Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc

125-85 West Wilmot St. Richmond Hill ON L4B1K7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Richmond Hill  >  Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc

Reviews for Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc

noahkelly from Woodbridge
noahkelly from Woodbridge

Replacement of our Furnace

We have been wanting to replace our furnace for some time now. It finally broke down at a bad time, right at the end of November. We called Econoair because a family member had recommended them. They are a small operation and very personable. They gave us a great price and really went out of their way to make sure the installation was done carefully and properly. Thank you guys.

Thanks for your recognition and feedback. This will encourage our staff to do even better in serving our clients.

EddyG from York
EddyG from York

New furnace installation

Bruce was quick to respond, gave me a good price on a furnace, and was able to set up installation the very next morning.
Installers Efren and Justin were friendly, competent and very tidy.
I had a minor aesthetic concern after the installers left and I called Bruce about it. He had the guys return the next morning to make sure I was happy. Great service!

Call for service

I have placed a call on Friday for a service call. I was told it was not feasible anymore since the company no longer work on rooftop units. However, Bruce was able to assist me with valuable information and was able to guide me to resolve the issue.

Review has 1 previous version

Vladimir in Maple
Vladimir in Maple
1 review York Regional Municipality, ON

A/C, new humidifier and service overall

My search for new A/C started with self-education and digesting information from a few HVAC professional forums. Then I began calling around HVAC companies with high Homestar ratings and who are on market for at least several years. The thing which apparently made finding knowledgeable company difficult was high velocity air handler in our furnace which turns to be a "niche" product. Many companies came to visit and just threw "we install plenum, A or N coil etc" without any research on how high velocity air handler works and knowing its pros/cons. Eventually 2 knowledgeable companies were chosen, one offering Trane and Econoair offering Carrier and Goodman A/C. I dropped Trane offer and went with Goodman due to almost $700 difference between similar specs units and feeling both money-wise and service-wise Econoair is more attentive to requirements and possessing more practical knowledge. Econoair is Carrier factory authorized dealer meaning utmost level of expertise. However as I said I went with Goodman A/C.
Apparently proper A/C install is of more importance than A/C model if we talk of extremes. Bruce took time to properly analyze furnace and air handler current install and came up with balanced and optimal design. Bruce approach was much more thorough and diligent than approach from higher ranked Homestars HVAC companies who inspected our furnace.
Eventually Efron and Justin perfectly executed all steps for proper A/C install.
Above install took place at the end of Aug 2016. Fast forward to mid-Oct when one day I went on to check if our hydronic heating is ready for winter time and working and it was not ! In rush I called Reliance (who we rent water heater from) and they said thermostat is gone and new one cannot get obtained so an only option is to replace everything with another combi-boiler. I called Econoair. Bruce had gone through water heater documentation and addressed an issue in absence of working thermostat. Yes it is temporary until new thermostat will be sourced.

In summary I feel confident proper site survey, design, install and subsequent support is part of Econoair business model. Having seen other companies representatives and installers I noticed Econoair guys are not in rush and/or under stress which to me tells a lot. Installation obviously requires knowledge, experience and last but not least - time no matter how "effective/fast" you are. Thank you folks !

Best regards.

Alex  in Thornhill
Alex in Thornhill

AC, water heater install and service

Hired Econoair to install the furnace, A/C and water heater.
They professional from the moment they arrive to estimate and recommend the equipment, and to this date, I use them yearly for maintenance.

Call Bruce for install quotes, and Faraz for maintenance, if you want to sleep at night.

Always remember, you get what you pay for......I am in 4th year of equipment ownership, and all is perfect. Initial small issues were ironed out within 30 days of install.

John A.
John A.

A/C Service Call for repai

Good company. good customer service. Dealt with issue in a proper manner when there was an issue. Good job on our install. Would recommend to others for install and service.

Review has 1 previous version

Allan in Toronto
Allan in Toronto

Carrier air conditioner and furnace replacement

I recently had to replace my air conditioner and furnace. After contacting several contractors, I selected Econoair after meeting with Bruce, the owner. He was honest and straight forward and the job was done professionally, on time and on budget. I am very pleased with my experience and would highly recommend Econoair.

Dan
Dan

Carrier Furnace Repair

We obtained a High Efficiency Carrier furnace two years ago through another company, and have had nothing but trouble since. They sent a technician many times to repair the furnace, replacing parts in the hope they would find something that works. All to no avail. I finally got fed up and did some research to find another HVAC company. The initial telephone conversation I had with Bruce satisfied me that he is a real expert, and not someone who blindly replaces parts. Bruce and his team have now solved the problem that we've endured for two years, and I'm very grateful I encountered him. Should we have any further HVAC needs, I will call Bruce first.

More about Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc

Econoair Heating & Cooling Inc. We are a heating and cooling contractor. We service, install and repair furnaces, air conditioners, fireplaces, ductless Air conditioners and heat pumps, tankless water heaters, water heaters, boilers, air purifiers, humidifiers, thermostats.