Pro Home & Building Inspections Inc

Home Inspection
23-20 Wertheim Court Richmond Hill ON
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Richmond Hill  >  Pro Home & Building Inspections Inc

Reviews for Pro Home & Building Inspections Inc

Mehdi in Toronto
Mehdi in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

NEVER TRUST THESE GUYS

These guys never submitted the energy audit form to Enbridge, after several calls and emails, they are not responding now. 7 months passed and no thing gained. I strongly suggest you to avoid this company.

Post energy audit

Absolutely no sense of responsibility. After multiple voice messages and emails, company still haven't sent the post-energy audit that was completed 2 months ago.

I contacted Enbridge as well for help but there's nothing they can do.

Buyer Beware! Stay away at all cost

We used Pro Home for the pre and post audits as part of the Enbridge Home Energy Upgrade incentive program and I want to avoid writing this long angst ridden review, so I'll stick to the facts to why this company deserves 0 out of 10 stars.

After the first (pre-)audit, the results/report took over two months to get to us and it was only after we called them did they look into where it was in the queue. However, even then it took two follow-up phone calls to finally get the report mailed to us. The report itself looked dated and unprofessional. I had no idea what $250 had paid for. It border on mickey mouse and/or unprofessional for 2017. After this horrible experience, we were dreading having to go back to the same auditor, so we called Enbridge to see if we could switch to a different provider and they said we could not - the pre and post auditor had to be the same. So we reluctantly scheduled our last (post-)audit and same thing happens again, only this time worse. After the audit, Andre advised that it would take about 2-3 months to complete the report and send the results directly to Enbridge. This was in Sept 2017. We waited until Jan 2018, after no word from them, to call and ask yet again where things were. Only this time absolutely no one responded to our emails and phone calls. We even desperately tried calling Andre to see if he could help. No answer there. It honestly seemed like this company ran with our money at this point, so we tried Enbridge party because they were the ones who told us we had to use the same auditor and also because this vendor is listed as a preferred "Registered Energy Advisor". Sure enough when Enbridge looked-up our account it appeared Pro Home had finally submitted our results a few days ago after we had called.

So summary of this experience, Pro Home is:
a) Unprofessional and lacks complete customer service
b) Only does something when you call and chase them for it
c) Unresponsive and/or rude when someone does pick up the phone
d) Not recommended at all cost - stay away

GTB
GTB

Energy Rebate a complete failure

Had a pre-inspection and post-inspection done by a representative (K.W) of Pro Home & Building Inspections (PHBI) after upgrading my furnace and air-conditioner . I was promised that the energy rebate would be received in about 3 months. 3 months went by and I inquired at Enbridge, who said they had not recieved the post audit from PHBI even though it was done 3 months prior. Several attempts to reach PHBI by phone had no response. Emails to PHBI bounced back as an invalid recipient. Finally, after 5 plus months, my rebates were issued, but not without my correspondence with Enbridge. Based on my experience, I do not recommend Pro Home & Building Inspections, and I would be cautious of anyone associated with them.

WORSE COMPANY I DEALT WITH

The inspector Andre came in did our second audit and its been three months and when we called Enerbridge they mentioned that they havent even received our second audit.
The inspector just says it will take 3-4 months. At this point I am just hung in the air. Their office no one replies and once the Lady REPLIED SHE WAS RUDE AND DIDNT CARE.
NO ONE CARES HERE AND I WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH THEM.
IF YOU GET REFERRED BY A SHAWN FROM ANOTHER CO. GUY TO THIS COMPANY. BEWARE!

Home Energy Conversation program for Enbridge

The post audit report not sent to Enbrdige for more than 3.3 months now. Would never recommend them.
I dont understand how it can take this much time to submit a post audit report. Thanks to them my check for >$1,000 is now held up.

Energy audit

Andre came out for an energy audit as part of a rebate program, and was very helpful on explaining what improvements would result in energy savings and the best improvements for bang-for-buck.

EC from Toronto
EC from Toronto
6 reviews North York, ON

Home Energy Audit

I can concur, phone lady is rude, impatient and rarely returns voicemails. Not very helpful at all. Criticizes just about everyone else and is the voice of authority for all things. Arrogant and self-centered. I regret ever working with them.

Many errors on the report, they failed to correct, making all sorts of excuses. Plenty of other inspectors and auditors out there. Cheaper ones with much friendly service available. Should be Amateur Home and Building Inspections.

HH in Markhaml3p
HH in Markhaml3p

energy audit

My furnace guy referred this company to me because this company's business is home inspection, thus not like some companies that if you are not using their product, they may not show up for the 2nd visit.

Their price is among the lowest and the waiting time is reasonable. Luciano, who was the inspector for the 1st audit, was very professional and nice. He took time to explain things to me and very patient. I would have no problem dealing with him personally.

However, when I called the company for some questions , even for booking the 2nd visit, the customer service was terrible. First of all, I had to call and left several messages to get my 2nd time inspection (the 2nd book is an automated voice mail system). Secondly when I had some questions, the lady who answered the phone was rude, impatient, and was no help at all.

I believe that you probably would get the same report from any qualified inspector including Pro Home. However, I don't want to deal with them because of the poor customer service. If you don't mind about that, then they are OK.

Kevin from Toronto
Kevin from Toronto

Energy audit

Just had my energy audit conducted by Ralph at Pro Home & Building Inspections and had a great experience. He was very friendly and knowledgeable, and did a thorough job in evaluating the house and suggesting improvements. He was clear throughout the whole inspection process and made sure I understood and had asked all my questions before moving on. I also like the fact that Pro Home's inspectors have engineering backgrounds and certs.