Ben's Appliances

Belva Lee from Burnaby
Belva Lee from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Refrigerator

I have bought appliances from Ben's for over 25 years. The staff from delivery (Kevin), sales (Joe and Russ) and repair (Ken) are extremely service oriented. I always recommend Ben's to my friends. It's also nice to support local business when they are competitive.

Thank you for your support and loyalty. It's always a pleasure doing business with you. - Matt & Joe

Robert Lee from Surrey
Robert Lee from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Fridge

Ordered a Maytag fridge. Was told it would come last Tuesday, which worked as I was heading out of town two days later. Got a call Tuesday morning telling me the fridge was delayed and would not be delivered on Thursday. My wife changed her plans in order to be home Thursday afternoon for the delivery. Ben's employees showed up and took the new fridge out. He then looked over the stairwell and told my wife that he'd be unable to get the new fridge in. My wife asked him if he wasn't at least going to try. They "tried," and said they couldn't do it. He then asked my wife if she wanted our old fridge put back!!!! After putting it back, the door didn't close properly so my wife had to ask him to fix it. I got a call from the store while out of town alerting me to the failed delivery. Ben's decided to refund the purchase rather than have the $1800 fridge delivered by more competent deliverymen. I then went to a competitor and ordered a frdige that was identical in width and depth and three inches taller that the one that couldn't be delivered by Ben's. It was delivered this morning as promised, and the men had no problem bringing it in. In response to Ben's reply - The stairs are not spiral. There are 10 laminate stairs straight up and a 90 degree corner of two additional stairs. Interesting that the other company was able to take the old and new fridges up and down the stairs without taking off the doors....

The customer ordered a refrigerator on a Thursday with the delivery being Tuesday. The shipment from the US was delayed 2 days and the customer was notified. Thursday afternoon was the best time for the customer after the delay. At the time of the delivery we disassembled the old refrigerator and took it out. After disassembling the new larger refrigerator the delivery team thought it would be too dangerous to bring it up a steep set of wooden stairs with a 90 degree turn. We then put the old refrigerator back together and put it back in place fixing a door seal that wasn't allowing the door to close when we put it on. We communicated to the customer who wasn't home that we had to walk away from the delivery and gave him a full refund. The customer was understanding at the time and we recommended he purchase a refrigerator from another store. **edited in relation to stairs**

Jo Chow from New Westminster
Jo Chow from New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Maytag Fridge

Well Ben's, you did it again. Great service. That's why I keep coming back to you. Nothing wrong with your products, it's just I keep moving. I need my Maytag. Delivery (Kevin) the best.

Thanks, Kev always has great things to say after he delivers appliances to your house. - Matt

Prudence M Reber from White Rock
Prudence M Reber from White Rock
1 review White Rock, BC

6 appliances

I have just purchased 6 appliances. Delivery was timely and efficient. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. For all your appliance needs I recommend Ben's Maytag for quality and service.

Christine tachauer from Langley
Christine tachauer from Langley
1 review , BC

Washer/dryer

February 13th washer died, February 14th thanks to Ben's, new washer/dryer with "fancy" stack kit, very professionaley installed!! Did it all over the phone....great, great, exceptional service!! Would highly recommend their services...polite, friendly, knowledgeable, fast, reliable....the list could certainly go on!! Thanks guys, its working great!!

L.B. in New Westminster
L.B. in New Westminster
5 reviews Kelowna, BC

Replacing filters for Rangehood

We have placed two orders to replace filters (grease and charcoal) for our Kitchen Aid Rangehood. The first time they did not order the part # we provided for the filter we wanted. We kept the filter that did arrive because it was the other filter the rangehood required. The second order I placed, I called to follow up 3 weeks later and they had forgotten to order the parts. When the order did arrive, one of the filters was the wrong part. They are nice enough, but seem a little too laid back about their business. I dont recommend this business if you dont want to be following up constantly. I dont mind but it is a pain because we dont live close by.
March 7/13 - This company saw my review and contacted me to resolve the issue in a timely fashion. I commend them for taking my concerns seriously and behaving in a professional manner. I will definately be going back!

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for your patience and taking the time to edit your review. We'll see you next time! :)

Paul H from Surrey
Paul H from Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

Maytag Washer/Dryer

We Purchased a stack-able washer/dryer from Matt at Ben's Maytag. Right when we walked into the store, the environment and service was amazing. There are so many options and products out there, making it difficult to pick the right one. Matt showed us a couple to choose from that would fit our needs. We're very satisfied with our choice and the units.
Even the delivery was great, the guys were kind and courteous, plus they were very clean and didn't damage anything with the installation. It looked like a lot of work to get those units up three floors in our townhouse.
We would definitely buy from them again!

shinead from Port Mann
shinead from Port Mann
1 review Port Mann, BC

Kitchen Appliances

Ben's Maytag store is great; Matthew dealt with us directly and made sure all our appliances were fitted perfectly. The service is exceptional from start to finish and the employees are personable and knowledgeable about the product.

Dori in Vancouver
Dori in Vancouver
6 reviews Surrey, BC

new appliances

Most of my appliances have come from Ben's. They are very knowledgable and friendly. When I recently purchased a wall oven and cooktop from Ben's they were willing to price match with their competitors. Their service has always been exceptional. I would highly recommend them.

More about Ben's Appliances

Bens Appliance started as an appliance repair and sales shop that served Surrey and surrounding areas in 1962. As the area grew this family owned and operated store managed to open its doors to more and more families from all over the Lower Mainland. Fast forward more than 50 years and Ben’s Maytag Store continues to excel in what they’re good at; Great service, strong products, a professional staff and competitive prices.

Being that we “Service what we sell” you can feel at ease with your purchase, knowing that the store where you purchased your appliance is also the store that can answer all your product related questions, or even service your appliances if the need arises. We sell a number of brands including Maytag, Whirlpool, Jennair, Kitchenaid, Panasonic, Amana and Inglis, brands that we feel carry the most value when it comes down to price, reliability, and features. Our prices are very competitive, so you can be confident that you’re always getting a great deal. After your appliance purchase, you can expect a speedy delivery and installation by our very own installation staff who will deliver, install and takeaway your old appliances.

If you’re interested in purchasing an appliance, or even curious to “See what’s out there”. Come visit us at the store, we would be happy to show you around.

Ben’s Maytag Store strives to provide no non sense customer service, great products and same to next day appliance repair for families around the lower mainland.

We have been selling and repairing appliances since 1962, family owned and operated to this day. Please don’t hesitate to call and discuss your next project with us. (604) 581-4307

Please see information applicable to our business below:

We sell the following Appliances:

· Venmar

· Broan

· Nutone

· Panasonic

With regard to the sale of new appliances we:

· Service and repair everything we sell

· Guarantee lowest prices

· Offer full installation on all appliances from our factory trained staff

· No pressure Sales staff

We repair the following appliances:

Refrigerators / Fridges / Freezers
Dishwashers / Dishwasher Drawers
Microwaves / Over the range or Built in
Garburators / Disposers
Gas Operated Ranges & Dryers
We perform repairs in the following areas:

Langley, BC
Port Coquitlam, BC
Port Moody, BC
Burnaby, BC
Richmond, BC
We repair and service the following brands:

Whirlpool