Marble Factory The

Reviews for Marble Factory The

H.M. in Calgary
H.M. in Calgary

Did not go well...

When we had to renovate the shower I wanted to use cultered marble. We had this in the tub and sink counters and it stood up very well over the
years. We went with The Marble Factory.

Unfortunately things did not go very well. On some days they did not show up even when they said the day before that they were going to be there. We had to phone the office to find out if they were still coming.

During attachment of the marble panels they were not installed flat to the wall which meant it did no align with the outside corner. This looked
pretty ugly and would have been visible every time we walked by the shower. They tried do blame it on the wall not being flat which was ridiculous because the old tiles that were removed from the wall fit square. They were trying to get me to accept it as is and it was not till I proved to them were the error was that they fixed it.
In addition when they attached the glass to the cultured marble panels the knife of one of the workers slipped and they gouged the panel. They
offered to patch up the gouge. When I asked them if the finished repair would be visible. They said it would so we would not accept a patch repair. They grudgingly removed and replaced one of the cultered marble pieces.
During final assembly they had a great deal of trouble adjusting the shower door. It would always bind. They had to come back a number of times because you could not open the shower door in the morning. We did not find out till a little over a year later, when I had to replace the bottom shower door seal, that their worker had in fact stripped the hex socket of one of the hinge screws, which meant that the screw could not longer be loosened to adjust the glass shower door. When I spoke to The Marble Factory they said it was out of warranty and tried to say I stripped the screw head. They would only come out to look at it if we agreed to pay a $150.00 service call.
We told them that the Warranty on workmanship per their Warranty document was 2 years and we would not pay to repair the damage done by The Marble Factory. There was no further response from them so I drilled ot the damaged screw and removed it with a screw extractor. Fortunately I was able to do this myself but a customer should not have to repair damages done by a contractor. We paid $8650 for this shower replacement.
In summary their Cultured Marble is an excellent material but based on our experience I would recommend you find a better contractor than The
Marble Factory.

Linda in Sechelt
Linda in Sechelt
1 review Sechelt, BC

engineered granite bathroom vanity top

My new vanity top was very pretty but is not at all durable. Absolutely everything leaves scratches.
Very disappointed i n this product.
Would only be appropriate for use in a little utilized powder room.

Marge in Calgary
Marge in Calgary

partial bathroom renovation-flooring, shower, tub, toilet

I hired Marble Factory to finish a job started by an independent contractor who was deceitful. He ordered twice the amount of materials needed and wanted to finish the job when we were out of town. Undoubtedly, he wanted the "extra" materials to supplement his already "non-fixed" estimate. He showed up when he felt like it. On the other hand, Marble Factory was excellent. The quote was what I paid. The work was done in a timely manner and they stood by their work. The employees who came to my house were competent and personable. My bathroom looks amazing.

miranda patterson calgary
miranda patterson calgary

new bathroom countertop

I visited Marble Factory's showroom and liked the variety of finishes and colours of their cultured marble countertops. It looked comparable to Corian but much more affordable. I got a 9' countertop with 2 integrated sinks in a faux granite finish. When Tony (the owner, I think) arrived to do measurements, he even gave me some advice on how to straighten out the base cabinets which I had installed myself (amateur job, I gotta admit). A month later, the countertop was ready. The guys installed it pretty quickly (boy, it looked heavy, and they carried it up 2 flights of stairs!), but when they left I noticed an inch long scratch and some un-polished spots. I called them -- No problem, they sent another guy out a couple weeks later. He polished both spots smooth and glossy so now it looks great. The only thing I miss is a written guarantee for the counter -- not sure if I was entitled to one, but if I have any issues I will call them.

Looking for Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories pros in Calgary?