Groves Electric Inc

Groves Electric Inc

Reviews for Groves Electric Inc

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Exterior Lights

I am writing this review because Groves Electric was excellent to deal with, and I am impressed with their customer care.

Their call staff were professional (including about their covid protocols and pricing). The employees who attended were efficient, courteous and honest. Upon determining that the potlights could not be installed due to our house structure, they offered other solutions to meet my needs and remain within budget. They also helpfully brought to my attention some other electrical repairs, including a grounding issue, and provided some cost-effective recommendations. They were patient answering questions and took the time to properly explain the service and bill.

Tom
Tom
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

From now on, I will not have anyone else do my electrical work

Removed all knob and tube from 105+ year old home and a major clean up of the electrical. Neil, Aaron, James + crew were all excellent. On time, great work, respectful of the house, cleaned up really well and everyone was very friendly.

I won't have anyone else do electrical work.

Thank you for the review Tom! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Electric Base Board replaced

Great service

Electrician very helpful and willing to help us make the right decision for what we needed.

Would gladly use them again and recommend them for there great service

Thank you for the review! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Renovation - Pot light installation

We used Groves Electric for our lasted home renovation project. Greg and his team were fantastic! From Greg coming out and giving us the initial quote, to the guys coming out and installing our new pot lights and fixtures, everything as amazing. A very clean and professional job at a great price. Even the payment process was easy as the girls in the office were super helpful! We will be using Groves for all of our future electrical projects and would highly recommend them to anyone in need of electrical work in the area.

Thank you for the review! I will let the guys know your kind words. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Albie O'Hanian
Albie O'Hanian
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Electrician

We have dealt with Groves Electric Inc. for the last 20 years for both our rental and personal properties. They offer great, fast efficient service. They have provided us recommendations on how to best improve and keep safe the electrical units at our rental properties. They have provided us an invaluable service as we added more rental properties. I would highly recommend them as a company.

Thank you for the review! I will be sure to let the team know your kind words.

Lj in Brantford
Lj in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Quality employees, slightly above average prices... poor management

I was really hoping this was the electrical company I would use for the next twenty years, but sadly they suggested I take my business elsewhere. I have many properties and have used this company several times. The employees and electricians are fantastic and very profession... props to them. The husband and wife management team are less then fantastic. It is hard for them to give a time or date when they will arrive, they move appointments without letting you know and aren’t honest about why they moved the appointment - I get emergencies happen but be honest! The owner was very disrespectful to me on the phone when I called for an explaination as to why they wouldn’t be coming to a booked service. He told me they have 2000 customers and didn’t have time for me or my business and to go elsewhere. I am disappointed as they do have great employees. Hope if you use the company your experience is better.

LJ, Thank you for the review, I just want to inform you that we are now under new management and we still have a lot of the same tradespeople. We would love to here from you if you require any other electrical work. 519-647-3337

Cat in Hamilton
Cat in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

New Pool Installation

We just had a new pool installation and required electric work to be completed for the install. Groves Electric did amazing. From the initial quote request to the completion of the job..they did great. Shawn even took his time to take us through and explain their work after it was completed. Friendly, honest, hard working individuals. We will definitely recommend and use this company again in the future if need be for our house :) Beyond 100% satisfied customer

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

knob and tube rewiring and more

We are extremely pleased with the work by Groves Electric! They did an excellent job! Everything we asked for was completed and they stayed on time and budget. Our house was built in 1925 and had some knob and tube wiring on two floors and also some newer wiring that needed replacing/fixing. Groves Electric disconnected all the knob and tube and put in all new wiring. We also gave them a list of about 20 other electrical jobs we wanted done (new pot lights, adding a few more outlets, adding more ceiling lights, adding a porch light, adding a wall sconce, replacing all switches/outlets to a newer style, etc.). We have a drop ceiling in the basement so they were able to do the work without having to put holes in the walls. The knob and tube work plus the list of 20 other things took 6 days. They called whenever they had to confirm the small details throughout the week and also kept everything very tidy. We'll definitely recommend them to others!

Brad in Stoney Creek
Brad in Stoney Creek
1 review Hamilton, ON

Knob & Tube Replacement

Over, above, and then some, we could not have been more satisfied with Groves' work on our whole-home rewiring project. From Rob's no nonsense assessment and quote, through Tom and Cody's workmanship, to the attention to detail in the finished product, we feel the respect they had for us every time we turn on a light switch.

We bought a home that on inspection was estimated to be 75% knob/tube wiring. As major insurance companies refuse to cover homes with this type of electrical system, we needed someone who could handle this job quickly and efficiently within the 5 days between closing and moving. Not only did they complete the work within the timeframe, they added all the little extras as if it was their own home. All new ceiling fixtures to correct previous damage, new switches, new receptacles, even new outlets on the deck. They even rewired previously upgraded wiring done poorly when the addition was added.

When all was said and done, the costs were well within the low end of their quote with thousands of dollars to spare. They did exactly what needed to be done without skimping on materials and without cutting corners. Tom and Cody were extremely respectful during the day of overlap after moving into the space. They left zero garbage on site, cleaned all dust and debris, and left zero holes in the walls.

If you need knob and tube replacement, these are the only guys I would call.

Sselvaggi in Hamilton
Sselvaggi in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Hot tub ho up and auxiliary electrical panel

Very professional and tidy workmanship. Extremely happy with everything from the quote to the finished install. Would definately recommend this company and would not hesitate to use them for future electrical needs.
Gerry in Dundas

More about Groves Electric Inc

No job is too big or too small at Groves Electric. When it comes to electrical services for your home, farm or business, you need someone who is experienced, trustworthy and efficient. Groves Electric is all that – and more. We are a full service family owner and operated company with over 20 years experience providing high- quality electrical services.​ Call us today for a FREE quote!
- Renovations