Reliance Holmes Heating And Cooling - Ottawa

Heather from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

New furnace and AC

Central AC and New Furnace
Sales rep Justin was great and explained everything, and the installation went well and was on time. My only complaint is that at the sales discussion we were told that the AC and furnace we were getting would qualify for the government rebate, but after the units were installed, we realised that they put in a different model than promised, and therefore we did not qualify for the full rebate. This was really disappointing. I also found in frustrating to try and get a follow up appointment regarding a small leak - despite making an appointment the technician never showed up (because I missed his phone call even though I was home waiting for him!) I found this really frustrating and am so far disappointed with the customer service. Not sure that I would recommend Reliance to others

Hi Heather, I am sorry to hear about the rebate and the missed appointment. If you require further assistance please feel free to email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Greg G. in Ottawa
Greg G. in Ottawa

New Furnace and A/C installed

I received excellent service both frorm the sales rep and the installer 12NOV18. Installers arrived as scheduled, kept me in the loop of their progress as the day went by and naturally showed me all the features and NEST thermostat controls. I was impressed with their appearance and follow up cleaning. Altogether it took about 7 hours from start to finish. they worked non-stop.

Only Con is I wish they offered lower end systems, but I am not complaining, I still feel I got my monies worth and very happy with my new system. Perhaps getting a new A/C in the winter isn't the best idea but I am confident if I have any issues next summer I only have to call to get it taken care of. System comes with a 10 year P&L warranty.

Kudo's to the installer gents, mgmt. and sales rep.

Thank you for the kind review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

installation of furnace/air conditioner

The installers were early on time. They were knowledgeable. They did the job within the time the salesman had told us. They were very polite and took the old parts with them. Great service. Would recommand this co.

Thank you for the wonderful review! ~Jessica

Furnace repair

I had to technician Dave out to repair my furnace. He was very polite, knowledgeable and professional. He fixed my furnace quickly and explained everything along the way. Couldn't have asked for better service

Thank you for the wonderful review! ~Jessica

Brad Hall in Kanata
Brad Hall in Kanata

Very Poor Communicators

Purchased a new furnace and AC in Dec 2017. Company was supposed to provide me with the necessary information to get the Ontario IESO rebate and in fact stated they would submit on my behalf. They did neither and despite repeated emails and phone calls from me reps will not respond to provide any info as to why there is a delay or how they can fix this.
Apparently 27 years as a loyal Holmes and Holmes Reliance Customer means nothing to them. I will be cancelling my service contract and telling my story to my friends, all of whom are home owners.

Hi Brad, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to email me I can look into this further, pkirby@reliancecomfort.com ~ Penny

Jeremy Beaumier from Ottawa
Jeremy Beaumier from Ottawa

Central A/C Repair - Water Leaking

NOT IMPRESSED.
Is it me, or are all of these HVAC companies just trying to sell you new un-needed equipment??

I placed a call to check my central air system as water was leaking all over the basement floor.

The tech showed up, took all the panels off to look inside, removed the air filter, then proceeded to do a pressure test. Afterwards he told me the problem was that the coolant was low due to a leak in the discharge valve and that the valve needs to be replaced and the system needs to be flushed and checked for other leaks, total cost about $2,000. He then further suggested it was time to replace the unit and proceeded to schedule a sales appointment.

The he charged me $100 for the diagnostic and left.

I went downstairs to the basement to find he'd left all the panels off, left the air filter laying on the floor and of course I still had to deal with a growing puddle of water. Before reassembling the furnace, I decided to poke around myself, I don't know much about furnaces or A/C but I'm fairly handy. I thought I'd take apart the drain pipe to check drainage, and what do you know, it was clogged. I used a plumbers snake and cleaned it out, reassembled everything and.... everything works perfectly now. No more water on the floor.

As for low coolant, not sure, but the house cools no problem, even with the high heat and humidity, sooo… I don't want to call BS, but I'm very skeptical.

TLDR: Tech did a half-baked job, and didn't even address the actual problem, just tried to sell me a new unit.

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with us. If you can please email me with your address/account information I would like to further investigate this service call. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Stretch in Ottawa
Stretch in Ottawa

Water Heater service & Furnace Plan service

Two separate service visits - two different products - two different service techs.....same great result.
1. Water Heater Rental - service call: Technician Jake went above and beyond to make sure we would continue to have hot water and a working rental heater. Great rep for the company. Very helpful advice and super friendly.
2. Furnace Service Plan - service call: Dwayne M. is the man. Knows his way around a furnace, he does. Best furnace service my Lennox has ever experienced. Solved the problem expertly. And again that famous Reliance friendliness was there.

Conclusion: I have to say this just builds the confidence I have in Reliance when it comes to making sure my Water Heater and Furnace stay in good condition and keep working smoothly at an affordable cost. None better.

Thank you for the wonderful review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

Penny in Gloucester
Penny in Gloucester

A/C Installation

I'd like to thank Greg, Taylor and Ken W. for a job well done. They were on time, polite and they worked quickly and efficiently to complete the job on time. This is the first time we've had central air so they took the time to explain how the thermostat works and instructions for the coming winter. I'm very happy we chose Reliance to install our A/C. Thanks again.

We are happy you chose us as well, we value your business and appreciate your great feedback. ~Haley

Mark in Ottawa
Mark in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Furnace and A/C Install

I would like to send a big thank you to the entire Reliance team that installed my furnace and AC.

Service received was impeccable right from sales to scheduling to completion of the install.

I was assured and re-assured through every step of the way that I was getting exactly what was expected, and any unexpected challenges that came up along the way were rectified above and beyond.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the sales/install team who's attention to detail and professionalism are far reaching and are exemplary to the service industry as a whole.

Thanks Mike Jovic from sales and his install team Kevin and Rob (3099) for a job well done!

Thank you for the review Mark, enjoy your new equipment. ~Jessica

Air Conditioner call

Our air conditioner was not working, spoke with a lovely service technician over the phone. She went over options with me including checking the breakers for the A/C - it worked!!! Really appreciate the help especially in a heat wave!

Thank you for the review! ~Jessica

More about Reliance Holmes Heating And Cooling - Ottawa

Reliance Holmes Heating and Air Conditioning is one of the largest and best known HVAC sales and service providers for many reasons, including:

We've been in business for over 45 years since
We're one of the largest HVAC contractors in Ottawa,
Many of our products are eligible for an assortment of government and manufacturer rebates
We sell and install only the highest standard of heating, cooling and air quality products and services.
We offer comprehensive repair services and protection plans to keep our customers comfortable year-round.
Our HVAC technicians are some of the best-trained professionals in the industry.
We genuinely care about your well-being and will work hard every day to earn your business and trust.

Furnace Repair and maintenance,
Air conditioner repair and maintenance,
Boiler & Water Heater repair and maintenance,
Fireplace and pool heater repairs,
Duct Cleaning,
HEPA Ventilation Systems,
HEPA Filtration Systems,
Epurair Media Filter,
Humidifiers,
Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV's)