Basement Renovation

Reviews for Artiste Renovations & Contracting

Mark in Edmonton
Mark in Edmonton
10 reviews Edmonton, AB

Kitchen and main floor renovation

We needed to do some renovations on the main floor of our house: new kitchen, replace carpet and linoleum with hardwood, and update a bathroom. We looked for a contractor via a general web search and then checked reviews. We had three people come give us an estimate.
Although all of the estimates were somewhat similar, we went with Artiste because we found the owner (Barry) the easiest and most trustworthy to deal with. The others wouldn’t give us a clear quote, weren’t clear as to who would be doing some of the actual work (i.e. sub-contractors, etc.). As well, when checking the references we came across a person who we knew and vouched for Barry’s work.

The project was finished on time and on budget. We are extremely pleased with the work that Barry and his team did. It appears to be of the highest quality in all aspects. The new cupboards, countertop and flooring in particular were perfectly installed. Although we did most of the design work ourselves, Barry and his colleagues provide helpful suggestions when asked. Barry was always quick to respond to our emails and he provided updates on the project on a regular basis and when asked.

We are pleased to highly recommend Artiste Renovations. We will use them again for any future projects.

Thank you Mark. It was a pleasure to do this project for you and I'm very glad you are so pleased with the result. You and Margaret were wonderful clients to work with and I look forward to doing future projects in your home.

Walker Woods in Edmonton
Walker Woods in Edmonton

Kitchen Renovation 2016

Artiste delivers outstanding project management, renovation know-how and expertise in planning, coordination and quality of trades people. Dedicated tradesmen was professional and of high standard workmanship. Barry planned and managed the project very well and visited the project site regularly, addressing issues proficiently. Trades showed up when scheduled, on time, and their professionalism was notable.

Thank you for the positive review. I am glad you are happy with your kitchen and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Saltyleah
Saltyleah

Bathroom Reno

I called Barry at Artiste Renovations for an initial bathroom quote. He came over and reviewed what I wanted done for our bathroom. He provided us with a quote and another option for what we wanted done in the bathroom.

During our renovation, Barry was very professional, always kept in contact with me via email or text, kept me in the loop of the progress of the work, ensured that everything that I wanted completed in the bathroom was done.

We are satisfied and extremely pleased with the quality of workmanship of the tiling of our bathroom (thank you, Lorne!) the installation of the fixtures, the smooth process of the renovation and the relationship that we developed with Barry. When we asked for something to be completed or inquired about an add on or even to increase the heat of the water coming out of our showerhead, Barry was prompt and knowledgeable with his responses.

This was our first house renovation and we are very happy to have our bathroom completed!

Thank you Artiste Renovations!

Thanks for the kind words Leah. I'm pleased that you are happy with the final product. It has been a pleasure to work with you and Clint on this project. Great clients. I look forward to future opportunities to serve you. All the best.

DonaldM in Edmonton
DonaldM in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Renovation of basement bathroom

Outstanding, timely, efficient work from Barry and his team. Always on time, quick responses to any questions. Easily the easiest to work with company that we have ever used. Everything done on time and within budget. No surprises and always went the extra mile. Can not recommend them enough. Outstanding work! And the room looks great.

Thanks Donald for the kind words. I'm really glad that you and Susan are happy with the work and look forward to future opportunities to serve your needs. It has been a pleasure working with you. Have an enjoyable and safe summer!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Bathroom tub and tile

Barry was very responsive to my request for tub and tile replacement in my rental condo bathroom. His team was able to complete the renovation in a short timeframe and I knew I could trust him and his team to do a quality, skilled job. (I had a full bathroom renovation done by Artiste Renovations in my own home within the past 2 years.)
I look forward to working with Artiste Renovations again in the future.

Thank you for allowing us to do another project for you. I'm glad you are pleased with the finished product and look forward for future opportunities to serve your needs. Warm regards.

Louise Boulay in Edmonton
Louise Boulay in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Basement and third level of four level split

The work done was A+ and very reasonably priced. Hans is meticulous and a perfectionist. I will be calling Barry to do our next projects. This company was a pleasure to work with. Reliable and always true to it's word.

Thanks Louise. It was our pleasure to work with you on this project. I look forward to future opportunities to serve you. May you have much enjoyment in your "new" space.

