Fabric Shops

Review for Fabricland Distributors

Leanne  in Trenton
Leanne in Trenton
1 review Picton, ON

Required backing for prefab panel curtains

613-968-9337
305 North Front
Belleville

I had went to Fabricland a few weeks back to inquire about purchasing a backing or lining for curtains. I explained to the employee that I have 3 windows in my bedroom and I want something to attach to my already existing curtains that will block out light.
Not being familiar with these products myself I expected that the employees at a fabric store would be. I was wrong.
Yesterday I was about to start attaching the lining to my curtains when I decided I had better pin it first and hold it up to a window to make sure it was what I was looking for. Low and behold it was not. It barley made any difference at all.
Today I took the fabric back to the store and asked for a manager. I explained that I was mislead into purchasing a product that wasn't to my satisfaction. The manager agreed to allow an exchange for black out lining.
When I had purchased the first fabric it was on sale for 50% off which worked out to be 4.50 a meter. Today they would not give me the 50% off price on the fabric I was exchanging for which left me paying a substantial difference at $12 a meter. When you require 12 Meters of fabric $7.50 a meter extra is a big difference!
I was happy at first they were going to exchange the fabric but once I found out that they wouldn't honor the sales price I was disgusted with The poor customer service and the lack of people skills that the manager offed. She didn't apologize for the inconvenience or apologize for the employes poor education on there products. Apparently standing around having a conversation with other employees about Burt Reynolds is more important then customer satisfaction. I will defiantly not be going back to fabricland. I will be purchasing all my fabric from online vendors in the future.