Claridge Homes

2001-210 Gladstone Avenue Ottawa ON
HomeStars  >  Builders in Ottawa  >  Claridge Homes

Reviews for Claridge Homes

1 review Ottawa, ON

Quality of the house, customer service and wrong installations

The hardwood had chips and scratches when we moved in. It never got fixed till after a year. Customer service is very rude and not helpful. AC line was installed right next to the backyard faucet and fireplace exhaust. The front door had chipped paint and till date it is not fixed. the drive way is poorly done and its already breaking. cracks in the garage floor.

Sink Leakage and Unprofessionalism

Leakage from sink pipe caused damage to the laminated cupboard under my sink. Claridge builders fixed the pipe but not the laminated part because they said that I failed to inform them about the leakage right away, thus this is a secondary issue and they will not fix it. Their excuse was that I continued to use the sink and didn't contact emergency services right away, however I was never provided with an emergency contact number and discontinued to use my sink after finding out that there was a leakage, yet they are arguing that I did continue to use the sink. I also had sent an email stating twice that the bottom of my cabinet wasnot fixed. This is a perfect example of shoddy workmanship, poor installation, and ignorance. For any new home buyers, I highly suggest to invest your money somewhere else and not with Claridge homes. The people that I have been in contact with are super unprofessional, and for the amount of money that my parents and I have used to buy this condo is ridiculous

Bad Customer Service, bad fininshings, never again

It was a nightmare story from start to finish. I bought a condo from Claridge Homes that I was supposed to take possession after 3 years. Well, it took more than 4 years to finish. The pre-inspection was a waste of time, because they will only fix a very small portion of the items that you highlight as issues. Their customer service is horrific to say the least. The finishes were very disappointing. They make you believe that you're paying for a luxurious condo building! But, once it's built, it anything but luxurious. Then, during interim occupancy, they collect monthly property taxes from you, but do not return that money back to you which you owe to the City of Ottawa when the condo is finally registered under your name.

So, best piece of advice, stay away from this builder....

Sam in Ottawa
Sam in Ottawa

BAD BAD BAD BAD..... SERVICE

I bought a house from Claridge. they delivered the house without a garage door, no toilet ( installed) in the ensuite, and so many other issues. on top of that the service department is so bad at returning calls or doing the repairs. I TELL you stay away and buy from some where else

1 review Montreal, QC

Services for repair new house

Some repair have to repair because Clridage well send contracter to repair the repairs but they fix it but not fixed right or they say we can not fix. I have moved over 1 year but I never seen new house needs lots repair and most the staff and I fixed lots of them and I still need more to repair.

Worst housing company

Clarified is the worst builder in Ottawa but anywhere else pay the extra it saves in the long run. First when we bought the house our living room ceiling broke open because of crappy installation of bathroom upstairs and fighting with clarified to get it fixed it wasn't there problem they told it was the subcontractors vice versa for 2 weeks. Second walls were all placed wrong oh well house built I was told. Third redoing the windows we discovered little to no insulation between windows and outside sideing removed frames and could see right outside.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Worst builder I've ever seen.

The previous user sums it up pretty well. This company is the worst from start to finish. The workmanship is absolutely poor. When deficiencies are written on the tarion form and trades scheduled, many trades don't show up or do a 20% job, so you have to take yet another day off work. We took 16 last year and we arent done. The customer service gives you false promises and empty apologies, followed by excuses of "internal reorg". A constant revolving door of people. The ones that care are demoted. They have been going through reorg for over a year based on this. Their neighborhoods don't sell so amenities and schools are not being built. They have violated electrical code, gas code, and building code in my home that I had to tell them was deficient. Their staff argued with me about code! I'll never buy Claridge again. Not ever. Not even a non new-build. The Malhotra family doesn't care about people or their products. Just money and rapid expansion. Shameful and a disgrace.

nnourah from Ottawa
nnourah from Ottawa

House

Claridge Homes has the worst builder on every level: low quality in building material, and worst customer service, this company does not care about client satisfaction, all they care for is your money; as soon as the purchase agreement is signed, you are stuck with a mountain of errors and mistakes and over charges, that the company does not want to correct or take ownership for.
This company, denies paying the family/friend referral bonus, based on silly unjustifiable reasons, simply because they choose not to pay.
I would NOT recommend this builder.
I would never buy from this builder again.

Jonathan from Ottawa
Jonathan from Ottawa

Claridge Plaza

Terrible customer service. This company's number one goal is greed. They will never ever try to satisfy the customer if that means they have spend $1 or more. They are extremely nice and accomodating when they are selling you a house or condo, but after you have signed the agreement, they don't care about you at all!