Mattress Mart

Reviews for Mattress Mart

Lyn in
Lyn in
1 review , ON

Excellent service from store to delivery staff

The in store staff were excellent, not pushy at all, left me alone to decide after pointing out features and answering questions. A friend recommended them so I was already feeling positive, but after my own experience, I highly recommend them. Even the delivery staff were very careful, polite and thorough as they fixed what the installers of my bed missed! I have a lot of confidence in them.

There was no charge for delivery.

Angela, East Toronto
Angela, East Toronto

Great customer service!

I just wanted to say how pleased I was with the customer service department. Soon after placing an online order I was contacted about receiving a comparable mattress with an earlier delivery date, I initially accepted changing the order, but then changed my mind and went with the original delivery date and order. All communications via email with Jennifer from the Ottawa office were prompt and helpful.
I called again as the original delivery date was changed and was checking on the status of the delivery and I spoke with Jessica. She was very friendly and looked into the issue very quickly and got back to me immediately. I have had to deal with other customer service departments from two different companies, not Mattress mart, regarding appliance issues...and those departments were awful regarding returning calls.

So it is a very refreshing and welcome change to deal with an online company that is professional, prompt and helpful. Thank you to Mattress Mart, and I would definitely recommend others to order online.

Karen
Karen
1 review Ottawa, ON

Mattress

I am enjoying the comfort of a new mattress set purchased with no sales pitches... just the way I like to shop! The sales and service at Mattress Mart far out did the competition! I purchased from the Kanata Mattress Mart - dealt with Brendan. He was very helpful from the moment I walked in the store - never pushed for any specific product and can certainly tell they are not on a commission! Brendan knows his stuff - was able to direct me to a few options and even helpful on the height of the bed etc. The delivery staff were very helpful and polite as well - took time to help remove the old mattress set and were professional.

I will certainly go back for the next purchase and recommend them to friends and family! Thank you to Brendan, Lori and the delivery staff (sorry don't have your names)!

mitchell goldenberg from Ottawa
mitchell goldenberg from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

new bed

hi I just bought a queen size bed at the store on hazelean in Kanata.
Not only are the prices great but the customer service I recived was more then I expected.
the salesperson asked what I was looking for soft hard ect the price range that I wanted to pay.
He showed me a few models from low end to high end he explaind the different types memory foam coils ect
The warntie on each bed how many coils kinds of coils and the coil counts on each matress.
I ended up buying the kings down Riviera model with gel foam over a coil count.
as well a 20 year warntie regular price 1,800 for 888,00 on sale for a queen size and no tax.
So if you are looking for great customer service and quality and price.
Go see Brandon or lori at the Kanata store you will not be disappointed
mitchell

Sylvie from Ottawa
Sylvie from Ottawa
1 review Vanier, ON

Buying a mattress.

I was heavily convinced to buy a mattress, was told it should suit my needs just fine and if it didn't I could return or exchange it. It was for the top bunk of a bunk bed, not only was the mattress too high it was also too heavy. I took it out of the packaging to test it out, when we realized it wouldn't suit our needs, we put it right back into the packaging and called to let them know we needed to return it. I talked to 3 different people who tried to offer us other mattresses, but they had nothing to offer us that would suit our needs for a top bunk that was rated for an adult. Our sales lady promissed to look into it and call me back, she never call me back. I finally insisted on having it returned, their paperwork says you need to give 10 days for head office to process the return. Waited 12 days, called again, was told they are just "busy" and she would get back to us when she has a moment. When I finally got a call I was told that because the packaging was opened they couldn't help me and that it wasn't their problem. When I asked to speak to someone else, was told there is no one else. She would not help me in any way and she was EXTREMELY rude, when I told her I had been given awful customer service right from the start (hoping she would at least listen to my story) her answer was "we've been in service for 30 years so we must be doing something right"... yes they are, they are misleading their customers. If you buy from them, make sure you are 120% sure you want that mattress, they will not honor a return no matter what.

Dissa Pointed in Vanier
Dissa Pointed in Vanier
1 review VANIER, ON

Bed

I bought a bed at Mattress Mart (MM) that was not performing well (sagging seriously in the first two years). MM and Kingsdown said there was nothing wrong but MM suggested replacing the box spring. Kingsdown suggested placing boards between the mattress and box spring. They will not honour the valid 20 year non pro-rated warranty. If I modify the system, the warranty will be voided. Essentially, when challenged, MM refused to respond to the issue of trying to sell me a box spring.
Still no solution and the bottom line: why would both MM and Kingsdown suggest a change to the foundation if there is nothing wrong? I am dealing with unethical players.

Mike in Sunview
Mike in Sunview
2 reviews Orl, ON

mattress

A new mattress was bought with the 90 day exchange warranty should my wife and I not like it.
Re: Queen Mattress “Kingsmere” bought on Dec 14, 2007, to be exchanged with a softer mattress “Deville”. Here what was sent to Mattress mart and the BBB.

To whom it may concern,

Now concerning the facts:
• The new mattress has been delivered on December , 2007. The delivery persons had laid the mattress on the bed and had not at any time check the mattress to assert it was free of any defects. Upon my return from work, I noticed a few marks on the side of the mattress but did not pay much attention to it at that time. I immediately have put my protective envelope on my mattress.

• After trying the mattress for a few days, my husband and I realized that it was too firm for us and we needed slightly softer one. We waited until Christmas and the holiday Season have passed to inform Mr. Karam of our intention to change the mattress for our health comfort.

• In fact, on January 18th, 2008 we paid a visit to your St Laurent store and Mr. Karam assured us that the warehouse would be calling us to arrange for a delivery date. After one week of waiting my husband called the store again and left a message to which we never had any response. I called back a few days later and they assured me that the exchange will be done on Monday January 28, 2008.

• In fact, that Monday, the delivery guys were there but refused to take back the mattress pretending that a blood stain was on it.

• Surprisingly such meticulous inspection had not been made on the first delivery which was done fast and in a hurry way.

• Furthermore, the so called blood stain can be found all around the mattress at the same height. It appears to be more an imperfection in the material rather than a stain. For I ask myself, how can a stain could appear exactly at the same place, at the same height all around. Surely we could not have done this on purpose. Also how can someone by looking at it for 2 seconds can determine that it is blood?

• Nevertheless, it is disappointing to see your after sale service. It is quite disturbing to realize that you did not make any attempt to resolve this matter but rather have choose to discredit completely your customer concerns and observations exempting you from all responsibility. And more disturbing is how you put complete faith on your delivery guys that your clerk calls “expert” and give so little credit to your customer.

• Having lodged this complaint in within the right guarantee time, I demand that the exchange be done as soon as possible. And in all fairness and honesty we attest that in three weeks we could not have in any way stain a mattress, considering a protective envelope was put in from the beginning.

The end result, no one ever called, no one ever came to see the mattress. The warranty is worthless. The alternative was to take it to small claims. And it is quite astonishing that a truck driver is an expert in biology and could discern a blood stain from the little red dots that encircled the mattress.We were in a move, and no time existed to take it further. However, after 4 beds that were bought in the past, they have lost our business.