Claridge Homes

Reviews for Claridge Homes

Ali in Toronto
Ali in Toronto

Terrible customer service

I received my property and the next day there was a major water leak coming from the ceiling damaging the ceiling and floor. This among many other deficiencies is the reason I do not recommend this company. They also have terrible customer service!

Private User reviews Welland, ON

Product

I would not recommend Claridge. The back wall of the house started breaking apart within 6 months. A house that I bought to live in for 30years is breaking in 6,months. Once you paid and moved in Claridge will not listen to you and send unprofessional people who don't do anything but say I'm not the guy for this job. I had a lot of other defects that I wont mention cause the back wall breaking and cracking will give you guys a great idea. I will attach pictures with this review have a look. Im planning to involve my community and a lawyer to see my rights. Stay away from Claridge!!!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

I dont recommend this company

I don't recommend this company to anyone. the quality of the materials is very poor. they don't respond to us during the first two years and when you call them they are extremely rude. There are major mistakes that they refused to fix them, we were promised a few times to have an inspector to look at what needs to be fixed, and NEVER COME BACK.
The garage door fall just one year after we moved in and we had to buy a brand new one and install it. Awful costumers service.

Nothing good

Simply don’t buy! Terrible plans, building and service. Windows doors and bathrooms planned at odd places. Not saving space. Not received what promised ( said engineers hardwood but got the cheep wood). Doors not insulated. Call them for service no answer. After delivery Service delays, unprofessional. Anything goes wrong, they say it’s standard and that’s the way we build. Not worth the money -over rated price

Claridges single house

the worst company ever, I can say they are not professional at all. Finishing is too bad, many structural issues, not willing to fix . They have issue in their customer services, their employee can insult the client in emails and can shout and use bad words when you ask for your right. They can ask you for appointment and don't show up and when you tell them , instead of saying sorry they start to insult the customer, the higher manager has no control on the company. the Manager can push the labor to insult the customer in email with no regret... Worst people in the after-buying service, not professional at all, full of mistakes, I wish I can say no star, but the system didnÈt allow me

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Quality of the house, customer service and wrong installations

The hardwood had chips and scratches when we moved in. It never got fixed till after a year. Customer service is very rude and not helpful. AC line was installed right next to the backyard faucet and fireplace exhaust. The front door had chipped paint and till date it is not fixed. the drive way is poorly done and its already breaking. cracks in the garage floor.

Private User reviews Aurora, ON

Sink Leakage and Unprofessionalism

Leakage from sink pipe caused damage to the laminated cupboard under my sink. Claridge builders fixed the pipe but not the laminated part because they said that I failed to inform them about the leakage right away, thus this is a secondary issue and they will not fix it. Their excuse was that I continued to use the sink and didn't contact emergency services right away, however I was never provided with an emergency contact number and discontinued to use my sink after finding out that there was a leakage, yet they are arguing that I did continue to use the sink. I also had sent an email stating twice that the bottom of my cabinet wasnot fixed. This is a perfect example of shoddy workmanship, poor installation, and ignorance. For any new home buyers, I highly suggest to invest your money somewhere else and not with Claridge homes. The people that I have been in contact with are super unprofessional, and for the amount of money that my parents and I have used to buy this condo is ridiculous

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Bad Customer Service, bad fininshings, never again

It was a nightmare story from start to finish. I bought a condo from Claridge Homes that I was supposed to take possession after 3 years. Well, it took more than 4 years to finish. The pre-inspection was a waste of time, because they will only fix a very small portion of the items that you highlight as issues. Their customer service is horrific to say the least. The finishes were very disappointing. They make you believe that you're paying for a luxurious condo building! But, once it's built, it anything but luxurious. Then, during interim occupancy, they collect monthly property taxes from you, but do not return that money back to you which you owe to the City of Ottawa when the condo is finally registered under your name.

So, best piece of advice, stay away from this builder....

Sam in Ottawa
Sam in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

BAD BAD BAD BAD..... SERVICE

I bought a house from Claridge. they delivered the house without a garage door, no toilet ( installed) in the ensuite, and so many other issues. on top of that the service department is so bad at returning calls or doing the repairs. I TELL you stay away and buy from some where else

Private User reviews Montreal, QC

Services for repair new house

Some repair have to repair because Clridage well send contracter to repair the repairs but they fix it but not fixed right or they say we can not fix. I have moved over 1 year but I never seen new house needs lots repair and most the staff and I fixed lots of them and I still need more to repair.

Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?