Orkin Pest Control

Marcela from Edmonton
Marcela from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

mouse infestation control

We had a mouse infestation in our house and hired Orkin to help us with it. The worker came to our house and did a really great job with setting up mouse traps and explaining the service. We purchased a plan where they set up mouse traps and return monthly for the 3 months in a row to clean the mouse traps and add more if needed.
After the first time the worker showed up, he attempted to call me 1.5 months later and left me a message to return his call. I attempted to return his call within the hour and he did not pick up. Then, after trying to get a hold of him multiple times ,I called the Edmonton office and asked to speak with him (assuming that maybe his cell phone wasn't working). The lady at the Edmonton office told me that he was in Red Deer but that it was weird that he had not returned my phone calls. She 'paged' him and told me he would call me back. After waiting another week for him to call me back, I again contacted the Edmonton office where again they 'paged' him. No return call.
After another 2 weeks (almost 3 months after the first visit), I called the Edmonton office and asked to speak with the worker's supervisor. The lady stated that she would 'page' him and he would return my call....which did not happen. After attempting to get his supervisor paged another 2 times, I called the head office in Ontario and explained my situation to the reception lady there. They were VERY polite and helpful and were "shocked" that the worker had not returned to our house to complete the service. She took my information down and allowed me to leave a message with the general manager of Orkin. Within 20 minutes, I received a phone call from the Edmonton head office from a man who stated that the worker had attempted to return my calls many times. I told him that I disagreed and that I had been trying to contact someone from their office for a long time (almost 4 months after the first visit). This man said that he would send the worker back to my house and ask him to finish our service, at this point I asked him for a full refund as they did not complete the service as agreed upon and we had lost complete trust in them. He agreed to do this and after some conversations with the service manager at the Edmonton branch (finally!) who told us that he had never been made aware of our concerns, we were issued a refund.
As we were waiting for our refund (about 3 weeks) we were issued an invoice for the money that we had already paid in the mail! I again contacted the Edmonton branch where I was transferred to the finance person who told me to throw out the invoice as their computer had made a mistake. I waited another 2 weeks and was contacted by the finance person who suggested I go and pick up the cheque as the first one was lost in the mail (!).
Finally, after about 5-6 months of issues and concerns, we finally received a refund...we never had anyone come and take the mouse traps out of our house (as the head office people said they should do).
Horrible experience to say the least and would NEVER recommend their service to anyone.