Dan's Discount Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
199 Victoria Street South Kitchener ON N2G2C1
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Kitchener  >  Dan's Discount Windows & Doors

Reviews for Dan's Discount Windows & Doors

RICK from Kitchener
RICK from Kitchener
4 reviews Kitchener, ON

Great Product , Great service

I shopped around for a new front door and I wasn’t having any luck . My friend recommended that I try Dan’s Discount. What a great place! So much better then the Big Bix stores. You get helped right away from someone that knows what they’re talking about. I was surprised by how much cheaper it was too! All my nieghbour complimented me on how nice it looks.... thanks DAN’S

Kate Conyard from Waterloo
Kate Conyard from Waterloo
4 reviews Waterloo, ON

Window Installation

Barry came out and gave us quote for 4 basement window installs in November. The windows were installed yesterday and we couldn't be more pleased. The installers were friendly and professional and cleaned up the area removing all traces of garbage. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant and helpful and went out of their way to make a winter window install a great experience. Thank you Dan's!

Skippy in Kitchener
Skippy in Kitchener

Installation

I had a patio door and window installed from Dans. The 2 installers that came out we very professional and efficient the finished product looks flawless. I will definitely recommend Dans Discount Windows And Doors to everyone that needs a high quality product and professional installation. Thanks Dave and Kenny!

Vicki in Kitchener
Vicki in Kitchener

All windows

I have been attempting to work with Dan's since the middle of October. Below is a recap that was sent to their Vice President:
I received a quote from Barry for the three basement windows in July. Via email I informed him that we would want the windows but not until after all the outdoor renovations were completed due to flooding in my basement from poor weeping tiles and the one window being concealed (by previous owners whom did not inform me).
On October 10, 2015 I emailed Barry for a quote for the rest of the windows. I believe Jason called October 12th or 13th for a revised quote as I had not heard from Barry. Over the course of a few phone calls Jason was able to get someone out on the 19th or 20th (Jason's email does not have a copy of quote. It may have gotten lost in the servers while we were out of the country... frown emoticon sorry). Jason was told 1-3 days for the quote. Jason called on the 23rd as we were leaving the 24th for Jamaica and still no quote. Dave was the estimator and not in the office. The woman on the phone had no answers.
When we were back on the 1st of November there was no quote. Between the 2nd and 8th Jason tried contacting Dave a few times to no avail. Finally on the 9th a woman gave Jason a verbal quote of 4200 plus hst. This number was a bit high as Dave had told Jason when he was here that Dan's always beats Canadian Choice Windows quotes. The woman told Jason to talk to Dave via email to see if he could do better. Jason emailed him on the 9th and David's response was that he would get back to him later that day. On the 11th Jason emailed him again and David's response was once again that he would get back to Jason by the end of the day and sorry for the delay. Jason called on the over the course of 10th and 11th as well. This is when he asked for a manager and talked to Steve. Steve was supposed to get back to him on the 10th I believe as on the 11th he was gone for the by 430. The other person Jason talked to on the 11th, apparently a manager but Jason didn't catch his name, said he would pretty well tell Steve to get a resolution. Still no call back. Which brings us to today and both Jason and I talking to James (called just a few minutes apart unaware).
I hope this helps put the story into an easy to follow order. Overall, we had chosen to disregard the other quote as we thought you were competitive in price and we liked the idea of supporting Kitchener businesses, as well as your 'reputable' name....as I said on the phone earlier, this has not been a very good demonstration throughout this interaction thus far frown emoticon. There is more work to be contracted out in the next year and whomever completes the windows, granted the workmanship is sound, will receive the doors in the house, interior and exterior.
------------------------------
This email was sent Monday November 16th and it was answered promptly with a new quote matching not only the same the competitor in terms of service but also their window sizes (not that they were off by much but that wasn't the purpose of Dan's seeing the quote). Upon asking about the changes to window sizes and what Dan's would offer for the extremely disappointing overall processes, they FINALLY answered me today (after I emailed them every day seeking a resolution). They will not provide any compensation for their failures in customer service or timeliness and did NOT answer ANY of my questions.
Needless to say, we are clearly NOT using them nor will we EVER refer them.

