Rick's Flooring

Reviews for Rick's Flooring

JB in Ingleside
JB in Ingleside
1 review Ingleside, ON

STAY AWAY FROM RICK'S FLOORING...STAY AWAY....FAR AWAY !!!!!!!!

Worst mistake we made in years hiring Rick's Flooring.... samo story as one I read...collect money and run...couldn't care less about customer satisfaction...have pictures to prove, SHODDY WORK, NOT GOOD....!!

We are sorry that you are not satisfied. We also have pictures of the job in question. It looks stellar. We would be happy to provide them and countless others upon request. The issue here is that the client was inspecting upon direct lighting and constant angles. Under the National Wood Flooring Association guidelines, direct sunlight is not considered acceptable to judge work on a refinished floor. The floor in question was pre-finished wood, which is harder to not leave imperfections. Rick and Adam inspected it several times. This client also cursed at us. Again, please feel free to check out our work on our Facebook pages and ask us for references. We are more than happy to provide many satisfied customers.

Live Large in Ottawa
Live Large in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Poor service, poor quality

Mr. Guthro came recommended by a friend. Needed to strip down the old finish on my floors, and then refinish them (part clear, part stained). Here's how it went:

1) Rick never showed up to the job himself. Although he spoke continuously about his 30+ years of experience on the phone, he sent his young son and brother to do the job. Rick never even checked up on the job. He just came to collect the money at the end.

2) Dust EVERYWHERE. Had to have professional cleaners in twice after the job.

3) Some of my floors were permanently damaged. Streaks on the floor are now permanently stained into it. Stairs were also not good. Lots of collateral damage resulted that needed to be fixed afterwards (by me). Apparently he believes this is normal.

4) Rick became hostile during our interactions, and tried to make quite ridiculous excuses as to why this happened (my floor's fault, of course).

5) He tried to pad the bill with surprise charges over and above the original agreement.

6) In the end we agreed to a reduced price, I paid the bill, and I consider it done. However, I still have to look at my ruined floor every day. I would have rather paid full price for a good job.

There's a lot more I could say about this *unpleasant* experience, but I'll leave it there. I gave a 1 rating instead of zero because at least some of the work was ok.

I do not recommend him.

Hello.

We have just been notified of this review. Let me provide our side of the story.

At first Adam came in to do the refinishing work. He has over 10 years experience in sanding and refinishing floors. Adam explained to the client that there WILL be dust automatically since we are refinishing stairs. We use another hand machine with orbital sanders. Unfortunately, you are unable to catch all of the dust from those machines. He also explained to the client that there will be some paint touch ups on the stairs since we have to get close to the risers to refinish them properly. Also, we touched about the spindles going into the stairs (since they were not removed, it would have to be done by hand) that there may be some imperfections in that case.

The client was understanding at the beginning of the job, and accepted.

As we were refinishing the downstairs floors (parquet), to be stained, we noticed that there was some bouncing from the subfloor underneath. We tried to remedy the situation, and completed the floor anyways knowing the client may not be happy. Rick was informed and he inspected the job before completion.

We then took all of our sanding equipment to a professional sanding mechanic, to get everything inspected and found that everything was in proper working order. We have the receipts to prove this, and explained that to the customer.

We tried to rectify the situation by explaining all of this to the client, and he didn't want anything to do with it. He did not even listen to our arguments. We offered to refinish the downstairs floor again and he refused. He didn't even want to pay us for the labour time required to refinish that section of the floor. We also had to get a painter in to rectify the touchups on the stairs which we already notified the client that was going to happen, in order to get some of the payment owed to us

We have many satisfied customers willing to refer us to their friends and family. Unfortunately, this is a client which you just simply cannot satisfy. If you need further references, please feel free to ask, we’re more than willing to provide many happy customers.

More about Rick's Flooring

Hardwood flooring installation and refinishing services provided in the Ottawa, Ontario and surrounding areas.
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Ottawa?