Brick The

MC in Ottawa
MC in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Waste of time and money

This place is awful. First off they NEVER answer their phones. When I asked about it they said that they are always busy..meanwhile I watched them sit and ignore calls the whole time I was in the (next to empty) store. Second off, they just want your money. They do not care if you are happy with what you are buying..the second they get the money from you they couldn't possibly care less. I have been trying to figure out a delivery date and was told that the next possible date would be in 3 weeks (okay fine) BUT they couldn't hold the couch in their warehouse for that long because of the holidays....(they could have/should have mentioned this before I paid) . I was told to call back and set up a "local moving company" to come in and bring the couch to my house at an earlier date. They said that the company is through "The Brick" and that they only accept cash. (little sketchy) however if that's what it takes for it to be delivered..then fine. I have been calling for 4 days and not 1 person has picked up the phone. It is the worst customer service I have ever received. Also the fact that they do not have a return policy is ridiculous. I should have went with a company that has a little faith in their products. Would never deal with "The Brick" again.

Katherine from The Junction
Katherine from The Junction

Couch purchase

We were looking for a couch. The Brick was one of many furniture stores we looked in. Our sales person was very helpful and patient, even when we took ages to decide on what we wanted over two separate visits. We left feeling satisfied with the service and the warranty. The couch was delivered as promised during the delivery window and everything went very well. Our only issue was that the pull-down console on the couch was poorly put together and came un-glued within a couple of weeks. We put in a service request and they sent someone to basically crazy glue it back together for us. So all-in-all our experience was good, but the quality of the furniture is still a bit questionable even at the higher end of their price range. The staff and service exceeded our expectations but despite that I'm pretty sure we won't be back any time soon for furniture.

NewHome owner in Ottawa
NewHome owner in Ottawa
10 reviews OTTAWA, ON

Appliance purchase

Purchased a dishwasher and a fridge. Didn't receive the delivery on the agreed date, and wasn't informed with the delay until I called in. Take a day off work for nothing...

Esther in Nepean
Esther in Nepean
3 reviews Nepean, ON

Whirlpool Dishwasher

It was a floor model. We bought an extended 5 yr. warranty. Towards the end of the warranty, the rack rusted a little. I called the technician, and he decided it was too costly to replace the rack. We were able to get a credit of $600 to get a brand new dishwasher. The warranty worked out well for us. The service at the Brick is also reasonable.

rmk Barrhaven
rmk Barrhaven
3 reviews Gloucester, ON

5 Appliances

We dealt with the commercial sales division since our builder was giving us a credit towards kitchen appliances. It was extremely difficult to actually pay them, and was hard to reach our rep whenever I had a question. If you're willing to put up with calling them several times and threatening to cancel your order, you will save some bucks, but if you don't want the hassle, try another store.

ngrove Nepean
ngrove Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Appliance Shopping

We recently purchased a new home that came with a voucher for appliances at The Brick. In order to not lose that amount, we pretty much had to go there to get our appliances. We found the sales people extremely pushy, and definitely won't be back after we're done with our appliances.