Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Reviews for Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Kathy from Ottawa
Kathy from Ottawa

Home Foundation repair

I chose Eric's Concrete and Masonry Services to repair my home foundation, after meeting with several contractors, because I felt the most confident with Eric that the work would be completed well and within the budget. Eric's was the only company that would provide an estimate only after completing some test holes and soil tests. This meant that he provided a price under contract rather than what felt like a minimum estimate provided by most companies. Even when unexpected issues arose, Eric stuck to the original contract. The work involved underpinning, installation of a waterproof membrane, exterior insulation, window wells, and a weeping tile and sump system on three of the four sides of my home. Eric arranged for all permits and inspections by private and Ottawa city engineers at the appropriate stages of the project. The company works on one job at a time, so they were here every day, rain or shine, and sometimes worked in terrible wet and muddy conditions. His team is well-oiled machine that clearly has worked together for many years. They were very respectful of neighbouring properties and cleaned up at the end of each day. I can't say enough good about Eric's Concrete Service; their timeliness, care and professionalism was impressive. I am very pleased that I chose this company for this expensive, but essential, work to preserve my home.

Hi Kathy, I would like to give you a wholehearted thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. My team and I are dedicated to providing quality work on each and every job we perform, so I am very happy to see it shows, and when we make a contract we honour it. We wish you all the best. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Valerie
Valerie

Foundation Assessment

During last Tuesday's monsoon I had two significant leaks in my basement largely because my eaves troughs were plugged. Given the breach in the foundation, I was sure we needed work. Eric came by, assessed the situation and indicated it was likely a one-off event and that the changes I had already made (on the eaves troughs) and the changes planned (re-sloping the driveway) were likely good enough. No charge for the visit or advice. Great professional. H

Thanks for your review Valerie, even if we didn't end up doing business with you per se! Honesty and integrity are very important to us, so we won't try to sell you something that is not needed. Thank you for appreciating that and sharing your experience here. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Malcolm from Ottawa
Malcolm from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Foundation restoration

5 years ago water was leaking into my basement during any decent rainfall. After acquiring 3 estimates I chose Eric for a couple of reasons. Firstly a trusted friend highly recommended his work and secondly Eric gave a no holds barred assessment of the scope of the problem. He wouldn't give a final quote until he did further testing. The other contractors gave quotes based on a best case scenario and I was very wary of how costs might escalate as problems arose. Eric guaranteed his price once he was certain of the work required. He absolutely refused to do anything less than a complete job. The man proved to have great integrity. The job involved an underpinning of the entire foundation increasing both the depth and width of the footings. Weeping tile was put in place (there had been none previously) and sump pump installed. In the end the job required a 4 man crew for 1 full week. The crew arrived on time every day, were very friendly and respectful and every single step was explained. 5 years later and not a single drop of water has entered since. Amazing given that the house is in the Rideau River flood plain. I am so glad I chose Eric for this very important and expensive work.

Hi Malcolm, thank you very much for this detailed and appreciative review of our service to your home. Integrity is a core 'foundation' to our business, and we always wish to be as accurate in our pricing as possible - even if that means waiting to conduct further tests to determine the scope of work. All the best to you and your newly waterproofed home. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Pam  from Ottawa
Pam from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Replacement of garage floor

I found this company to provide excellent hands-on service, meticulous workmanship, punctuality, and was the lowest bid for this project. It has been a pleasure to deal with them and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Hi Pam, thank you for sharing your experience with our company here. It was of course a pleasure working with you as well.

A sincere thank you for any future referrals, Eric Pietryka, Owner

Hanna W from Etobicoke
Hanna W from Etobicoke
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

install window wells, waterproofing

Eric's Concrete was one of four companies I asked for opinion and estimate . His knowledgeable and confident opinion as well as proposed solution was one that made the most sense. I am very happy with the quality of work done, professional manner of Eric and his crew. Every step was explained in details, the project went exactly according to the plan, job site was left supper clean , crew even hosed the driveway. The water leak is dealt with for good. Thank you>

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience on here. It is great to read how happy you were with the quality of work and our commitment to keeping you informed along the way. Thank you in advance for any future recommendations or referrals you may provide for Eric's Concerte.

