Prestige Railings & Stairs Ltd

Reviews for Prestige Railings & Stairs Ltd

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Rail removal and installation

Poor salesman communication
When communication was finally established over concerns of installers ability, knowledge and workmanship salesman was dismissive and condicending
When it was brought to the attention of management that the railings were loose and wobbling and that the handrail was installed well outside of building code height restrictions they did send out a much better qualified person to tear out and redo the job which was appreciated.
Some minor issues lingered for which salesman never responded and when his management was contacted they promised to look into it but then never did respond after that.
All names withheld for fear of litigations as seen in the news of late.

Ken in Calgary
Ken in Calgary

Railing

Great work from start to finish. Sales, production, delivery went well. Installation by Ian was excellent, worked late to complete the job in one day. Very pleased with the result.

Thank you for the great review Ken. I'm so glad you're happy with the job and how everything turned out!

Mark and Gloria in Calgary
Mark and Gloria in Calgary

Stair railings - demo and install

From starting quote, to demo and installation everyone we dealt with at Prestige delivered. They were on time, courteous and neat but the end result is what we were most impressed with. Ian is a fantastic craftsman and the railings look spectacular. Thanks for a great job all.

Thank you for the kind review! Please let us know if you ever need anything else!

David in Calgary in Calgary
David in Calgary in Calgary

Replacement Stairs

Ordered this replacement stairwell and new railing around Mid June. It took awhile to get the measurements and the stairs and railing built, but was finally installed on July 21 with the finishing done on July 22. There were a few issues some problems around a pocket door and reinforcing that should have been done while the drywall was off. This was probably my fault. In any case the stairs and railing are now in and we are just trying to finalize staining.

The stairs and railing look beautiful and we are very happy with the final look. Great job Prestige. Anyone I talked to at Prestige was helpful and courteous including the 3 different installers we dealt with.

Linda C.
Linda C.

Railings for our Home Renovation

Prestige is an exceptionally professional company. We were impressed with Kody who guided us through the rail selection process and gave us a quote that outlined all the details and then scheduled our install. He answered all our questions and gave us all the info we needed to prepare for the install.

George, the installer, showed up exactly on time and did an absolutely stunning job in our home. All the wood finishing was done immaculately and George is obviously highly skilled. He cleaned up the area as if he never had been there.

Honestly, I didn't expect the high quality of the wood and the finishing details that were provided in the service. Prestige exceeded my expectations and I am thrilled. Wish the rest of our reno went as smoothly as this install did.

Thanks Prestige for the beautiful job and making my day!

I would highly recommend this company!

branko in Pasadena
branko in Pasadena

New maple railings placed in recently purchased Calgary house

We have placed new maple railings at our recently purchased house in Calgary. Did not know much about railings and Prestige before. My experience with the company was great. Technician who completed railing was very professional, friendly and kind and provided service to the highest level possible. Would recommend Prestige to others.

Pat in Calgary
Pat in Calgary

Staircase Replacement

We are doing a renovation and wanted to put in a new wood/rod-iron railing. Right from the start Kody our sales rep, was very helpful and professional. The technician Kyle came out to install the railing, was a really nice guy too and did an excellent job. It was such a great experience that we are having them build our fireplace posts as well. Thanks you guys - we love our new railing, it's beautiful!!

Ruth in Calgary
Ruth in Calgary

Cappings to stairwell

I had Prestige replace my cappings to my stairwell, after I had new hardwood put in. It was a difficult job because the wall was crooked from the original construction of the home. Due to the difficulty, the first attempt created a narrow board to accommodate the wall. I was not initially pleased, so contact the company, who put me in touch with the owner, Kevin, who reassured me that they could try to modify a new capping to fit the wave of the wall and make the top and bottom the size that matches the original work done by prestige 10 years ago when I built the home.

When Eric, their qualified technician redid it, I was so pleased with the outcome. I am impressed that even for a small job, they put their best efforts into this job, by completing a redo to my satisfaction.

I would recommend this company to any one in Calgary. They are the most pleasant, kindest and qualified people for these type of jobs, that one can find. In case the stars do not reflect in this email.... I would give them a 10/10. They are absolutely awesome!!

Photos not available as I have to get the stainer in. But trust my word!!

Ruth

Vanessa from Calgary
Vanessa from Calgary

Maple Railing and repair

We built our home 8 years ago and the craftsmanship of the railings have been great. They have held up very well over the years but there is one stand alone post at the top of our stairs that divides the hallway and the bonus room that became quite loose over the years with continued use. I am impressed that with a phone call and a few emails to show the problem they sent out a service tech to correct the issue without question within a week. The tech did an even better job than expected by not having to drill into the post to better secure it and he cleaned up after as well. Very impressed with their after service and workmanship.

Joey Chan from Calgary
Joey Chan from Calgary

Glass 10mm Maple Railing

At the beginning of the project everything was great. Called made an appointment to have someone come do the measurements. Response was quick and there was someone at my house in a few days. Email process was quick and fast response. Had several options and different pricing. When I finally decided on what I was going to go with. Paid 3600 for a down deposit. After that that it went down hill. It has been several months and my railing is still now completed. Tried talking to the sales Rep Dennis and nothing. Several time he was out of town or just never bothered to call me back. I finally got a hold of a manger Kevin. Explained to him the situation. He told me it would be taken care of the following day. The installers came the next day and one of the glass planes was defective and another piece was too long. So the install could not be completed. Im still trying to get a hold of someone to tell me how long I have to wait. Just no one will return my calls. I feel like asking for my money back and going with another company. I would never use Prestige Railing & Stairs again.

Looking for Railings pros in Calgary?