HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Reliance Holmes Heating and Cooling - Ottawa
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Reliance Holmes Heating and Cooling - Ottawa

Jocelyne in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

My furnace and AC was installed by Hys and Ryan A. Both installers were polite and courteous. They were efficient and very thorough. Took the time to explain the operation and maintenance of the equipment. The installation took a good part of the day but it went very well and efficiently. I have no hesitation in recommending both Hys and Ryan and the Reliance company. Also want to mention that the sales rep, Pat, was very informative and provided all the necessary details in regards to my purchase and I felt very comfortable and pleased with signing the Reliance contract.

Thank you so much for your great review, we truly appreciate it! ~Haley

Stefan W. in Toronto

For the last few years, we have had the home heating plan that includes an annual maintenance as well as service calls in case of furnace failure. So far so good with the annual maintenance, and until recently no service calls were required.

A couple of months ago, we moved to a new-to-us (but very old) home with an old furnace, and we continued the plan at the new address. We didn't know whether the furnace would work or not - appliances were included "as-is."

When the first really cold day came along a few weeks ago, we had a "no-heat" situation. Called up Reliance, and they had someone there the next day, who was able to determine the source of the problem (a malfunctioning venting fan) and adjust it for temporary function until a new part came in about a week later. Second tech came in, installed the part, and did the annual check up and maintenance, taking the time to show me what he was doing (I'm interested to learn how things work) and also giving me information about some interesting new home heating solutions (also in response to my questions).

Furnace works fine now, and we're quite happy.

The only thing I would change about the Reliance experience is the scheduling window for the appointment. I think it should maybe be a 2-hour window rather than a 4-hour window, so you don't have to take a huge chunk out of your day to wait around. If that were changed, i would increase the rating to 10 stars.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your review and your valued feedback, Stefan! ~Haley

DR in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Hys, Ryan A., Kenny and Chris did an outstanding job on the furnace and tankless hot water heater install and had impeccable customer service, were very friendly and courteous. Definitely exceeded my already high expectations. I would easily recommend Reliance to anyone. I wish I could give more than 10 out of 10.

This is so amazing to hear, thank you so much for your review we really appreciate it! ~Haley

Viirginia Merritt from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Service was first-rate from the first visit by the sales person, Satish, to installation by Alex and Kyle. Satish provided sound knowledge of all options, how they worked, and made recommendations based on the size of my home and budget. The installation was excellent. Alex and Kyle were on time and the installation was completed ahead of schedule. They both provided all the information I needed to operate the furnace and thermostat. The area, and access to the area were left clean, neat and tidy. What more can I say!

This is so nice to hear! Thank you Viirginia for sharing your comments and review! We do our best to provide great service and I'm so pleased to read about your experience! ~ Penny

1 review Ottawa, ON

I had two young men come install my products. There names were Greg and Kenny, They just didn't get the job done in a timely fashion but they also were very polite and well mannered. If you get the chance to ask for anyone I would recommend these two installers.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're very fortunate to have Greg and Kenny as part of our team. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

1 review Ottawa, ON

Hys & Ryan are true professionals who are kind, well mannered and worked continuously. Excellent job by both of these guys. Definitely would recommend them for another job! Thanks guys!!

Rick in Stittsville
1 review Ottawa, ON

Hys and Ryan A. we're the installers. They we're very professional, answered all my questions and were very respectful. They worked clean, took away all the garbage and swept up. They ended up taking away old equipment for me at no extra charge. They explained what they were doing, why and took the time to explain how to use the equipment/thermostat. I was extremely satisfied with every aspect of this transaction. I have been with Holmes/Reliance for many years and this latest purchase/installation justifies my loyalty.

Thank you Rick for sharing your experience! This is so nice to hear! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! ~ Penny

1 review Ottawa, ON

The guys from Reliance were very competent and friendly. They were willing to answer questions and even fixed up my crooked gas meter at no extra charge. Everything looks neatly and professionally done.

This is so great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Brad in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I highly recommend using this company, the installers are very polite, professional and know what they're doing. Derek and Chris did an amazing job installing the furnace, and Mark the hot water tank. Both installs look very professional and the work area was left very clean. They made sure I knew how to operate the equipment before leaving and answered all my questions.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Brad, we truly appreciate it! ~Haley

1 review Ottawa, ON

Kevin, Rob (3099) and crew did our installation today and did a mighty fine job. We have been dealing with Holmes Heating, now known as Reliance for 40 years and have always been pleased with their product and service. The crew today were on time, pleasant to deal with, and at the end of the job they provided a run down of the work done ensuring that we had all manuals. I do have to add that they listened to my concern about thorough caulking to ensure mice could not get in. Before leaving they assured me that they did indeed do this and they also provided a few tips to reduce the likelihood of mice entering the house. We have been thoroughly satisfied with both Chris in sales and the install crew.

Thank you so much for your amazing review, and for being such a valued customer! ~Haley

More about Reliance Holmes Heating and Cooling - Ottawa

Reliance Holmes Heating and Air Conditioning is one of the largest and best known HVAC sales and service providers for many reasons, including:

We've been in business for over 45 years since
We're one of the largest HVAC contractors in Ottawa,
Many of our products are eligible for an assortment of government and manufacturer rebates
We sell and install only the highest standard of heating, cooling and air quality products and services.
We offer comprehensive repair services and protection plans to keep our customers comfortable year-round.
Our HVAC technicians are some of the best-trained professionals in the industry.
We genuinely care about your well-being and will work hard every day to earn your business and trust.

Furnace Repair and maintenance,
Air conditioner repair and maintenance,
Boiler & Water Heater repair and maintenance,
Fireplace and pool heater repairs,
Duct Cleaning,
HEPA Ventilation Systems,
HEPA Filtration Systems,
Epurair Media Filter,
Humidifiers,
Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV's)