A new mattress was bought with the 90 day exchange warranty should my wife and I not like it.
Re: Queen Mattress “Kingsmere” bought on Dec 14, 2007, to be exchanged with a softer mattress “Deville”. Here what was sent to Mattress mart and the BBB.
To whom it may concern,
Now concerning the facts:
• The new mattress has been delivered on December , 2007. The delivery persons had laid the mattress on the bed and had not at any time check the mattress to assert it was free of any defects. Upon my return from work, I noticed a few marks on the side of the mattress but did not pay much attention to it at that time. I immediately have put my protective envelope on my mattress.
• After trying the mattress for a few days, my husband and I realized that it was too firm for us and we needed slightly softer one. We waited until Christmas and the holiday Season have passed to inform Mr. Karam of our intention to change the mattress for our health comfort.
• In fact, on January 18th, 2008 we paid a visit to your St Laurent store and Mr. Karam assured us that the warehouse would be calling us to arrange for a delivery date. After one week of waiting my husband called the store again and left a message to which we never had any response. I called back a few days later and they assured me that the exchange will be done on Monday January 28, 2008.
• In fact, that Monday, the delivery guys were there but refused to take back the mattress pretending that a blood stain was on it.
• Surprisingly such meticulous inspection had not been made on the first delivery which was done fast and in a hurry way.
• Furthermore, the so called blood stain can be found all around the mattress at the same height. It appears to be more an imperfection in the material rather than a stain. For I ask myself, how can a stain could appear exactly at the same place, at the same height all around. Surely we could not have done this on purpose. Also how can someone by looking at it for 2 seconds can determine that it is blood?
• Nevertheless, it is disappointing to see your after sale service. It is quite disturbing to realize that you did not make any attempt to resolve this matter but rather have choose to discredit completely your customer concerns and observations exempting you from all responsibility. And more disturbing is how you put complete faith on your delivery guys that your clerk calls “expert” and give so little credit to your customer.
• Having lodged this complaint in within the right guarantee time, I demand that the exchange be done as soon as possible. And in all fairness and honesty we attest that in three weeks we could not have in any way stain a mattress, considering a protective envelope was put in from the beginning.
The end result, no one ever called, no one ever came to see the mattress. The warranty is worthless. The alternative was to take it to small claims. And it is quite astonishing that a truck driver is an expert in biology and could discern a blood stain from the little red dots that encircled the mattress.We were in a move, and no time existed to take it further. However, after 4 beds that were bought in the past, they have lost our business.