Groves Electric Inc

Reviews for Groves Electric Inc

Lj in Brantford
Lj in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Quality employees, slightly above average prices... poor management

I was really hoping this was the electrical company I would use for the next twenty years, but sadly they suggested I take my business elsewhere. I have many properties and have used this company several times. The employees and electricians are fantastic and very profession... props to them. The husband and wife management team are less then fantastic. It is hard for them to give a time or date when they will arrive, they move appointments without letting you know and aren’t honest about why they moved the appointment - I get emergencies happen but be honest! The owner was very disrespectful to me on the phone when I called for an explaination as to why they wouldn’t be coming to a booked service. He told me they have 2000 customers and didn’t have time for me or my business and to go elsewhere. I am disappointed as they do have great employees. Hope if you use the company your experience is better.

Cat in Hamilton
Cat in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

New Pool Installation

We just had a new pool installation and required electric work to be completed for the install. Groves Electric did amazing. From the initial quote request to the completion of the job..they did great. Shawn even took his time to take us through and explain their work after it was completed. Friendly, honest, hard working individuals. We will definitely recommend and use this company again in the future if need be for our house :) Beyond 100% satisfied customer

1 review Hamilton, ON

knob and tube rewiring and more

We are extremely pleased with the work by Groves Electric! They did an excellent job! Everything we asked for was completed and they stayed on time and budget. Our house was built in 1925 and had some knob and tube wiring on two floors and also some newer wiring that needed replacing/fixing. Groves Electric disconnected all the knob and tube and put in all new wiring. We also gave them a list of about 20 other electrical jobs we wanted done (new pot lights, adding a few more outlets, adding more ceiling lights, adding a porch light, adding a wall sconce, replacing all switches/outlets to a newer style, etc.). We have a drop ceiling in the basement so they were able to do the work without having to put holes in the walls. The knob and tube work plus the list of 20 other things took 6 days. They called whenever they had to confirm the small details throughout the week and also kept everything very tidy. We'll definitely recommend them to others!

Brad in Stoney Creek
Brad in Stoney Creek

Knob & Tube Replacement

Over, above, and then some, we could not have been more satisfied with Groves' work on our whole-home rewiring project. From Rob's no nonsense assessment and quote, through Tom and Cody's workmanship, to the attention to detail in the finished product, we feel the respect they had for us every time we turn on a light switch.

We bought a home that on inspection was estimated to be 75% knob/tube wiring. As major insurance companies refuse to cover homes with this type of electrical system, we needed someone who could handle this job quickly and efficiently within the 5 days between closing and moving. Not only did they complete the work within the timeframe, they added all the little extras as if it was their own home. All new ceiling fixtures to correct previous damage, new switches, new receptacles, even new outlets on the deck. They even rewired previously upgraded wiring done poorly when the addition was added.

When all was said and done, the costs were well within the low end of their quote with thousands of dollars to spare. They did exactly what needed to be done without skimping on materials and without cutting corners. Tom and Cody were extremely respectful during the day of overlap after moving into the space. They left zero garbage on site, cleaned all dust and debris, and left zero holes in the walls.

If you need knob and tube replacement, these are the only guys I would call.

Sselvaggi in Hamilton
Sselvaggi in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Hot tub ho up and auxiliary electrical panel

Very professional and tidy workmanship. Extremely happy with everything from the quote to the finished install. Would definately recommend this company and would not hesitate to use them for future electrical needs.
Gerry in Dundas

Justin  from Hamilton
Justin from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Pot lights and under cabinet retrofit

We had Rob give us a quote for 7 pot lights in our kitchen plus install some under cabinet LEDs. The two guys that came in were professional, hard working and efficient. I would absolutely recommend them to friends and plan to use them again!

Renata and Dave in Dunnville
Renata and Dave in Dunnville
3 reviews Ancaster, ON

Pool Pump 110V to 220V

Groves Electric Inc
519-647-3337
63 Howard Street
Lynden

Groves has done work at my home on a handful of occassions, both inside and outside. They are reliable, trustworthy and responsible. I would recommend them to anyone for electrical work.

Sal in Flamborough
Sal in Flamborough
6 reviews Beamsville, ON

Generator panel installation

Prompt courteous efficient service. Electrician was knowledgable and completed a professional installation. Very respectful of our property, courteous and well spoken. I would not hesitate to have this company in our home again.

John from Burlington
John from Burlington
2 reviews , ON

Home rewiring

I cannot express how thoroughly delighted we were with the work done by the team at Groves Electric. When we moved into our home, we thought that we had only minor electrical work to be done to ensure it was safe and met our needs; unfortunately we found that the previous work done on our home was not to code. in addition, it was hazardous. The Groves team rewired our entire house, explaining the process entirely and partitioning the work to make it more financially feasible for us. Their explained all their work and were respectful of our home while providing quality workmanship.

I have already recommended them to family members and they are now doing work for them.

I am extremely pleased with their commitment to quality.