Armudd from Kitchener
Armudd from Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Door with plastic pieces, poor (recommended) installation

Replaced my winter door, that was functional, but I wanted a modern and colored door. The door come with plastic pieces and the recommended guy for installation (K) did a very poor job. I have a "finger" space between the door and the frame at the bottom of the door. Called the guy that keeps giving dates to come and fix that, but never shows up. I will never use this company again since I can't fully trust their job. Considering to have somebody else to fix the work.

Brett Vandermey from Kitchener
Brett Vandermey from Kitchener
3 reviews Kitchener, ON

New Entry Door

Barry came out to do the initial consultation and estimate. Very thorough explanation of options and products, as well as the installation services available. We decided to go with the entry door and have Dan's install it. We are very happy with the end result. The installation was done quickly, and cleanly and the new door looks great. Dan's was not the cheapest quote we received but their price was very reasonable and they stand behind their products and installation services. We were so pleased with the front entry door that we have decided to go back and purchase a rear entry door. Would highly recommend.

Mike from Guelph from Guelph
Mike from Guelph from Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Shutters

Great installers, horrible sales service. Ordered in early June, received wrong blind early August. Reordered and got correct blind at the end of October. Almost 5 month lapse. I had to follow up all the time, they never called to give me any updates or any answer other than it may be here this week.
The Discount must apply to low service as well as low prices.

Ted Gaudun from Kitchener
Ted Gaudun from Kitchener

Window replaccement

Dan's Discount Windows & Doors
1-877-579-1994
199 Victoria Street South
Kitchener
N2G2C1

By coincidence I had a well respected renovation contractor inspecting damage done in a recent storm and showed him my estimate for my window replacement. He was genuinely impressed by the detail of my written estimate and the quality of the window replacement and the price!
The office staff on our first contact were friendly and very helpful. We asked for and received a timeline of five weeks from our deposit date.
The installers Dave and Rejean couldn't have been any nicer, more professional, efficient or conscientious. The job was superb, the window trim inside and the outside was extremely well done . The results were beautiful! Done in one day and well cleaned up

Ted G

Dave from Kitchener
Dave from Kitchener

New windows

I had Dan's come to quote on my main floor windows. They sent the new guy to measure first, then the supervisor came to double check. Both recorded the same measurements. My windows arrived on time and the installers showed up accordingly. Thank goodness the installers are top notch and they pre-measured the windows and the openings before starting the removal because the windows ordered were too small by 2" for whatever reason. Rather than assuring me 'its fine' and 'they'll work anyways' the installers and the supervisor both said, I'm sorry, but you're best to wait for us to order you new ones. People make mistakes, good people correct them and they don't BS their way out of it. I was offered preferential treatment going forward and I can honestly say I'm very happy I decided to deal with Dan's! We will be calling them next year for our second floor windows!!

Eric
Eric
6 reviews Kitchener, ON

Windows Installation

This was a nightmare. Do not trust Dave B!
I ordered 42 custom windows from Dans. Dave promised they would be installed in 6 to 8 weeks max. Timeline was very important for this project. The windows took almost a year to be installed, although they were in stock since the 6th week! This company take much more jobs than it can handle, and locks customers with an advance of 50%, which covers more than the price of the materials. The installation was so poorly done that I had to hire another company to fix the problems which was in total more costly than hiring a honest company. Dave did not return my calls.
Finally, the quality of Dan's windows is significantly below other manufacturers, which costs are not much more expensive than Dan's.
Avoid this dis-honest company!

More about Dan's Discount Windows & Doors

DIY or Get It Installed by The Region's Largest Stock of Exterior Doors and Windows Company. TEXT pricing to 76000 to request a callback or call 1-877-579-1994