Harvester Kitchen Baths Floors & More

Tile & Stone Retailers
3245 Harvester Road Burlington ON L7N3T7
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Burlinton  >  Harvester Kitchen Baths Floors & More

Reviews for Harvester Kitchen Baths Floors & More

Ann Selley in Milton
Ann Selley in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Kitchen and Bath reno

My story is very similar to the ones that you have read above. You can never reach anybody about problems, work was incomplete and of very poor quality. They continually promise to do things and don't follow through .Ater 6 months ,we eventually just gave up and abosrbed the loss. One of their subcontractors threatened to put a lien on our house because he hadn't been paid by Harvester. We had to get a lawyer.

D in Burlington
D in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Finish basement

I hired Harvester Kitchen and Bath to finish my basement. Everything started okay but after paying $30,000 no one was coming to complete any work. My calls were never answered so I went down to talk with owners. Many explanations were given : staff sick, staff left, staff hurt, staff on other sites. I patiently waited from April till July . I then had a letter promising to complete the work by Oct which is 7 months total time since starting but still Oct 31 came and went. I was told there was no money > I was left with framed, insulated , drywall and subfloor but no bathroom , no fireplace, no floor, no doors, no lights just bare walls and ceiling. I didn't understand why after all the money I gave them this was all I had to show for it. I came to a point where I found yes I could walk away at a loss unfortunately. Here is hoping my new contractor will finish my basement and go a great job.

Jim in Oakville
Jim in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

Kitchen Renovation

We booked Harvester to renovate our kitchen in December 2010 for about $30,000 and put down a deposit at the time. We were told it would start in about 2 months and be completed in 3 to 4 weeks.

After about 30 phone calls and e-mails, the job was started in May 2011. They went in ripped out the cabinets, extended the bulkheads, then left for about 3 weeks. We had asked for a two tone cabinet, one wall dark and the rest cream... but they did all the cabinets dark. They said that they would reimburse some of our money if we accepted all the dark cabinets... which we agreed to do but they did not give us a dime back.

Another 20 phone calls and emails...almost all unanswered... or we got the receptionist who couldn't answer any questions. Finally them came back and installed the cabinets and shelves. We paid them more money as specified in the contract... which they took from our visa twice... Again numerous phone calls to get the money back off them but always an excuse..."the money is in our visa machine but you can't get in back till we run more through it" - this was not true when we contacted VISA directly them reimbursed the money plus accrued interest in 2 business days...

They always would not install the cabinet doors which they said they had since the granite was not installed. After talking with several contractors we found out that this was not true since they can install the doors anytime. We picked out the granite and were expecting to get it installed by Harvesters subcontractors but the subcontractors refused to work with Harvester... so they brought in another subcontractor who again refused to work with Harvester. So we resorted to paying the subcontractors ourselves to get the granite installed.

So now we have cabinet frames, backsplash, sink and granite, so we ask Harvester to install the doors... but they don't have them ... they have to contact several suppliers to get the doors but they refuse to supply Harvester. At this point we fire Harvester and get out key back.

We have a half finished kitchen and have spent about $17000. So we contact another highly recommended company to help us finish the kitchen. They come in and look at the work and cannot believe how poor the work is. One of their first comments was that we should sue Harvester. They quote is new doors for about 60% of what we still would have to Harvester to complete the kitchen. There are numerous pieces that they need to remake since Harvester did such a poor job on the original install. The work was completed in 3 weeks in a professional manner with great customer service by the new contractor.

I would never recommend Harvester for any work to anyone I know. They are probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. We logged over 120 phone calls, emails and personal visits to their showroom (many times no one was present). After our effort, we still could not get them to complete the work.

GARLOUGH in Burlington
GARLOUGH in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

kitchen renovation

This has been a total disaster. No schedules ever met, poor workmanship, much rework required. Owners now admit they have no money to buy the materials to complete. Project now past 10 weeks and no hope is site. Harvester KItchens has been removed from the project.

Ron in Oakville
Ron in Oakville
6 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

First floor reno (one stop shop)

Ceramic tiles removed (walls were damaged in this process and not repaired), we had to live in house during reno, house was not even barriered off, we had to do it ourselves (not in contract), sweaty men wiping hands all over our newly paited walls and doors, blood sprayed on walls and not cleaned. Vanity installed 4 times by a handyman, not a plumber, no wonder it leaked every time. "we do not hire outside help" but 3 men aggreed they were sub workers. Sales man answered phone "evertime" prior to our contract, after payment, phone calls were never answered. Even 8 months after, sink leaked again and it took 3 months to have replacement done, which I had to pick up and install myself.... terrible service. Now our hardwood floor installed is shhrinking and splitting, no sense even calling for help, they wont follow up...

P Hopwood-Jones in Burlington
P Hopwood-Jones in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen and bathroom and laundry renovations

A job that was supposed to take four weeks took 13 months. The wrong floor was installed and had to be removed. In both the kitchen and the powder, the wrong sinks were installed and had to be changed. Our car was damaged by the delivery truck. However, the workmanship is quite good once it was finally done.

Upper Middle & Appleby Line
Upper Middle & Appleby Line
2 reviews Burlington, ON

basement finishing, bathroom

Upon finding this hidden gem of custom contractors in Burlington, Richard and the team planned to finish my basement with exceptional space utilization from initial consultation to design to finish. These guys are straight shooters who are trustworthy and competent.
As custom fabricators of most finishing products like cupboards and cabinetry, Richard and Paul, will not steer you wrong with any home reno or upgrades and do not use any sub-contractors through the project.