Hatton's Hardwood Floors Inc

Reviews for Hatton's Hardwood Floors Inc

cdmcisaac in Toronto
cdmcisaac in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

Major Kitchen renovation, Hatton's laced in new hardwood to match the existing hardwood, sanded the entire level (was pre-finished hardwood) removing grooves. We chose a much lighter color, as we didn't like the old dark floors (showed too much dirt)

Result is breathtaking. My general contractor was asking who the flooring guys were, because they hadn't seen a job that looked this good.

Very impressed, and will recommend these guys 10 out of 10 times in the future.

The first picture is the before shot, I picked up the same flooring as existing but in a different color as it was getting sanded anyways.

Thank you for hiring us to for your flooring project. We love a challenge and to see it all come together in the. We are super happy that you are happy. Please tell your contractor to call us if they have flooring that needs installed or sanded. Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review.

Thanks

Cal Hatton snd team.

Curt

Honest, efficient, clean crew that do a good work!

Update:
Originally gave Hatton's a 10/10 (left review intact to show this) but have since reduced it to 7/10 due to an issue that is happening just 5 weeks after completion. There are still positives and they did give/take on some items, but feel I need to ensure others are made aware. Bottom line, disappointing how our 'like new' stained hardwood is showing signs of issue/wear in 5 weeks.

To summarize the issue: There was an high traffic/visible area that Hatton's opted to fix (sand/filler) instead of replace (this was an area of concern as other estimators I had said it likely needs new wood - I trusted their expertise on which areas should be replaced/repaired). I called Cal - to notify him that the filler was coming out and I could feel a ledge/filler popping up between wood - and to his credit he was honest and said they did not notice that in that area that the original install was not done well UNTIL they started the repair (more prone to shifting/more impacted by wood expanding/contracting).

As of now, I have expressed to him that I am very disappointed he or his crew did not call me to notify me of this issue (at the time of repair) and give me the option to replace (even if it resulted in more cost). The other areas they replaced that were damaged beyond repair are holding up well, I wish they had contacted me about this area instead of proceeding to fix instead of deciding for me.

Cal has offered 'out of customer service' to come do a re-fill and stain if/when it gets worse and I plan take him up on it. That is something which I appreciate...However, it seems this problem will keep coming back since that area should have been replaced/installed with new wood before sanding/staining. Proper customer service would be an offer or options to remedy it permanently - but I don't see them offering that or other ideas/options.

I have advised him to keep in mind for future to stand by a higher degree of excellence and do the right thing if they see something not installed from the start to mention it.. Right now, not sure if I am as happy as choosing Cal instead of the others originally stated.

Hence this is the reason for my reduction from 10 to 7.0. If this keeps getting worse - I need to find some to re-fill over time for a cost, it's not ideal/sustainable.... I will revisit this review again to adjust. Same goes thing goes for positive... if Cal offers a better option...I will let you all know.

Curtis
Pictures of 5 weeks later - repaired section attached. Everything else was good, really wanted for this to turn out good everywhere! I am a reasonable honest reviewer/customer.

*****Original Review ******************

We contacted a few companies to quote us for a main floor Hardwood refinish - sand/re-stain/repair & replace (as required). From the quote onward, we simply felt the most comfortable dealing with Cal. His price was reasonable (in the middle of the pack), but we felt good about our choice, and it worked out great!

Cal was good in communication and in cooperating with the company we had refinishing our cabinets. He was very accommodating in the top coat scheduling and it was not only appreciated but us, but the cabinet refinishing company!

His crew - they were on time, communicated well and all personable. They were tidy with their equipment at the end of each work day and were respectful of our time.

We did encounter one issue, but that was resolved to our satisfaction in a reasonable and quick fashion. Cal takes pride in customer service and it shows, he doesn't like to cut corners and will personally go the extra mile to ensure quality is good and that concerns are dealt with.

Overall we are super happy with the floor - feel like new, and new stain looks great!

Thanks Cal and team (Mike and crew)

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for hiring us as I know you had other quotes. The rest of the crew and I enjoyed working with you and your family as well. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind review. I will let the rest of the crew know as well.

Thanks

Cal and team.

Curtis in Calgary
Curtis in Calgary

refinishing hardwood and cork flooring

Hired Hatton's to refinish hardwood and cork floor.

Hard working crew but had problems immediately after they finished.

Have contacted owner but there has been no follow up.

Would not recommend.

Review has 1 previous version

Further to our last discussion we were not able to appropriately fix the area (sanding the floor was not a good option as it is a cork floor) and have compensated the Customer 100% for the area with the bonding issue.