Daniel from Ottawa
Daniel from Ottawa
1 review Orl, ON

New garage floor

Eric's company did an excellent job replacing our garage floor. He is very knowledgeable and no-nonsense. He explained everything that needed to be done and the duration. Every thing was done on time and on budget. At the end of the job, Eric's crew did a good job to clean up afterwards. I will recommend Eric's company to folks if they are looking to replace their garage floor or have any concrete work done.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for commenting on your experience with Eric’s Concrete. With every job, we make sure that the work is done on-time, and on budget -- thanks for mentioning that. As well, thank you in advance for any future referrals you provide.

Peter & Meredith Norman from Kanata
Peter & Meredith Norman from Kanata
2 reviews Kanata, ON

replace concrete garage floor

We are completely satisfied with the quality of the workmanship and with the way Eric conducted business. He and his men did what he said he would do, when he would do it and for the price he quoted. He checked on the work in progress and returned after the job finished to personally ensure that it was completed to our satisfaction. The price was fair and reasonable to replace our double-car garage floor. Eric is courteous and professional and we will definitely recommend Eric's Concrete to our family and friends. We only wish we had hired Eric's Concrete to replace our garage floor years earlier. Thanks Eric.

Hi Peter & Meredith,
Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. We take pride in the quality of our work, and in going the extra mile to ensure that all our customers are completely satisfied when the work is done. Thanks for recommending Eric's Concrete to your family and friends.

Andr
Andr

leaky basement

Last fall, I asked, through the Internet, 3 companies to give me an estimate to fix my problem with a leaky basement. Eric was by far the lowest bidder. The reviews impressed by Eric, I liked his explanations of the work involved. When I signed the contract with him, he furnished in minute details every aspect of the work, the time-frame, and that he would come every day to make sure the work was done properly and to alleviate any concerns I might have. He did the work in the time-frame indicated, the disturbance was held to a minimum. The work area was very well secured by a fence. At the end of each day, the workers made sure to clean up the work site and properly store their heavy equipment. I was extremely pleased with his work and would highly recommend him.

Hi André,

Thank you for your comments. We do take pride in our attention to detail and our commitment to doing hte highest quality work, with minimal disruption to the customer. Thank you for recommending us.

Anna Audet from Gloucester
Anna Audet from Gloucester
1 review Gloucester, ON

Cracked Basement Wall

Eric was very professional and explained in detail what our problem was. Eric's cost was very competitive with all the other companies I contacted but in my opinion, his trade knowledge made the decision to use his company an easy one. We needed this job done very quickly as we had a basement reno scheduled. Eric's company made our job a priority and had the job done as promised. I would recommend this company to my friends and family.

Hi Anna,
We take pride in our professionalism and knowledge, so thank you for mentioning that in your comments. We always make sure to give each job our full attention, and complete the work to your expectations, on-time and on-budget. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family.

Walter from Cumberland
Walter from Cumberland
1 review Cumberland, ON

Waterproofing

I have used Eric's Concrete and Masonry Services Ltd. on several occasions to do water proofing and underpinning. Eric's knowledge and experience make dealing with him a pleasure. His proposals are very detailed, and includes shop drawings and specific products he intends to use. Eric has a team of highly trained and experienced tradespeople that take great pride in their work. Their work is immaculate, the jobsite was always left clean at end of the day, and protective fencing and safety equipment was always used. I would definitely hire Eric's Concrete and Masonry Services again and would not hesitate to refer him.

Hi Walter,
Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your experience working with us. We are proud of our staff and the great work they do, so thank you for acknowledging our team, and for any referrals you do end up providing in the future.

More about Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Your house is your home, and it deserves a strong foundation.

Eric’s Concrete offers structural repair and stabilization, foundation wall replacement, underpinning, water proofing and crack repair

WHY CHOOSE US
-----------------------------------------

- We follow all legal and provincial regulations with city permits.

- We use an upfront approach with honest pricing based on our evaluation.

- You pay when the job is done and you are completely satisfied.

- We are always on time and on budget.

- We respect your home, neighborhood and environment.

- No sub-contractors - only our team of skilled, trained and experienced workers.

- All jobs inspected regularly by senior engineers.