Brady and Heidi Van Ry in Edmonton
Brady and Heidi Van Ry in Edmonton

Bathroom renovation

We are very happy with our bathroom reno done by Artiste Renovations. We had an old tile shower removed and they put in a new marble shower which is a thousand times better. They were able to increase the size of what had been a very small shower. They also took care of a mold problem that we found once the old shower was removed, which we really appreciate. All of our taps have been updated, the grout redone, and a new toilet put in as well, making for a very nicely redone bathroom. The crew was very pleasant and hard working, and we would definitely recommend them as the quality of work done was very very good. Nothing was rushed or done shoddily and all of our concerns were taken care of. Thank you Barry!

Thank you Brady and Heidi for the kind words. I am happy that you are pleased with the work and will pass the thanks on to my crew as well. You were great clients to work with (and we loved your dog!). Wishing you much health and happiness.

Carole Picard in Edmonton
Carole Picard in Edmonton
2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Basement renovation

We found this site to be very helpful with deciding who we would pick as our contractor for our basement reno. We chose Artiste to do our bathroom first to see if all these great reviews were true. They completely transformed our very rough looking circa 1975 bathroom to it's current state which is perfect. The following season we contemplated using different tradespeople thinking it might be cheaper. We thought about it for about 2 seconds. Why would we go elsewhere when Barry and his crew did such an awesome job. Our basement bedrooms and rumpus room were completely redone and the results are equally awesome. I can't thank Barry, Hans and Rene enough for their professionalism and their consideration of our needs throughout the whole process. we would never consider anyone else if we needed more work.

Thanks Carole and Darren. It was all our pleasure to do another renovation in your home. We look forward to other opportunities to update your home. Wishing you all the best in 2018!

tdrapati
tdrapati
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Main bathroom renovations

When it was time to do our Main bathroom in our 53 years old Bungalow we turned once more to Artiste, as they tackled renovating both the exterior of our house along with the kitchen. With both of these projects I (we) were very impressed with not only Barry's crew, but with the sub-contractors that Barry has in to do work like electrical and plumbing along with vendors e.g. Julian tile.
I'm very happy to report that this continued with this bathroom renovation as well! Barry's crew (Hans and Rene) arrived on time and their work was of the highest quality! Once more the subcontractors were excellent as well. We ran into dimmer switch problem with the vintage LED light bulbs we had for our bathroom fixture. Kevin at Payne Electrical researched for the best option and had a new switch in the next week that works great! And Wendy at Superior Cabinets was great walking us through all the different opinions for cabinets and counter tops.
The new bathroom is such a dramatic improvement, thanks to Barry and everyone involved.

Donna & Teddy R.

Donna and Teddy - Thank you for the opportunity to once again do a renovation project in your home. It has been a pleasure for both myself and my crew and I am glad that you are happy with the new look of the bathroom . Wishing you both all the best in all your future endeavors.

Mike from Edmonton
Mike from Edmonton
6 reviews Spruce Grove, AB

Basement Renovation

After reading the great reviews on Homestars. My wife and I hired Artiste when our basement flooded. I am pleased to say that all the reviews were true and I echo the previous reviewer's comments. Barry's professionalism and most particularly his punctuality with responses to emails, calls and site visits were excellent. The highly skilled and courteous trades-people he has working for him were also a pleasure to deal with. Hans is absolutely one of the best carpenter's I've met! Our design included a wood entertainment unit to be built in our basement to match the quality and look of the unit we have upstairs. Hans built a unit from scratch and it is absolutely stunning, you could never tell it was built after the fact. I cannot tell you how pleased we are with this company. There were no hidden costs, trades-people showed up everyday on time (they were also very mindful of our dog and 2 cats) and we were always kept in the loop with who was going to be at our house on any given day. We will definitely call Barry and his crew again in the future!

Thank you Mike for the kind words. Our whole crew mentioned on several occasions how much they appreciated working in your home. You and Erin were always very helpful when asked questions that needed to be answered. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you both. I wish you every success and look forward to working with you again in the future.

More about Artiste Renovations & Contracting

Artiste Renovations & Contracting specializes in interior renovations including kitchens, bathrooms, basement developments and whole house make-overs including additions. Our attention to detail and customer service have made us one of Edmonton's finest. Fully licenced and insured. A+ BBB member. Top quality craftsmanship with integrity. www.artisterenos.ca .