Elliott.
Elliott is a professional, punctual, always in a good mood, organized and very efficient.
He started early every morning, worked throughout the day, cleaned up and left for the day.
Elliott is true asset to your organization.
Thanks again!

Darren and Sabine

Hi Darren & Sabine
Thanks for your review. We agree Elliott is a true asset to our Company, Elliott comes from a family of roofers and learned his trade very young. "Elliott Knows Roofing". He has great work ethic truly cares about his job's. Thanks for choosing Sunik Roofing to complete your roofing project.
Nick Sims

More about Sunik Roofing

Sunik Roofing Calgary/ Airdrie has been building a business based on introducing innovations and becoming a leader in the sloped roofing sector since 1989. We have a commitment and dedication to excellence. Our skilled tradesmen are specialists in their field, using only approved materials from reputable manufacturers. Sunik Roofing specializes ...