Bedrock Homes

Reviews for Bedrock Homes

Ashish in Edmonton
Ashish in Edmonton

Pleasant experience purchasing home

We purchased a new house that was already built and ready for occupation. We were impressed with the quality of materials used, the layout of the house, enhancements to several details such as larger windows throughout providing a lot of light in the house, bigger bonus room and garage etc. We agreed on a contract to have the landscaping done by Bedrock, new appliances supplied, a deck installed and some other additions done before we moved in. Bedrock did a prompt and complete job meeting all our requests for changes. We have been in the house for a year now and there have been few issues or defects arising - the major problem was on the HVAC system which was picking up radio signals and behaving erratically. Bedrock attended to all the issues raised by us through their warranty program and resolved the issues within days of us raising them. Overall, we have been very happy with our home and Bedrock’s attention to making our move a pleasant experience.

Evan66 in Edmonton
Evan66 in Edmonton

Landscaping Disaster

Greetings, I am here to write of a review of Bedrock homes, more specifically their landscaping. We bought our house in November 2015 in the Fraser Vista area. In our purchase we paid for bedrock to do the landscaping for us, thinking it would save us the hassle. This turned out to be the biggest waste of money I've ever experienced. It is currently October 14 almost a full Calendar year since we bought the property and our yard still looks very similar to way it did a year ago. We waited patiently all spring, summer, and fall for something to get done. We even bought a new puppy anticipating that he would have a yard to play in. We have a yard of dirt weeds and water. I contacted the woman in charge of landscaping to find out why nothing had got done all year. She happened to be on vacation and didn't respond for over a week. When she did return she blamed the city for being to busy and not coming out to do the final grade. So I followed up and called the city. They told me that bedrock hadn't filed a request for final grade approval. Having found out I was given the runaround I called the General Manager of the company. He seemed concerned and honest upon our first conversation and I was told he would look into it and call me back. That was over a week ago I received no call back and I haven't been able to reach him since. So I got back in touch with the landscaping woman and told her what the city said. She said it was all a misunderstanding and tried to talk her way out of the wrong information I was told. She then blamed her contractor and gave me the contact information for Wiseman Landscaping. The man I talked to was completely unprofessional and blamed the weather for nothing getting done all summer. I was hoping he would take some accountability, but that seems to be a foreign concept to these people. I'm not sure if it's procrastination or they are saving money by buying all our grass and trees in October but what ever the case I'm out of patience. Our yard looks terrible! It's full of half dead trees and shrubs they delivered, weeds that grew all summer, no steps for our deck, garbage, and has a river of water running from the back to the front. They originally said we had the option to get grass in the spring. Which made sense since it has snowed 3 times already this year. Now I was told they are going back on what they said and putting in grass next week despite the snow and Ice covering the ground. They are delusional claiming grass planted in EARLY fall is completely fine. Late October does not seem like early fall to me especially with the snow. I implore anyone who foolishly buys a bedrock home to do the landscaping themselves! This company cuts every corner imaginable to save money buy a home from someone else who treats their customers with dignity and respect.

Excellent Customer Skill

Built the house from Bedrock. I would have given zero but now things got resolved I would give 3 stars. Customer service is great but like any other builders that I know, it goes down from there.
They do not have direct contact with folks who actually build the house. Having said that, 3 days before my possession, house was not completed. they were going to give me the keys. all the things that were not done, they said, it's seasonal or gave some other excuses. I called and called and they kept on passing the buck. I was furious at that time and complained and finally had them got all done by the time I got the key. Squeaky wheels gets the grease. I just thought, that shouldn't have happened to anyone especially buying half million dollar house.

Dalia from Edmonton
Dalia from Edmonton

New home build

Late in building home, with many installation defects, did not returned calls, passed the buck. Does not have social responsibility to its customers would never recommend. My shingles have been falling of my roof since bought home over 2 years ago.
update: in May I complained to the Better Business Bureau, today I am happy to say that the contracted roofing company repaired the shingles along with other minor defects.

k smith from Leduc
k smith from Leduc
1 review ,

Bedrock Homes

They build a nice home but they have no customer service after they have your money . have had a major water leak and they still have not completed repairs two months latter and the driveway pad is crumbling and cracking and all the do is site ANHW and refuse to repair it or help stop the problem after two cement experts keep telling me it will just get worse so after the one year warranty it will be to late . They have sent out roofers to repair the roof three times and it is still not fixed .

Jeramy Paananen from Edmonton
Jeramy Paananen from Edmonton

New Home Build

After many this review was posted bedrock made good on their issue I am now editing this say that despite issues with some of the quality of their prior workmanship I am satisfied with the integrity of this company.

Review has 1 previous version

More about Bedrock Homes

o Since 1999, Bedrock Homes has specialized in the design and construction of entry to mid-level homes, offering a multitude of floor plans and options to suit your family’s needs. At Bedrock Homes, we stand behind what we build. We pride ourselves on being a quality, affordable, energy-efficient home builder. ...