Hi Curtis and Susi, it has taken some time to get back to you to figure out what the best option is for the repair of the layer of finish. The issue was caused from us repairing an existing cork floor and attempting to put on a coat of finish to clean up the area. There was a contaminate on the floor that did not allow the layer of finish to bond properly. We are currently working with the finish manufacturer in order to find out the best way to resolve this. We have also done a site visit since this 2 star review was posted. We are working on a game plan. I have offered a full refund for the affected area but understand that you want to have it fixed. We do not plan on leaving you high and dry.

DONNA  from Calgary
DONNA from Calgary

Additional Flooring

I wanted to add wood flooring to one small room on my main floor that had carpet. I needed it to match the maple flooring that was on the rest on the main floor.
Cal came by to do the estimate and was able to get matching wood flooring and installed it for me right away. The job was done in one day and looks great. In one photo here you can see the old floor next to the new floor.
Exactly what I had hoped for.

Hi Donna.

Thank you for your time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you and Jasper as well.

And team.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Pre-engineered floors refinished

Hatton came in to refinish our pre-engineered hardwood floors. Floors had a high-gloss finish and numerous scratches. The high-gloss finish was impossible to keep clean and showed foot prints, and dirt. Hatton came in and replaced approximately 40 boards and then completed a precoat and final coat to fill in the scratches and provide a matte finish. The floors look wonderful. The crew cleaned up and you couldn't tell they were there except for a new floor. I have now recommended Hatton for my company's business.

Hello,

Thank you for this review. It was a pleasure to clean your floors up and make you happy.

Cal Hatton and team

K in Calgary
K in Calgary

Magnificent Floors

We hired Hatton floors to re sand, re stain our existing floors and install hard wood to tie into existing hardwood. The Hatton team did a remarkable job, there was no dust, you cannot tell where the old and new floor starts, the finishing is outstanding. Cal was wonderful to work with, he explained the process, gave us a time schedule and kept to it. Our house was left at days end super clean, and locked up safely.
Hatton's made this some what disruptive experience (you need to move out) an absolute pleasure.
Thanks to Cal,Dustin,Mike,Anthony and all we love our floors again!

Wow, thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you as well. We are so glad you love your floors.

Excellent job! in Calgary
Excellent job! in Calgary

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Hatton's Hardwood refinished our hickory floors. We are very impressed with the quality of the finished work and the professionalism of the employees. The work was done in a timely manner and the end result looks amazing! At all times the employees were respectful to me, my husband and our home. They also had excellent communication skills and let us know what to expect along with a timeline. Great job - thank you!

Thank you for your feedback. I will let the rest of the team know that you were happy with your experience with having us resand your floors. It was a pleasure working with the both of you.

& team

MC in Calgary
MC in Calgary

Oak hardwood flooring color change

Cal and his company are top notch! They accurately gave multiple quote options as well as, run through the potential options to change the color of my floors with the pros and cons of each. There was no sales pitch just the facts. It was ultimately all my choice.
His experience shone through with the timeline and expectations being exactly on point. They left a clean space after and have helped me above and beyond what I typically expect from a contractor.
Would recommend and use Cal again. Very satisfied with his work.

Hello. Thank you for the awesome review. It was great to work with you, and we are pleased that you are happy with our work.

Kind regards

& team

Jeanette in Calgary
Jeanette in Calgary

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

I interviewed 3 suppliers with the same rating. Cal was the only one who followed up. When I sent him emails or texts with questions, he answered promptly. He also listened to my concerns about my experience when I had my floors refinished previously. He suggested and supplied a finish that was more suitable for our life style. The floors turned out beautiful. I would highly recommend Hatton's Hardwood Flooring.

Hi Jeanette. Thank you for your time to write this review. It was a pleasure working with you and we are happy that you are happy with our service and work.

Steven Williams in Calgary
Steven Williams in Calgary

Flooring Projects

Have a carriage suite that needed some new flooring installed and was especially concerned about the stairs, as trying to do it myself, could not find any appropriate stair nosings. They did an amazing job! Could not be happier.

Steven, thank you so much for having us do your project. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your wife. The stairs looked great.

More about Hatton's Hardwood Floors Inc

Hatton's Hardwood Floors Inc. was established in 2000; we are a small family run local business. We specialize in refinishing hardwood floors as well as renovations and supply and installation of new hardwood. We offer excellent Customer Service; just read our homestars reviews and you'll see! We are a member ...
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Calgary?